Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

i need to figure these states taxes out. og from texas and moved to pa last year in nov. So i had to pay $30 to file my taxes to pa where i didnt owe or get anything back. I moved to va this year so i gotta figure this out.

1 should be good. 2 is too much of a free loan.

It's actually the opposite. The more allowances (exemptions), the less they take out of your weekly pay check.

You don't want to over do it, though, because then you might owe at the end of the year (depending on your income).

You have it backwards.

The more you withhold the bigger your paycheck is, the less of a loan you give the gov.t.

The less you withhold the more you give to the gov't and the smaller your check is.

Which is why people that want big refunds choose 0 for their withholding allowance, and people that want more money in their checks and to not give the gov.t a free loan choose a higher number withholding allowance.

You have it backwards.

The more you withhold the bigger your paycheck is, the less of a loan you give the gov.t.
The less you withhold the more you give to the gov't and the smaller your check is.

Which is why people that want big refunds choose 0 for their withholding allowance, and people that want more money in their checks and to not give the gov.t a free loan choose a higher number withholding allowance.

Your late someone already corrected me.

None. I recently signed up for it in October. It goes into effect the fist day of January.
Yeah prepared to be penalized for every month you weren't covered. Been there done that. Such a ridiculous concept. Thank Obamacare for that one.

Yeah prepared to be penalized for every month you weren't covered. Been there done that. Such a ridiculous concept. Thank Obamacare for that one.
Is the max insurance penalty 325? Or can it be higher? I was insured for 5 months, I'm expecting to pay $325 hopefully nothing more. I hate this new medical insurance policy. Obamacare 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Turbo tax is 100% free, stop paying these companies to file your taxes. Unless you are using a CPA, or need help of course.
Not 100% true they charge to file you state taxes. ive seen times they will do state taxes free but its not free all the time like 1040ez

Is the max insurance penalty 325? Or can it be higher? I was insured for 5 months, I'm expecting to pay $325 hopefully nothing more. I hate this new medical insurance policy. Obamacare :smh:  

https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/
Wow. SMH...hope this goes away once Obama is out of office. I understand wanting everyone to have medical insurance but why force those that don't want it? Pay or else huh, smh...

U gotta battle ur wife just to claim ur daughter :smh:
Why not file jointly
Or why would she trip off I claiming her

I say battle because she wants to claim her to get the payout. If we file joint they may snatch the entire return.

Is the max insurance penalty 325? Or can it be higher? I was insured for 5 months, I'm expecting to pay $325 hopefully nothing more. I hate this new medical insurance policy. Obamacare :smh:  

https://www.healthcare.gov/fees/fee-for-not-being-covered/
Wow. SMH...hope this goes away once Obama is out of office. I understand wanting everyone to have medical insurance but why force those that don't want it? Pay or else huh, smh...

I remember people saying Obama voters are in for a rude awakening once they realize they will be penalize for not carrying insurance. I was all for universal healthcare if they made everyone join one system.

thats prolly another way the program is funded. those who dont got it paying for others to have it. :lol: Mrcuh gon mricuh

The worst part is that the money is going towards paying for the bills of undocumented immigrants. Merica
laugh.gif

Penalties are incentives to deter from certain actions, in this case it's to go without insurance. It's harsh I agree, but it's a necessary evil. The system is far from perfect and until we move into a universal healthcare system it'll continue to be so. But I do feel that that system was at least a positive step into the right direction.

Last edited:
false

The worst part is that the money is going towards paying for the bills of undocumented immigrants. Merica :lol:

yet you were paying the bills of undocumented folks anyway. yall got things a bit backwards.

Folks are upset that folks who don't have insurance were juggin the system an not having to pay, now folks are being held slightly more responsible.

you cant have it both ways.

For you guys talking about owing/setting up installment plans, contact the IRS directly. if you dont owe a crazy amount (50k+) theyll basically take whatever you can pay them monthly.

What's the reasoning behind not having health insurance? Is it too expensive?

You're rich and if need to see the doctor, you pay the office bill out of your bank account. At certain places, Doctors charge less for office visits to patients without insurance. Plus when you consider the insurance Co-Pay amount, it could sometimes be cheaper to just say you don't have insurance. Also why pay for insurance for an entire year when you only go to the Dr once a year if that?

Some religious people don't believe in Western medicine and rather sought prayer/meditation/natural resources to treat their illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom