OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

1) $COIN trading at a ~13 p/e

2) $NU trading below $9.38 (Buffest & Coleman reported cost basis)

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain

Avoid pointless purchases, especially if those purchases are made with debt.

focus your investments of time and money — align what you do with your strengths and expertise

Take manageable risks like planning a fundraiser, starting an interest group, or found a company

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain

Avoid pointless purchases, especially if those purchases are made with debt.

focus your investments of time and money — align what you do with your strengths and expertise

Take manageable risks like planning a fundraiser, starting an interest group, or found a company

I spent alot of 2021 investing in other companies i think ur advice is great, would be better to spend and take risk in myself

thanks for the tips

Does anyone have experience using statistical analysis to evaluate prospective stocks, rebalancing your portfolio, forecast, etc.? I’m just curious if anyone who has taken a stats class actually applied it (like standard deviation, correlation) to their personal finances.

I really suck at financial planning

anyone have any resources to help me budget/save money?

i have started to cut down on buying random things
1) Make a list of ALL your bills and the amount. For credit cards find the current minimum payments.

2) Research the 50-30-20 budget rule. Categorize your bills/expenses by Needs (Mortgage), Savings Goals/Debt repayment (IRA contributions, CC and loan payments), and Wants/Flexible spending (subscriptions, non-essential things). Then see how much of your after tax (and benefits) income is allocated to each category and is unallocated.

3) Do some soul searching. If 50% of your after tax income is going to Wants then you need to cut back. Similarly, if more of your unallocated income is spent on BS instead of going to savings or debt repayment then adjust accordingly.

4) Setup your pay check so that a modest percentage - say 5% - after tax automatically goes into a savings account (high yield preferably). The idea is that you always save something - anything is better than nothing. After you know where you stand financially you can throw more money into savings on a per check or month basis (or towards high interest debt). This has been key for me building a liquid emergency fund. Seeing it grow motivates me to keep it growing and rebuild it ASAP if I dip into it.

5) Embrace autopay. Setup a checking account dedicated to autopay bills. Calculate how much you need to replenish it each month, per check based on bill due dates. All my bills are in a calendar with reminders. You are going to pay the bill anyway so might as well automate it and benefit from the discount some companies offer. Every dollar saved is a dollar earned. Same thing with interest payments - view it as free money.

6) Research and utilize every pretax benefit your job offers that makes sense.

7) If applicable, do 1-6 with your partner/spouse. Just know where each other stand financially. Then you can discuss future plans, how to tag team certain things, and expectations regarding financial independence.

Seeing everything on a spreadsheet and being able to visualize things has really helped me understand the long-term impacts of the decisions I make today. For example, that extra $200 on eating out in a month instead of paying down debt translates to x amount of interest accrued and x amount of additional months to pay it off. I make it a point to enjoy my hard earned money (work to live, not live to work) but everything money wise is now at least an informed decision.

What yall think of the yeild curve inversion? Recession in 6to 24 mnths?? Plans?

Recessions are natural part of the growth economic cycle. You get sped up growth then a slowdown, rinse and repeat. So, Im not tryna fear monger. Just wondering if yall paying attention to this at all, or incorporating any of this potential in your long term strategy.

I also wonder if other companies see this coming and are doing stock splits to continue to look attractive in a down market AMZ Google TSLA etc...

Speaking of TSLA... what are yalls thoughts on Musk taking 9% ownership of Twitter?

I'm against it in about every conceivable way.

Back
Top Bottom