Official: The Dictator starring Sacha Baron Cohen May 16th(Today)

Not sure if there's a thread but delete if so.
the-dictator-poster-2.jpg

Anyone going to see this?

From the previews it looks like a movie portraying arabs in a negative stereotypical light, but it does look pretty funny. 

Might catch it tonight.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

It looks really bad from what ive seen so far....
The initial trailer looked amazing, the following commercials seem bad, but I'm going to support anyway
I've been a fan since Ali G was a UK show

Just copped 12 tixx,
Spoiler [+]
so I can have a row to myself

f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Saw it last night. As a huge fan of Ali G I give this flick a 7/10. Definitely some hilarious parts. There were some cornballs in the theatre that were in tears, I think it was their first R rated comedy. Overall its worth seeing but not on the same level as Borat IMO.

Originally Posted by natch johnson

Saw it last night. As a huge fan of Ali G I give this flick a 7/10. Definitely some hilarious parts. There were some cornballs in the theatre that were in tears, I think it was their first R rated comedy. Overall its worth seeing but not on the same level as Borat IMO.

Did you see 21 jump street?  If so, was it better or just as funny?  Two different types of comedies but still.

May go and see it for the simple reason that a dingy theater that serves booze is carrying the film

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

It looks really bad from what ive seen so far....
The initial trailer looked amazing, the following commercials seem bad, but I'm going to support anyway
I've been a fan since Ali G was a UK show

Just copped 12 tixx,
Spoiler [+]
so I can have a row to myself

f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

this

i might try and catch it this weekend

I wish he would just make another Ali G movie.  I liked the first one.
I'm wondering if he stays in character the whole time during production.  That would probably annoy the cast members really fast.  When he stays in character for the promotion of the movie, it's funny and awkward at the same time.  The hot women in military uniforms and guns he has with him are nice though 
smokin.gif

The facts are so - if you're going to be offended by racial, sexual, and political humor, Sacha Baron Cohen is not for you.

But he is a master of his craft.

The Dictator is hilarious from start to finish with a brilliant script, and while Anna Faris and Ben Kingsley were useless, Jason Mantzoukas was great.

Read my full (spoiler free) Review of The Dictator - fearlessly and offensively standing side-by-side with Borat - http://bit.ly/Klq8da

I've heard nothing but good things. Borat is still one of my fave comedies so you know I'll be supporting this.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

++%! had me dying
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

comedy of the year.

The helicopter scene.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But yeah, if youre easily offended, dont watch.
laugh.gif
There were some jokes in there that I thought were completely wild. As in, I almost thought you arent legally allowed to make jokes like that.
laugh.gif

Even got a good score on Rotten Tomato.
pimp.gif

The commercials did make it look really iffy, but it's gotten good reviews. Probably wait for it to hit the discount theater.

Plot was kinda garbage. but for 7 bucks I enjoyed it.

When dude was crying and they showed the eagle flying, and the dolphins swimming followed up by the blake griffin jumping over the car dunk
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

When dude was crying and they showed the eagle flying, and the dolphins swimming followed up by the blake griffin jumping over the car dunk
roll.gif

where do you go that movies are only 7 bucks?

anyways this is a late night redbox pickup

roll.gif
this exactly. plot sucked but the jokes were so on point.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif

where do you go that movies are only 7 bucks?

anyways this is a late night redbox pickup
student discount, nice theater too not them crappy screens
pimp.gif

Saw it yesterday. The plot was lame and I found myself waiting too long for the jokes to come, but when they did hit they were absolutely hilarious [helicopter, "A Moment Like This", the childbirth scene]

Spoiler [+]
"Munich" for the Wii
sick.gif
 I wasn't personally offended, but damn, he went there...

Still not nearly as good as Borat, which I remember crying/being in pain from the laughter

It's just another brainless Arab minstrel show from Cohen.
“Never accept images that have been created for you by someone else. It is always better to form the habit of learning how to see things for yourself: then you are in a better position to judge for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom