Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

It will include the missing episodes now .....so the entire series is officially on DVD now
[h1]Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Will 'Season 10' DVDs Have the 2 Missing Fifth Season Episodes? Studio Says...[/h1]
[h2]YES! "Season 10: The Complete Final Season' WILL contain 'Once Upon a Time Machine' and 'Planet of the Turtleoids'![/h2]Posted by David Lambert
blackpixel.gif
5/24/2012 
blackpixel.gif

On Monday of this week, Lionsgate Entertainment announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Season 10: The Complete Final Season is coming to DVD soon, bringing to a close the home video releases of the original 1987 series. Except that we quickly got feedback from our readers that this title would NOT REALLY close the books on the show, because two episodes from the fifth season had been missing off of that DVD release, and were never provided on any other season set to make up the loss. Fans worried that this would be the last opportunity for Lionsgate to provide those episodes: "Once Upon a Time Machine" and the double-length "Planet of the Turtleoids" special (which was re-run for broadcast in two parts).

We, of course, had notified the studio about this omission in the past, and followed up on it since then...especially following the recent announcement of this final DVD season set! We got our answer today, in the form of a retailer contact informing us that Lionsgate's information to sellers about this title was updated to say that the extras no "Also Includes 2 bonus episodes never before released on DVD!" And if that wasn't enough to convince us, we're grateful to a reader named "Aaron," who forwarded us this letter from the studio he got in response to his own inquiry:
  • Dear Valued Customer,

Hello Aaron,
    Thank you for your patience. We have confirmed that the bonus episodes, Once Upon A Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids will be included in the Season 10 release of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
    LionsGate Shop Customer Service
All's well that ends well, then!
TMNT80s_S10.jpg

Taken from:http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16989#ixzz1vpyqonJY

laugh.gif
grin.gif
 Paramount keeps trolling...they messed up with the release of GI Joe movie and now they pushed the release to 2014 for the ninja turtles movie 
NINJA TURTLES PUSHED BACK TO MAY 2014

Another week, and another Paramount movie in trouble. First there was G.I. Joe 2‘s plot problems leading to reshoots and a release date delay. Then there was World War Z‘s problematic production and required reshoots and third act revision. Now it’s the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles reboot. Paramount says it has pushed back the pic’s start date by 10 weeks in order to cut the budget $10M to $20M down to $125M. That means the release date also will push back: from Christmas 2013 to May 16, 2014. Initially, Paramount hired the Iron Man writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to revamp Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fast-tracked live action feature film to be released in summer 2012. At the time, the studio was looking at this as its next huge franchise like Transformers. Then the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action-CGI combo’s release date was pushed to Christmas 2013. Now Paramount tells me it’s pushed again to May 16th, 2014 — presuming that the studio’s cost target is achieved.

^those ain't even the true OG ones.

I got all 4 when they "retro'd" a ton of the old ones. Missed out on shredder, april, splinter, foot clan dude tho.

I still haven't opened em lol

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif
grin.gif
 Paramount keeps trolling...they messed up with the release of GI Joe movie and now they pushed the release to 2014 for the ninja turtles movie 
NINJA TURTLES PUSHED BACK TO MAY 2014

Another week, and another Paramount movie in trouble. First there was G.I. Joe 2‘s plot problems leading to reshoots and a release date delay. Then there was World War Z‘s problematic production and required reshoots and third act revision. Now it’s the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles reboot. Paramount says it has pushed back the pic’s start date by 10 weeks in order to cut the budget $10M to $20M down to $125M. That means the release date also will push back: from Christmas 2013 to May 16, 2014. Initially, Paramount hired the Iron Man writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to revamp Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fast-tracked live action feature film to be released in summer 2012. At the time, the studio was looking at this as its next huge franchise like Transformers. Then the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action-CGI combo’s release date was pushed to Christmas 2013. Now Paramount tells me it’s pushed again to May 16th, 2014 — presuming that the studio’s cost target is achieved.
Good. Hopefully it never comes out.

Interesting

Eastman Praises Bay's Ninja Turtles
Imagine The Raid with Apes-level VFX.

TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman approves of the direction that producer Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles movie is headed.

"From what I've seen, it's easily the best Turtle movie yet," Eastman told MTV. "We're talking Raid: Redemption-style fight scenes; we're talking about epic Rise of the Planet of the Apes sort of effects."

"A lot of people are worried we pushed the release date from December to May, but the 30th anniversary of the 'Turtles' is in May, so it worked out perfectly," he added.

Eastman also said it's still being decided whether these Turtles will be brought to life via motion-capture technology.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/17/eastman-praises-bays-ninja-turtles

classic turtle figures are out...didn't know they were $15 each tho :nerd:

Target, Walmart and Toys R us have them...Amazon actually have them for 20 :smh:

They're already sold out online at Target and Walmart. Probably on the toysrus site too, can't pull them up. Looks like Amazon is my only hope right now. Hopefully they're still available in-store.

One is the director, Jonathan Liebesman, wanted to make sure he could do the effects to the level he wants them at, and the fight scenes to the way they should be. Also, their release date is almost exactly on the 30th [TMNT] anniversary. May 5, 1984 is when the first Turtles comic came out. May 16, 2014, is almost exactly 30 years after. So basically it's an anniversary movie now.

hmm ok

Eastman is busy working closely with Liebesman, Mednick and writers Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec. "Doing sketches, drawings and character designs, bouncing stuff around with the writers, talking with the director and the producers -- I'm actively involved," he said. As with all of the Turtles projects going on right now, he assures fans they have nothing to worry about. "When you see what Ciro's done with the TV series, and obviously what the fans have seen us do with the IDW series, what they're doing with the movie is creating its own story, but it has to be true to the source material or we'll get ****ing murdered. To be blunt."

"I talked to [producer] Scott Mednick yesterday, and he's seen the most recent 50 [script] pages and said it's as good as the last version -- they've really knocked it out of the park," Eastman said. "I've seen a chunk of it, and it's going to be a great movie, despite what everybody thinks." As for the studio pushing back the film's release date to 2014, Eastman states there were good reasons for it. "Essentially they pushed it back for two reasons: One is the director, Jonathan Liebesman, wanted to make sure he could do the effects to the level he wants them at, and the fight scenes to the way they should be. Also, their release date is almost exactly on the 30th [TMNT] anniversary. May 5, 1984 is when the first Turtles comic came out. May 16, 2014, is almost exactly 30 years after. So basically it's an anniversary movie now.

Was wondering when the retro figures would come out and got lucky today. The only 4 at my local TRU :smokin

Can't believe how long we've come in 23 years.

Back
Top Bottom