Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

My WC4s are here! Holy crap it actually feels like a proper pair of basketball shoes ROFL!

BTW hope you guys won't disappoint as the outside seems pretty flawless. Had some nasty glue on the inside boot sockliner but I've managed to clean it off after an hour or two.

I just got mine 2 hours ago and have been wearing them lightly around the house. Crease pretty easy

Anybody tried smelling these WC4s?

Noticed that they used stinky glue compared to previous retros?

I thought it was only me but my daughter also noticed that the DS smell is not the same.

I just got mine 2 hours ago and have been wearing them lightly around the house. Crease pretty easy
I havent worn mine yet. But I did unds the 2012's back in the summer. Wore them about 4 times max and the toe box has yet to crease...

I havent worn mine yet. But I did unds the 2012's back in the summer. Wore them about 4 times max and the toe box has yet to crease...
Hmmm I feel like these are a half size bigger too. It's pretty noticeable... Don't know if it's just me.

Mine finally showed up today as well. They really stink like glue. They are in ok shape, one small cut in the leather on one shoe and the air bubble windows have paint on them too. I'll keep them, I don't want the hassle of returning them. The leather is not as nice as I was expecting.  Compared to my OG 1989 Black Cement IV's the leather feels so stiff and fake. 

I Bought the Black Cements back 1989 when I was in Grade 9. They are beat to death, play basketball in them, skateboarded in them and cut the grass in them. They were $150 ($261 in todays dollar) from Footlocker back then, I saved for a while to get them and could never part with them. 

Does anyone have any idea where I could get these? They're the Adidas Superstar Vulc ADVs, like a skateboarding version of the superstars. Already tried Adrift downtown and they're sold out of my size

Quick question, would appreciate any help. I'm selling kicks via PayPal to be shipped to Vancouver. The buyer offered to cover his own shipping by creating a UPS label for me to send out the package. Is this sketchy in any way? Should I stick with my own shipping?
What kind of Paypal payment are you doing? Do gifted and you should be fine. Just to make sure he can't charge you back. Plus he can't blame you if the package never arrives since it's him who provided the shipping label.

But I'm sure there are more experienced sellers here that can chime in
pretty sure u can only ship to paypal adress to be cover by seller protection

pretty sure u can only ship to paypal adress to be cover by seller protection

That's why you ask for gifted money...The buyer is more at risk on getting scammed than the seller. Only do this if you really trust the seller.

As for the UPS label, I'm guessing here why the buyer is proposing sending a UPS label to the seller is that the buyer or someone he knows has a UPS account, usually companies have this, and will cost less to ship.

A personal transaction I remember but not exactly the same is for car parts when a private seller used his company's account to ship items I bought from him so that UPS shipping would be cheaper.

But again, buyer may have a different reason for recommending to give the seller his UPS label to be used to ship to himself.

Mine finally showed up today as well. They really stink like glue. They are in ok shape, one small cut in the leather on one shoe and the air bubble windows have paint on them too. I'll keep them, I don't want the hassle of returning them. The leather is not as nice as I was expecting.  Compared to my OG 1989 Black Cement IV's the leather feels so stiff and fake. 

I Bought the Black Cements back 1989 when I was in Grade 9. They are beat to death, play basketball in them, skateboarded in them and cut the grass in them. They were $150 ($261 in todays dollar) from Footlocker back then, I saved for a while to get them and could never part with them. 
This WC4 smell is nothing, try smelling a new pair of Asics Gel-Kinsei you'll probably have to call 911 afterwards lol! I got lucky no major flaws outside but that glue inside was a pain in the *** to clean and I managed to rid of it. Nike really remastered only BS.

This WC4 is already ALOT softer than the Maroon 6s to the point I'll probably not wear the 6s ever again.

I have Horween Cordovan NB 998s and they crease like a ***** too so no big deal here.

I wore white leather Reeboks (Club C, SXT, AXT Pumps) in elementary school around that time and the leather was already pretty fake but definitely not overly stiff, I never liked the stiffness even then (wore dress shoes to private school overseas it was a nightmare).

