Official Thread : Cut your own hair!

Originally Posted by M4rioL

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

51ilgf2fjdL._AA300_.jpg

Does the job for me, been more than a year now.
exact ones I have
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dosky323

I been fading my hair for ten years now....this is my set up

Andis 63965 Ceramic Bgrc Professional Detachable Blade Clipper

Oster Fast Feed Clipper & T-finish Trimmer Combo

Wahl Balding Clipper
Noticed this set up....
I have an Oster 76 and it seems to be great for all over the head cut......

Noticed the Fast Feed Clipper and T finish Trimmer...... QUESTION: Is the Fast Feed Clipper any different from the Oster 76? Is it better to have a smaller hair clipper for the fade?

Im confused why you have a Detachable blade clipper then use the Fast Feed Clipper..... Would anyone suggest a complementory clipper for the Oster 76... like something for detailing or something?

price is not an issue for my tools

hows fast feed clipper for tapering and fading? im planning to either get that or andis improved

Originally Posted by freshKRN

hows fast feed clipper for tapering and fading? im planning to either get that or andis improved

Seems the fast feed is good enough for tape/fade.... Its a step below the Oster 76 which is a nice machine.
from what Ive read so far it seems like the fast feed is a bit smaller than the Oster 76 or Andis 63965. Im thinking of getting the Fast Feed for this reason, I get tired of the OSter 76 sometimes because its on the heavy side because of its power.

The Fast Feed would be ideal for tapes and fades because of the possibility of managing the machine better with your hand and the lever on the side which gives you lengths in between clips. Can someone tell me if my assumption is right?

I feel I need something more than the Oster 76.... the Fast Feed might be it but Im not sure yet 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dosky323

I been fading my hair for ten years now....this is my set up

Andis 63965 Ceramic Bgrc Professional Detachable Blade Clipper

Oster Fast Feed Clipper & T-finish Trimmer Combo

Wahl Balding Clipper

If you want to see how good I am let me know I'll up some pics.

how good are these and is it worth it? what makes ceramic better?

I decided to get fast feed clipper with 10 Universal Comb set and T-Outliner. Total was about $130 Total. I hope i made the right choice =/

i wanna cut my own hair but but i don't know where to start or what clippers to begin with. Anybody has any websites for home haircuts? I only get a dark(probably #2) cesar

^ For beginners, YouTube has a couple of solid videos on cutting your own hair. For the most part, it just boils down on improvement, because it's not something you'll automatically perfect. As far as for equipment, there's no other trimmer I'd recommend more that the andis t-outliner. For clippers though, I'm currently looking to purchase a different one, and haven't decided which one to go with.

what are the difference between trimmers and clippers? I thought if you bought one the other comes with it? idk im lost

I own an andis master and andis t-outliner and would go with these. Had both for about 2 years now and they still work perfectly, haven't used the andis master in a few months though because I'm growing my hair out
ohwell.gif
I hear wahl is also a great brand however I have never owned anything by them.

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by remix

also for fades, just make the line and blend it in, u just gotta try it and ull get better at it

is there a special mirror or technique for the back of your head? i am a complete scrub at this
what i do is turn my back to a bigger mirror and use a hand one to see the back of my head if that makes sense....you just need to dive into it and try it, repetition makes you better.

Lil mirror   ---------me
eek.gif
------------------------BIg mirror/ reflection of back

Also i own andis improved masters and love them

Hopefully will get T-outliners soon

Originally Posted by BlackChiney06

Alot of you are mistaken if you think Wahl makes inferior clippers. Yes, they make cheaper quality "home haircutting kits" with garbage clippers but the Wahl Seniors are my favorite clippers I own. 
This. I've been using wahls for a few years now with no complaints. I just fade my hair with the right and left ear guards

YO,
well i just cut my first haircut it came out good UNTIL i tried to do taper and #@%##@ up hahaha, tomorrow im just gunna do a fade over it heh

Originally Posted by kickstart

Originally Posted by M4rioL

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

51ilgf2fjdL._AA300_.jpg

Does the job for me, been more than a year now.
exact ones I have
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
So would you recommend this kit for a white dude just looking to shave the whole head one length and then shape up a bit? My hair is really not that thick and I'm looking for a practical set.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

what are the difference between trimmers and clippers? I thought if you bought one the other comes with it? idk im lost

What is the difference between a clipper and a trimmer?

A clipper is intended for heavy duty haircutting, but does not cut extremely close, whereas the blade on a trimmer does cut close and is used to trim the back of the neck, around the ears, around sideburns, etc
SearchLine.gif

Ok i just did a fade over and went too high i look like a us marine smh lol

how will i get better? smh...

i usually do number 4 and i taper it with 1 on the sides and back but i cannot get rid of the lines, if i use number 2 to erase the lines theres another line after that ssmh!

its worth the 90 bucks
because they are going to pay for themselves in about four uses
ive been cutting my own hair since 1998

figuring you pay about 20 per cut
i saved mad dough

i have the oster 76
and the andis edgers
don't waste your time with anything else if you want a quality cut
and there are other good clippers out there
wahl has some good joints too

@freshKRN post some pics of how it came out. 
laugh.gif

jk.. you should look at some youtube vids..some are helpful..

Trust me your first time is probably the worst..I've been cutting my own hair for about 5 years now and I've messed up plenty of times. 

Originally Posted by daantimpire

figuring you pay about 20 per cut
i saved mad dough
idk where u from where that's cool, but ill slap my barber asking for that much
$8-12 only

Originally Posted by flores

@freshKRN post some pics of how it came out. 
laugh.gif

jk.. you should look at some youtube vids..some are helpful..

Trust me your first time is probably the worst..I've been cutting my own hair for about 5 years now and I've messed up plenty of times. 

i'll post some pics if u gimme some advises on how to fix em
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom