OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Got this book, supposedly one of Livermore's favorites, Speculation as a Fine Art by Dickson G Watts. Short and sweet. Cheap too. Definitely recommend

Googled it and this was the second link :lol: http://trendfollowing.com/whitepaper/Dickson_G_Watts-Speculation_as_a_Fine_Art-EN.pdf

Review I saw on Amazon:

I had to add this book to my library due to it being mentioned by the cloaked "Jesse Livermore" in reminiscences of a stock operator. I am a successful trader and read all things related to Jesse Livermore. This book only consisted of 43 pages and a nice card board cover. It contains seven pages of stock trading advice, yes 7, that is it. The remaining pages have some proverbs about life, which if you are mature in years you will probably find light reading. One of the proverbs is "If speculation keeps you up at night, sell down to the sleeping point". which is excellent common sense advice. The stock trading tips are:
1. Never over trade
2. Never reverse a position and go the other way.
3. Run Quickly or not at all.
4. Reduce your position when doubtful.
5. It is better to average up than down in a position (I completely agree)
6. Do not ignore public opinion.
7. Sell in weak markets.
8. Always factor in chance in your trading.

This is probably one of the first books ever written on speculating so it may have been why it was mentioned, their were no others. I would say skip this one and buy any of these to really learn in detail about speculating:

"How I made $2,000,000 in the stock market" Darvas
"How to trade in stocks" Livermore
"How to make money in stocks" O'Neal

based mod based mod the review is true but for 4 bucks it is money well spent. The book is going to stay on my desk for the time being as a reminder of the rules. The life section offers some gems

Can you show me the math for that?

Notice it was 10 cent ish on Monday. Then popped to $11-12 the following day.

Last edited:
FIO to the moooooooon :smokin

Is the honeymoon for LIVE over?

Just saw FNMA hit 5 :wow:

Last edited:
That coupon bubble :pimp:

FSLR, man, this is why I'm taking a few days off from the market :lol:

I gotta look into GWPH more. That might be the one "weed" stock I play. Their cannibinoid drug Sativex could take marketshare away from painkillers. If it gets approval of course.

I've been watching HIMX for about 2 months....I'm getting into it tomorrow. 

Micron Technology (MU) chart looking great but it's swings aren't too huge. 

Last edited:

He blocked me on twitter for saying he was pumping it. He always does the same thing.. low float stock with potential catalyst then promotes it to his audience. It's not rocket science. I just hope he doesn't hold it too long this time :wink:

CARA is a competitor to GWPH johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm

based mod based mod I didn't sell my FNMA yet, got 3.12 average. First buy was 3.01 then 3.30. Missed my exit at 5 today. It looks like a topping candle. We will see what tomorrow brings

^ Nice. I should've known better and dipped my toes in the 3.20s when I had the chance. Knowing me, I would've been able to hold through today and get shaken out once it dropped below yesterday's close.

Good luck to DDD holders tomorrow morning

I've been watching HIMX for about 2 months....I'm getting into it tomorrow. 

Micron Technology (MU) chart looking great but it's swings aren't too huge. 

Indeed.

Capture-90-36.png

Great call on S btw

Last edited:
Yea CARA caught me if guard, been watching it deciding whether or not I should get in on it but that spike has to come down

I'm obviously investing in the wrong things cause the indexes are ripping and all but 1 of my holdings is red :lol:

Last edited:
I'm obviously investing in the wrong things cause the indexes are ripping and all but 1 of my holdings is red :lol:

What sectors are you in and what's your strategy?

2014 been all green for me, definitely made up for the end of last year :smh:

Back
Top Bottom