Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Nice in what sense? The atmosphere and service sucked and they were proud of that.

I mean many choices of kicks, great collabs (zx8000) and few stores across canada... i can't talk about atmosphere or service. I never went to goodfoot. When I moved to canada they were already closed in mtl

Went to Eaton H&M on lunch break, and apparently people have been waiting outside the store before opening to buy the Weeknd's line. They've been restocking and the gear still sells out in the morning. I really hope people are wearing the clothes and are not reselling $30 hoodies...

Additional info for YS Zebra orders for double taxes

The thing I don't understand why you need to call, they should just get all orders shipped to Canada and find all orders that have been pre-charged taxes. :x

I disagree about the atmosphere, it was super laid back with music always blasting through the speakers, employees always having a good time. As for the service, if you wanted a shoe you just had to ask for it, I prefer that over Champs/Footlocker asking you if you need something one step into the store. (very biased outlook as I was going to GDFT from the time it was Matt/Jesar/Skam/Zeb cashing people out from the hole in the wall at the back of the shop).
+1

I personally don't like it when I walk into a big box store and they ask me how I'm doing. I've worked retail before when I was young. I know damn well they don't care lol. It's all about LP (loss prevention) even if the workers don't know it.

I prefer places like Goodfoot, Livestock, Haven, etc because I get to browse at my leisure and if I have a question or need a size, I can ask for it.

Ha agreed. Unless you were "cool" with the people that worked there. I bought a pair of shoes there once..never again. 
Once Livestock came to the city, I was strictly GDFT. No matter how many people I was down with at LS, I stayed loyal to the "G". Still haven't spent a single cent in LS to this day LOL

Lol. My boy got a pair of Atmos AM1 from Goodfoot for $140 back in 2007. They sat for awhile. Nike's hype machine always wins.

Got mine at Goodfoot as well - most of these actually - once again... I miss the ease of the hobby...

I remember seeing them at Goodfoot just hanging around too.

Those AM1's in the front with the purple swoosh are one of my fav AM1's

There was definitely a high demand for them back in 2007. The shipment came months after its initial release so the calls, customers coming in, people asking for them got crazy at one point. The reason why it was an easy drop for buyers was there were a lot of pairs allocated to the store, and of course pairs sat on shelves for a while.

+1

I personally don't like it when I walk into a big box store and they ask me how I'm doing. I've worked retail before when I was young. I know damn well they don't care lol. It's all about LP (loss prevention) even if the workers don't know it.

I prefer places like Goodfoot, Livestock, Haven, etc because I get to browse at my leisure and if I have a question or need a size, I can ask for it.
I worked retail as well when I was in school and I hated when we had to be pushy in order to satisfy the managers. I agree, it's much more relaxing when you have more personal space to shop. However, some retailers just flat out ignore you when you walk in or when you shop around. It's not until you make a purchase do they actually acknowledge you. I mean, I don't expect employees to hold your hand as you shop around the store. But a simple greeting or smile goes a long way IMO. 

I had a plug at goodfoot and livestock back in the day but he's retired now. I could really use him nowadays.

I worked retail as well when I was in school and I hated when we had to be pushy in order to satisfy the managers. I agree, it's much more relaxing when you have more personal space to shop. However, some retailers just flat out ignore you when you walk in or when you shop around. It's not until you make a purchase do they actually acknowledge you. I mean, I don't expect employees to hold your hand as you shop around the store. But a simple greeting or smile goes a long way IMO. 

Agreed. Don't like the pushiness, but a greeting would be nice.
Usually if I'm not greeted within in 1 minute, I've already made my mind up not to buy anything, unless I really find something I need. don't know why lol.

I liked GDFT, I remember the first time stepping into the Richmond Store, felt like a kid in a candy store. I only ever bought 1 pair of shoes there, but if it was open today, I've prob would be buying there.
It was great to see somewhere else you could buy shoes other than athletes world/foot lock and GDFT felt like it was the real sneaker head type of place since you could get more exclusive shoes.

I miss those days walking into GDFT and Adrift for Nike SB's. Wish I bought the pairs I really liked back then. :smh:

before i pull the trigger, is amazon.ca my cheapest place to cop nike sb laces/foamposite laces? It's about $7.5 shipped and second cheapest option I could find was lacelab at $8 usd or $10 cad

Additional info for YS Zebra orders for double taxes

The thing I don't understand why you need to call, they should just get all orders shipped to Canada and find all orders that have been pre-charged taxes.
sick.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if YS cuts off Canada shipping like they did with other countries after all the hassle and complaints 
laugh.gif

+1

Haven is awkward when you get to the basement on a slow day. They always have to have a staff on each floor so there is always a guy standing by the door near the back of the basement (opposite side to the stairway). The basement space is really small and the dude just stands there and does not say anything or even looking at you. Not that he is giving an attitude, likely standing there more for attentive service. I find it mad awkward, like something out of a Family Guy episode. And I am pretty sure there are 2 sets of stairs, one for the staff behind the door and one for customers - so if someone greets you at the entrance and you make your way down to the basement and thought no one came behind you on the stairs, wrong, they have already teleported downstairs.

Haven is awkward when you get to the basement on a slow day. They always have to have a staff on each floor so there is always a guy standing by the door near the back of the basement (opposite side to the stairway). The basement space is really small and the dude just stands there and does not say anything or even looking at you. Not that he is giving an attitude, likely standing there more for attentive service. I find it mad awkward, like something out of a Family Guy episode. And I am pretty sure there are 2 sets of stairs, one for the staff behind the door and one for customers - so if someone greets you at the entrance and you make your way down to the basement and thought no one came behind you on the stairs, wrong, they have already teleported downstairs.

I had no idea you could even go downstairs. I just go for online pickups anyway. The vault was like that too back in the days. You go upstairs and someone follows you up. You're just hoping five other group of shoppers go at the same time.

I had no idea you could even go downstairs. I just go for online pickups anyway. The vault was like that too back in the days. You go upstairs and someone follows you up. You're just hoping five other group of shoppers go at the same time.

The Vault was where SVP is now on queen st? And where was Da Zone?

The Vault was where SVP is now on queen st? And where was Da Zone?
The Vault is across from Vaughan Mills.  They had the titanium XX3's.  Then it got rebranded to SVP after a while.  Da Zone was on Queen and got changed to SVP.  The people from Da Zone ended up going to Stolen Riches.

The Vault is across from Vaughan Mills.  They had the titanium XX3's.  Then it got rebranded to SVP after a while.  Da Zone was on Queen and got changed to SVP.  The people from Da Zone ended up going to Stolen Riches.

Damn how could I forgotten, and I even have a vault fitted that I cop'd at vault!

Anyone having trouble fitting into a pair of PG 1s? I find i cant even get my foot in when I go tts :/ Anyone buy and if so did you go a half size up from your usual size?

Anyone having trouble fitting into a pair of PG 1s? I find i cant even get my foot in when I go tts :/ Anyone buy and if so did you go a half size up from your usual size?

Don't own one but based on what I've been reading, they fit TTS but for narrow feet and wide footer may need to go half size up

Back
Top Bottom