I only wore suede / durabuck Nikes (Air Vortex, Air Max 3 - it wasn't called Air Max 90 back then, Air Flight 91, Air Trainer E) during that era and they were definitely way softer than white leather. After the white leather Reeboks I avoided white leather like a plague cuz I found them stiff already lol! These days I'm easy.

Isn't Black Cement 4s suede / durabuck? That's probably why they felt softer.

My last OG basketball shoes were Air Uptempo 3s in suede / durabuck from '97 and they were SOFT!

Last edited:
I noticed SVP Queen didn't get any love during ASW. I'm assuming they lost there Jordan account? Can anyone fill me in...

I noticed SVP Queen didn't get any love during ASW. I'm assuming they lost there Jordan account? Can anyone fill me in...
been a loooong time since theyve lost their account.

Nike had stopped accounts in a couple of shops that used to get GR stuff

I THINK it was because they didnt want to be associated with retailers that have a warehouse or outlet kinda vibe 

I THINK it was because they didnt want to be associated with retailers that have a warehouse or outlet kinda vibe 

Correct.

Isn't Black Cement 4s suede / durabuck? That's probably why they felt softer.

My last OG basketball shoes were Air Uptempo 3s in suede / durabuck from '97 and they were SOFT!
I guess you're right. The abuse they've taken has tuned them into a smoother finish. Either way, It's still a bit disappointing they don't have nicer materials on such an expensive item. If they were't my all time favourite shoe I wouldn't have spent the money on them.  If you're into other brands it makes you appreciate the nicer materials companies like Saucony use. $120 Grid 9000's are incredibly comfortable and there are some great colorways out there. The suede they use on my Kushwackers is like butter. 

I honestly never went to SVP Queen, and only remembered them after driving by on Queen last week.

Last edited:
I bought OG colorway Ventilators a few days ago at SVP Queen just happened to walk by. The last time I went there I bought OG colorway Air Structures so it's been quite a while. I thought it closed down to be honest.

If only I knew Club C was coming back in OG colorway at Livestock dammit!!

A few years back SVP did Jordan releases. Nobody knew at first and they would sit on shelves for a long time there.

Then one Saturday morning I saw peeps with lawn chairs in front of SVP Scarborough queuing up lol!

Last edited:
To give you perspective on SVP Jordan account, if I remember correctly, The Vault (SVP) had the Titanium 23. They were among the 23 worldwide accounts (non-NorthAm) to release them.

That's an amazing privileged group if you look at it.

That's how good their JB account.

EDIT: Just saw the video

Last edited:

I bought OG colorway Ventilators a few days ago at SVP Queen just happened to walk by. The last time I went there I bought OG colorway Air Structures so it's been quite a while. I thought it closed down to be honest.

If only I knew Club C was coming back in OG colorway at Livestock dammit!!

A few years back SVP did Jordan releases. Nobody knew at first and they would sit on shelves for a long time there.

Then one Saturday morning I saw peeps with lawn chairs in front of SVP Scarborough queuing up lol!
SVP was my spot to get Jordan releases. I remember going to the SVP in Pickering like 2-3 weeks after the True Blue III's dropped and they still had a FSR. Even more recently, I remember lining up an hour before opening at the SVP on Queen for the Royal 1s and I was still maybe 10th or 12th in line. Even the Jordan 11 lows sat at the SVP in Scarborough for a week or two.

To give you perspective on SVP Jordan account, if I remember correctly, The Vault (SVP) had the Titanium 23. They were among the 23 worldwide accounts (non-NorthAm) to release them.

That's an amazing privileged group if you look at it.

That's how good their JB account.

EDIT: Just saw the video

Vault also had the bin 13s... Which I passed on

I got my Grape 5s at SVP Yorkgate, I think that was the last release they recieved.

My personal favorite come up was the A Tribe Called Quest 1s from The Vault. Love the group, love the shoes, spent less than $150, tybg

I worked at the yorkgate si vous play (og store) back in the early-mid 90's....in that time frame, there was a reason as to why we could sell Jordan's and nikes for under retail...stock was a mixture of real, un-authorized and even the blatant replicas. People didn't care back then though. Replicas weren't an issue so a lot of people did not know that there was even such a thing as a fake Nike/air Jordan. Some shoes lasted a year, some fell apart after a few weeks but we always took them in and replaced the pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom