Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

It was always bad for us. After the black foamposite pros released around '03, we pretty much didn't get any foams here till recently. We also missed out on stuff like the grape 5s, dmp, etc.

Yup. Canada has always been neglected by Nike. Just look at NDC , it still doesn't ship to Canada. At least they started accepting Canadian CC but still requires US shipping address.

I remember I had to get my DMP from Detroit and for the Grapes, I was in PI when they released and I just walked in to stores and bought 5 pairs easily.

The only Jordan release I remember we were above the US was the retro for the True Blue IIIs since it was an ASIA/EU release only. I think we also got the XIII Alts earlier than the US.

What we had going on before was on Nike SBs, we were getting all good releases but I think it is the opposite afterwards. We missed on good releases and this might have been caused by the loss of Goodfoot. Although it seems it's picking up again.

I do most of my shopping now from US/EU online stores. With free shipping or $10 shipping to the US. Even with exchange rates, it still ends up being cheaper than Canadian SRP + taxes.

Yup. Canada has always been neglected by Nike. Just look at NDC , it still doesn't ship to Canada. At least they started accepting Canadian CC but still requires US shipping address.

I remember I had to get my DMP from Detroit and for the Grapes, I was in PI when they released and I just walked in to stores and bought 5 pairs easily.

The only Jordan release I remember we were above the US was the retro for the True Blue IIIs since it was an ASIA/EU release only. I think we also got the XIII Alts earlier than the US.

What we had going on before was on Nike SBs, we were getting all good releases but I think it is the opposite afterwards. We missed on good releases and this might have been caused by the loss of Goodfoot. Although it seems it's picking up again.

I do most of my shopping now from US/EU online stores. With free shipping or $10 shipping to the US. Even with exchange rates, it still ends up being cheaper than Canadian SRP + taxes.

Yeah, we only got the true blues, but then the us got it two or three years after. We had the alt 13s, but we never got the white Columbia 13s that released at the same time. We also got shafted twice for the melo black Columbia 12s.

I think 12s and 13s were like 230+ 15% tax back then? Lol, and I think I got a pair of blk/red 13s off u from rfd back then

Its tough when we never had a true "Niketown" to call our own. I remember being in the store and an employee corrected me when I called it Niketown. He said they technically weren't considered a niketown, but rather just a Nike store in Toronto. Just thought I'd bring that up because a lot of the shoes that we missed out on that we are talking about all released at Niketowns across the USA.

On the note of the Altitude 13s I believe we got those as an unplanned release. I heard we weren't supposed to get them but Nike Canada somehow got their hands on a couple of size runs after the initial release date if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know how the stock rotation flows from Nike Outlets in different provinces or if it's just randomized, but I was able have someone kind enough to get a pair of Flyknit Chukkas (Grand Purple) CW for me. They were priced at 79.97 and came out to roughly 84 after 5% tax :smile: at the Edmonton Nike Outlet.

They have a FSR but didn't hear of anything else that differed from the outlets in Ontario, I'm totally taking a guess here but maybe they'll ship or do phone orders? I myself haven't asked a outlet for shipping/phone orders so I'm totally oblivious to the process. Just thought I would share.

I'm guessing they may come to Ontario? Only because I remember someone sending me a picture of Edmonton's stock before and the week after Halton Hills was putting up the same stock. I do recall seeing the Grand Purples on the backwall of VMs a few months back, but had limited sizes like 11+.

Last edited:
I don't know how the stock rotation flows from Nike Outlets in different provinces or if it's just randomized, but I was able have someone kind enough to get a pair of Flyknit Chukkas (Grand Purple) CW for me priced at 79.97 and came out to roughly 84 after 5% tax :smile:.

They have a FSR but didn't hear of anything else that differed from the outlets in Ontario, I'm totally taking a guess here but maybe they'll ship or do phone orders? I myself haven't asked a outlet for shipping/phone orders so I'm totally oblivious to the process. Just thought I would share.

