OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I've had Ford and Target in the portfolio for a while now.

Has returned a decent amount, will hold for the long-term.

Oil and gas exploration companies

Ford technical chart been looking good for a week

Delta airlines chart looks great also. Wouldn't hold this one tho. Spike in oil will mess u up

Good looks on the reminder about oil & airline companies. Forgot that they're correlated. I've been playing with Gol airlines for a little bit.

BBRY if this breaks 11 tomorrow, shorts are getting squeezed. This could have 12+ in it

KONG also setting up for a nice chart break around 11. 10.92 is 52 week high. Lower volume tho

The Nokia deal's got BBRY shareholders wet :lol: How real is this "quick sale" of the company?

I'm done with chinese companies after getting tangled in LITB & KNDI :smh:

FB is looking better and better as of late. It can run huge IMO.
Yup, I'm with you on that.  I'm still mad that I took an L on them
laugh.gif
mean.gif
The Nokia deal's got BBRY shareholders wet
laugh.gif
How real is this "quick sale" of the company?
I had so much hope for BB10 and their rebound, but they screwed themselves.  Had people eating their words about them being dead and released a slew of horrible phones
mean.gif
.  Waiting for them to sell at this point...

Last edited:
China's growth has been severely cut - no surprise since growth was the key measure in most Chinese companies.

just so y'all know i'm a trader not an investor.. get in and out, all cash overnight. i will mention longer term ideas from time to time and will notate the timeframe in the future

KONG up 10% on the day. BBRY trying to hang onto 11, looking for a trend change on 1min to enter

Last edited:
Good looks on the reminder about oil & airline companies. Forgot that they're correlated. I've been playing with Gol airlines for a little bit.

And of course I don't own any shares when they go up 10% today.

I hate myself more every day

Target TGT looks like a bear flag on the daily. I know someone mentioned they were holding. I would sell and move into another stock

just so y'all know i'm a trader not an investor.. get in and out, all cash overnight. i will mention longer term ideas from time to time and will notate the timeframe in the future

KONG up 10% on the day. BBRY trying to hang onto 11, looking for a trend change on 1min to enter

I've been taking note of your suggestions and practically all off them has been spot on the day of or the day after. Keep them coming

I've been taking note of your suggestions and practically all off them has been spot on the day of or the day after. Keep them coming
Wizard blog is pretty insightful. 

GOL with another +10% day :smh:

And of course I don't own any shares when they go up 10% today.

I hate myself more every day
You just need to learn the right strategy for yourself. You'll figure it out long as you stay with it and keep learning.

Yea I'm learning every day. I've been watching a handful of stocks in different sectors just to get a better feel of how the charts move.

Wizard blog is pretty insightful. 

^ thanks I try to keep it simple and focus on 3-4 types of setups I like

Didn't even see the links in the sig. Will check it out

CVX
P
Xom

Drops mic leaves thread

I was waiting for P to drop to $18 on Wednesday....then it goes and does this :smh:

Last edited:
P chart looks solid to me. Over 20 is a long for the gap fill imo. This stock can pick up momentum

So are most of you guys traders then? I'm pretty much just trying to find stocks and hold for at least a year or longer :lol:

Question though, been doing some reading and my portfolio doesn't really have any "blue chip" defensive (not as in the defense sector) stocks so I was thinking of starting a position in something like GIS (general mills)...is that kind of what a defensive stock is? What are some other good options I should look into for that profile?

I don't trade. I hold long usually.

I don't have time to actively trade. I have clients who are traders and some quants so I get to see a wide spectrum of activity.

CVX
P
Xom

Drops mic leaves thread

P chart looks solid to me. Over 20 is a long for the gap fill imo. This stock can pick up momentum

I concur P has good risk reward.

The Big 3 has spoken.

I'm a little weary though because of its history and because I feel like Spotify has taken a big chunk of P's users. I can't remember the last time I've used it since Spotify entered the US. Doesn't help that Apple is getting into the music streaming mix too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom