OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

I've been spending more and more time playing in my black/silver pair this past week. Traction is starting to break in, so I'm pleased.

~~Could you do a return? I know they have been worn, but perhaps you can get the price difference back. I ordered my black/grey ones two days ago, coming tomorrow and see I can get them for about $10 cheaper on FTL. Definitely processing that return to my Nike store as soon as they get delivered tomorrow and just submitted my order to FTL.
I suppose it's possible.  But I've put some pretty solid work into them to begin the break-in.

~~Could you do a return? I know they have been worn, but perhaps you can get the price difference back. I ordered my black/grey ones two days ago, coming tomorrow and see I can get them for about $10 cheaper on FTL. Definitely processing that return to my Nike store as soon as they get delivered tomorrow and just submitted my order to FTL.
I suppose it's possible.  But I've put some pretty solid work into them to begin the break-in.
Why dont you just buy the same color+sz  and return the new pair using your old receipt?

would you mind commenting on how these hold up for guard-style play, and traction indoors?

and for 85$ after the birthday coupon makes theses real hard to not pull the trigger

Last edited:

Why dont you just buy the same color+sz  and return the new pair using your old receipt?
I was going to say the same, but be careful that wherever you go doesn't look at the numbers on the kicks compared to the box. I think its like the ID numbers for each shoe so Nike can match up their 2 year warranty. Definitely worth a shot tho. I worked for Best Buy during undergrad and grad school and learned all the retail tricks... still do stuff like that on a bunch of products lol! Have yet to try it on kicks tho. Wouldn't hurt as well to attempt to reach out and ask for a price difference based on a price match with a competitor. Worked for me sometimes as well.

Forgot to mention, got my pair in today. Just tried them on casually and man... they fit as NW said: truly like a glove. A bit of a pain to get them on, but definitely not terrible. Once they are on tho, they are so comfortable. I got TTS for the kicks and they feel great. Cant wait until I get a chance to play in them.

would you mind commenting on how these hold up for guard-style play, and traction indoors?

and for 85$ after the birthday coupon makes theses real hard to not pull the trigger
Not at all.  You can also check a couple pages back or so, I've made a couple different posts about my experience with them.

It's a great guard shoe in my opinion. I haven't had any major issues with traction indoors.  It isn't the kind of traction that makes a shoe great though (if that makes sense), you won't get that same grab that you get in say the Kobe 8, cp3.vi and vii, jordan xx8, to name a few.  You'll have to wipe these a bit more often.

The fit is very narrow and snug, but I think this gives it a great feel and provides no distractions while playing.  The collar height and flexibility of the fuse gives you great freedom as a guard. But I will say, there are outsole/cushioning setups that give you a little more added spring.  These Crusaders don't hinder you any, but there are some great shoes that give a little extra responsiveness.   

The most important thing for me with this shoe was the difference between my true size and a half down.   They were already pretty snug with my true size but they felt too long, the flex points weren't quite right and I didn't quite feel like my heel was secure enough.  Half down is nearly perfect for me.  Especially after a little break-in time.  Again, this is just how they fit for me.  I know many stayed TTS.

Forgot to mention, got my pair in today. Just tried them on casually and man... they fit as NW said: truly like a glove. A bit of a pain to get them on, but definitely not terrible. Once they are on tho, they are so comfortable. I got TTS for the kicks and they feel great. Cant wait until I get a chance to play in them.
Good to hear you're liking them so far.  Know you've been looking forward to trying these for a while!

Good to hear you're liking them so far.  Know you've been looking forward to trying these for a while!
Thanks bro! Yeah, I have been DYING to get them since media day when I saw Harden wearing them. Definitely appreciate you and others responding to my thread and for your reviews. Trying to see if my squad makes the championship game in our league. If so, then I will bust them out for an official debut... It will make them feel more special lol!!! Hope you are enjoying them as well and cant wait to see how they hold up on court and compare with your experience!

Not at all.  You can also check a couple pages back or so, I've made a couple different posts about my experience with them.

It's a great guard shoe in my opinion. I haven't had any major issues with traction indoors.  It isn't the kind of traction that makes a shoe great though (if that makes sense), you won't get that same grab that you get in say the Kobe 8, cp3.vi and vii, jordan xx8, to name a few.  You'll have to wipe these a bit more often.

The fit is very narrow and snug, but I think this gives it a great feel and provides no distractions while playing.  The collar height and flexibility of the fuse gives you great freedom as a guard. But I will say, there are outsole/cushioning setups that give you a little more added spring.  These Crusaders don't hinder you any, but there are some great shoes that give a little extra responsiveness.   

The most important thing for me with this shoe was the difference between my true size and a half down.   They were already pretty snug with my true size but they felt too long, the flex points weren't quite right and I didn't quite feel like my heel was secure enough.  Half down is nearly perfect for me.  Especially after a little break-in time.  Again, this is just how they fit for me.  I know many stayed TTS.
thanks for the feeback fam.  i'm actually gonna use these to play volleyball in.  my foot tends to swing wider, so i ordered a half size bigger and i figure if i want to wear the active ankle wraps (for the life of me i can't remember their actual name), i'll be good to go.  i'll report back here once i get them.

I was going to say the same, but be careful that wherever you go doesn't look at the numbers on the kicks compared to the box. I think its like the ID numbers for each shoe so Nike can match up their 2 year warranty. Definitely worth a shot tho. I worked for Best Buy during undergrad and grad school and learned all the retail tricks... still do stuff like that on a bunch of products lol! Have yet to try it on kicks tho. Wouldn't hurt as well to attempt to reach out and ask for a price difference based on a price match with a competitor. Worked for me sometimes as well.
Nah they dont check any of that. They just make sure the shoes are DS, and if you have receipt..no questions asked. I use to return stuff all the time lol

Oh man you just confirmed one more way to commit a "retail crime"... Fresh Green Glow Hyperdunks coming soon to me now... lol!!!

anybody know a general release timeline for the "james harden rockets" red colorway?
happy.gif

got mine in today, but i didn't have a chance to play in them.  i'm really glad i went a half size up because 12.5 fits (and is the same length) as a regular size 12.  that inner bootie is heavenly once put on. can't wait to play in them.

Really can't even describe 1. How glad I am to FINALLY get the kicks in my hand and for it to be released and 2. How well these fit. They really do fit extremely well once on. I have only tried them on and have to use them on court, but for anyone who may be on the fence about trying a pair, I would say for the fit alone, it's not a bad try at all. Especially using the FTL coupon. Less than $100 for these is a great deal.

How are these as a legit performance basketball shoe in comparison to the Kobe 8's?

these are up on FTL, was gonna pass but tempted with discount and giftcard to get em

wish the red pair was up

Back
Top Bottom