When you mean someone let you get them @ that price, did you go to an outlet in Ontario and stock locate them in Alberta? I'm slightly confused

Last edited:
I'm guessing they came from the Edmonton outlet. When you mean someone let you get them @ that price, did you go to an outlet in Ontario and stock locate them in Alberta? I'm slightly confused
My fault I was rushing the post, when you replied I was just about done editing it. You guessed right, they came from the Edmonton outlet (I totally forgot to point that out), they were priced for 79.97 , someone I know is in Edmonton for a bit and sent me a pic so I asked if they could scoop me a pair. 

1 pair of mcrad dunks at the College Park Winners, sz 13, $59

On the topic of TO not having a Niketown, can someone explain to me why all of the Nike stores in Toronto got closed (e.g. Nike Queen, Nike Bloor) or converted (Nike Eatons) into a running store? Without those, we now have no flagship Nike stores; only a Running Store and a bunch of outlets scattered across southern Ontario. It's always been a question of mine why Nike did this.

On the topic of TO not having a Niketown, can someone explain to me why all of the Nike stores in Toronto got closed (e.g. Nike Queen, Nike Bloor) or converted (Nike Eatons) into a running store? Without those, we now have no flagship Nike stores; only a Running Store and a bunch of outlets scattered across southern Ontario. It's always been a question of mine why Nike did this.
I don't think they were doing well, there were so many stores in the GTA and what I remember at the end of every season they had huge 40%-50% sales. The fitness hype wasn't as big as it is right now. So other than Jordans and the basketball shoes, lots of stuff sat in store. Oh and they were owned by another company name Endurance Sport? They weren't the real Nike store...like you couldn't buy stuff there and return it at Nike Bloor. Only Bloor and the outlets were the legit Nike that's owned by Nike Canada. I believe Bloor went down because they didn't renew their lease? probably too expensive for a huge 2 story Nike in the middle of Yorkville.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to all those OG Jordans at Nike Bloor.

I wouldn't mind owning that display :smokin

I don't think they were doing well, there were so many stores in the GTA and what I remember at the end of every season they had huge 40%-50% sales. The fitness hype wasn't as big as it is right now. So other than Jordans and the basketball shoes, lots of stuff sat in store. Oh and they were owned by another company name Endurance Sport? They weren't the real Nike store...like you couldn't buy stuff there and return it at Nike Bloor. Only Bloor and the outlets were the legit Nike that's owned by Nike Canada. I believe Bloor went down because they didn't renew their lease? probably too expensive for a huge 2 story Nike in the middle of Yorkville.
I worked at one of the Endurance Sports locations and my understanding is that Nike Canada didn't like how Endurance was managing the brand, and the head of Endurance didn't want to change things. Endurance then ended up selling their rights to operate as "Nike locations" to another third party, who then worked out with Nike Canada a means of ending that contract and closing all the Endurance locations. Nike Canada then took over the lease at TEC and converted it to the current running store.

This is my understanding of what went down, based on my time there and what I was told by my former co-workers towards the end of Endurance

Heads up, Livestock just got their shipment of Bait Asics Nippon Blues in store. Size 8 and 8.5 are gone. They also have most sizes of the Midnight Blooms if anyone is looking.

Apparently Niagara Collection had the Jordan 5 3lab5 in only sz 8 for $119? That's damn nice. They are gone now I believe but if anyone goes down there today or tomorrow, it's be nice if we get a little update since it seems like they are getting some good stuff recently. 

Apparently Niagara Collection had the Jordan 5 3lab5 in only sz 8 for $119? That's damn nice. They are gone now I believe but if anyone goes down there today or tomorrow, it's be nice if we get a little update since it seems like they are getting some good stuff recently. 
my friend went yesterday and didn't see any.

:tongue:

I might be passing by on Sunday; if I do I'll post an update.

Off Topic: Where can one cop some vintage Stan Smith's (White/Green colorway). Thanks NT Toronto.

Last edited:
1 pair of mcrad dunks at the College Park Winners, sz 13, $59
Repped.  Good looking out - not a bad SB in a pretty hard to find size.  Passed by around 6 and it was still there (the extra black laces are inside the shoe).

Was really tempted but just pulled the trigger on some NB 1300NWs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom