Official 'The Hundreds SF' Post

Heres my two cents... Mr. Bobby Hundreds - I personally want to say good job on what I've seen in the past couple of years. Although I personally don'town any of your products, I do have to agree with most that your blog is probably one of the best reads I've seen in awhile. I do check it on the regularnot for clothing, but for just overall knowledge of whats going on in the world nowadays? I think you guys coming to SF is a good thing to connect to consumersout here who want your product but can't have access to your shop on Fairfax. I wish you guys nothing but good luck! I'll stop by and check it out.

My personal opinion on brands - It shouldn't matter about who wears what. Clothing is clothing, your gonna wear it no matter what. Brand name or not, yourgonna end up paying for it. It just happens that the hundreds came from LA, people are gonna buy their clothing regardless people like it or not. If any otherSF brand was NOT from SF, people would rock it anyways just to say "they went to the shop" or some bs reason, its all the same thing, just adifferent location.

Fong No worries dude. Like i said earlier, criticism and hate are all appreciated. I just found that remark interesting because Fame and Fortune are the lastthings i'd equate ourselves with. Just bustin' your balls.
I've seen some of your designs and you got a good eye.
To the 2 above me, thanks. Much respect.

Good to see you actually addressing people's opinions and concerns, Bobby. That's what I really respect about you and TH in general... althoughI've never met any of the crew, I get the impression that you guys are some of the most open, nice, and downright genuine people in streetwear today. Forme personally, it's been really interesting to get a glimpse into how things work in the industry and just how collaborative the culture is, things thatyou guys not only seem to embrace but also feel so free to share with those not directly involved as well. That openness is the one thing that stands out in mymind when I think about TH, so please keep it up.

As far as the whole turf war-esque issue goes... I really just don't understand it. Maybe it's because I'm a transplant from the East Coast, so Idon't feel so territorial about SF (or anti-LA for that matter), but I honestly believe that it should be more about keeping an open mind and embracingthings that people bring in from different places as opposed to pigeonholing yourself into one way of thinking. I mean, what's wrong with drawinginfluences from all over? That's probably way too deep to be talking about streetwear, but it's all good hahaha...

I'll definitely be dropping by on Thursday.

I'm a fan of the blog and Starter-looking hats. TH opening shop in SF is actually a good thing. Competition is a good thing. Diversity is a good thing.Fashion transcends borders and cultural differences. Otherwise, my people would still be wearing loin and bark cloths.

Although I am not a fan of camping out and long lines for crazy releases, THSF definitely gets my support.

Too bad I'm not in SF anymore.

i'm excited about the shop for two reasons.

- no more shipping charges.

- first jumps on perhaps...the "post collection?"

i once went down to the hundreds store in LA, and i remember the not so friendly staff. (including those at supreme and hall of fame) Hopefully, they leavethat elitist attitude back in LA.

WELCOME TO THE BAY!

go ghost ride a trolley.

laugh.gif
ghostridin a trolley

damn ill be down at the la store next week,
anyways best of luck to you guys opening up here!

One of the worst characteristics of a designer.......we love (and I hate to even address myself as one cause in all reality, I am not) talking mess about otherpeople's work, whether constructive or not. I mean this is me.....if you can offer an opinion, that is all hunky dory, but geez, show me what you can do! Imean as much as I would like to take Mr Hundo's compliment to heart, I've totally lost my whole design appeal and I am in no way a good or even adecent designer right now (I help sell insurance.....geez). I had one cool looking design in my short lived career but it was more of an art appeal then designaesthetic. People ask what it represents and I am all "???" majority of the time. I was having tons of beer at the time and I just thought it lookedcool in the long run. But this is just an interesting topic in general. I mean the idea that there is a post that is talking about the pros and cons of THcoming to the Bay is a sign that something is either going really right...or really wrong but right. Success will always bring a weird insight to people. Myissue is just oversaturation. I am a true hermit crab of some sorts with brands. I can't get with the masses unless I have a tremendous respect forthem....ie Stussy...um.....Stussy, maybe Lakai? Oh, shouts out to WellBred for probably one of my favorite tees to this day. When brands areunderground/street, there is something ill about owning something that no one has...the limited game or whatever......but once they are over exposed forwhatever reason, I move on to the next brand. I never was a big Hundreds owner but when I saw that "Hip-Hop is Dead" tee with Big L, Punisher, Pac,Biggie, Jay....I knew they were on some ill stuff. And to think, it took that one shirt to get me into the website, that turned into a blog, that is now one ofthe leading streetwear brands out there. So many things in general can be brought up about the "industry". Quality designs, designs for fashion,brand loyalty, the people behind the scenes, distribution, publicity, etc. It is a tough biz and I would think you need a little bit of everything to besuccessful. But if you are doing it, then that is all that has to be said rather then trying to explain it to people...and the Hundreds are pretty much doingit.

The Hundreds SF is gonna be crazy. i can only imagine the line-ups though. thatll be the wack part.

i do have to say, though, that im juiced to see some bay area themes in the designs because i really do dig a lot of TheHundreds designs. i appreciate how theyactually do most of their own lettering and art rather than a simple photoshopped creation of a pic found on google images.

with all that said, congrats bobby.

check the blog in the sig!!!!

^dont know what yur talking bout? i aint that computer savy so let me know what u mean! there was a thread bout this a couple of months ago then got hijackedbout people wanting to know about supreme.

Store looks really good from the pics that are available through the website. The Rosewood shop is very nicely designed as well, so Im sure this store willlook just as good or better. As far as the Hundreds brand, they have gone a very long way. I like how TH direction is focused toward their "publiclabel" and cut n sew program rather than just tees/hoodies in recent seasons. Personally, when I feel people say TH feel off, etc, etc. They are mainlyjust talking about their tees and zipup hoodies. In the "streetwear market" everyone makes tees & hoodies, but I think expansion of a brand iswhat makes your brand stay. Offering more & different pieces for a broader audience is what I feel will help establish the brand, with a great example isSupreme & Stussy. Now, Im not comparing Stussy or Supreme to TH, and I'm not sure if Bobby initially planned to have a complete collection(more thanjust tees/hoodies/caps) as a brand from the jump, but thats what it seems like. Im sure TH will do good in San Fran, congrats on all the success. Its been realinteresting to see TH grow, and I will definitely peep the location when its open.

So where is TH gonna be? On sutter but is it near huf? I wanna check it out after school an Thursday and see wsup.

Back
Top Bottom