OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Anyone buy/buying Twitter? its an incredible news source and I think they'll figure out how to capitalize financially soon enough. I want to buy and hold, what do you guys think?

I think the one thing with this social media companies, is that you cannot underestimate how much money they can make when they really try. Look when FB cranked up the mobile advertising. Look at what LinkedIn is doing.

The valuation seems rich to be, but that could change quickly if Twitter ramps up revenue generation.

Got a better job so I think I'm ready to start reading up on investing. What literature do yall recommend? I'm reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad right now but need some other stuff that I can use to get a better idea how to make my money work for me.

It's never a bad time to start, though I tend to prefer index funds over mutual funds due to fees. SPY is a good place to start.

As for investing - I really think you can start at any time, but you may lose money at first if you don't do sufficient research. But, in reality, I think most people can do a nice job picking stocks once you have the right mindset and knowledge. Plus, it's fun being in control of your finances.

I'm not sure what your background is, but as a novice, you should read the following books:

You Can Be a Stock Market Genius - Joel Greenblatt
One Up on Wall Street - Peter Lynch
Snowball: Warren Buffett - Alice Schroeder
The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing: Morningstar's Guide to Building Wealth and Winning in the Market - Pat Dorsey
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits - Phillip Fischer

Then you can graduate to some more technical stuff:

Benjamin Graham
Dhando Investing
Fooling Some of the People All of the Time

It is a large reading list, but investing is super competitive and requires hard work. I've been investing for about 7 years, and I learn new things every day and occasionally make mistakes. I've also worked in the investment field for a few years, but I found these books taught me far more than my employers ever did.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

^I posted that last week, and it has a lot of great reads.

It's never a bad time to start, though I tend to prefer index funds over mutual funds due to fees. SPY is a good place to start.

As for investing - I really think you can start at any time, but you may lose money at first if you don't do sufficient research. But, in reality, I think most people can do a nice job picking stocks once you have the right mindset and knowledge. Plus, it's fun being in control of your finances.

I'm not sure what your background is, but as a novice, you should read the following books:

You Can Be a Stock Market Genius - Joel Greenblatt
One Up on Wall Street - Peter Lynch
Snowball: Warren Buffett - Alice Schroeder
The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing: Morningstar's Guide to Building Wealth and Winning in the Market - Pat Dorsey
Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits - Phillip Fischer

Then you can graduate to some more technical stuff:

Benjamin Graham
Dhando Investing
Fooling Some of the People All of the Time

It is a large reading list, but investing is super competitive and requires hard work. I've been investing for about 7 years, and I learn new things every day and occasionally make mistakes. I've also worked in the investment field for a few years, but I found these books taught me far more than my employers ever did.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

^I posted that last week, and it has a lot of great reads.

Good looks b. I'm definitely a novice and I want to start makin my money work for me but don't want to go in blind. I don't plan on investing for another year or so. Right now I'm just tryna get my knowledge up. Scared money don't make none, but neither does stupid money

Is anyone buying in on SCTY after the drop over the past two days? Also how long is this investigation supposed to last?

JCP looks good this morning.

Shoulda grabbed some Yahoo yesterday. I like that buy back news.

Gonna be watching VJET, SSYS and DDD today. May jump in one of them for a quick trade.

Sold out of ARO this morning for a decent profit. Has another dollar or so in it, but I could use the money to pay off some bills and I want to free up a few more bucks anyway.

Anyone playing any earnings? Considering maybe playing TGT or GPS. Not a fan of gambling on reports, though so I'll probably stay put.

Last edited:
Sold out of ARO this morning for a decent profit. Has another dollar or so in it, but I could use the money to pay off some bills and I want to free up a few more bucks anyway.

Anyone playing any earnings? Considering maybe playing TGT or GPS. Not a fan of gambling on reports, though so I'll probably stay put.

People still buy Aeropostale? :lol:

Won't play earnings cause I'm 0 for 348232348, but I'm feeling like a short for ANF. I said the same for JCP but they're up 8%

i know :lol: but the ARO play was on speculation that it would go private. some hedge fund invested 6% today so that was good enough for me.

been day trading VJET past few minutes since it keeps fluctuating between 46 and 47.

you put any stock in that report, wiz? he makes some decent points. dude killed 3d systems earlier in the year as well.

Last edited:
Gold & gold miners taking a beating. Gonna look into going for a short-term long on miners end of week

you put any stock in that report, wiz? he makes some decent points. dude killed 3d systems earlier in the year as well.

Citron Research usually on point. I agree he does make solid points. It's crazy the only revenue reported was for purchases they provided loans for. No cash was received according to the report. Sounds shady business to me

"we don’t ordinarily make loans to allow customers to buy our printers, except when its 100% of our systems revenue in our first reported quarter as a public company."

Citron tweet on TSLA. Line up the date with the daily chart. Basically called the top
Citron Research ‏@CitronResearch 25 Sep
Are Tesla shareholders making the same mistake that short sellers did one year ago?

Interesting. Those graphics really make him look shady, though. It's like dude typed everything up on Word 97 off his mom's Gateway.

I know VJET did some business with Ford and Ashton Martin (built 3 cars for Skyfall, the new Bond flick). I guess they loaned the equipment to display its capabilities?

Last edited:
I remember Citron Research killed ISRG also.

I'm not sure if the business with Ford and Aston Martin was for this quarter reported on the call..

Found this "voxeljet enjoyed some notoriety in 2012 for fabricating stunt-double Aston Martin cars used in the James Bond action flick Skyfall"

Only bit I found about a Ford deal was from an IPO write up "Approximately 53% of sales to date have been outside of Germany and major customers include Ford Motor Company, The 3M Company, Daimler AG, BMW, and Hyundai."

Yah that was basically all I could find as well. VJET seems a little odd. Wonder if it continues to get hammered today. Was down to 34.70 in the premarket.

Dollar Tree and Target both down. Glad I didn't play earnings.

Last edited:
Started a new FNMA position at 2.605. My plan is to accumulate shares and risk based on 2.45-2.50 area. I want to keep my buys as close to my risk as possible. I like the higher consolidation level

i missed it for the most part as well. wound up just tradingVJET quickly for some crumbs. might get back in for another quick trade, might look for opportunity elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom