Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I think more likely: those joints are just sitting cuz no one wants them - they are pretty ugly IMO.  I've recently seen them on the shelf at DT HOH.

I think more likely: those joints are just sitting cuz no one wants them - they are pretty ugly IMO.  I've recently seen them on the shelf at DT HOH.

Na I was in the store when they put it out. One of my friends tried it on and it had a note on it that said staff hold do not sell!

On a another note someone asked if the Cigar & Champagne retro 6's was coming? Also a quick pic of the Blk/blue 5lab3.

They are sold out right now. I talked to an Adidas store employee and he said more stock will be coming in the summertime. 

so the championship pack is gonna be $309.99 each shoe? If so, I'd much more prefer the 11 lows releasing the same day.

Off Topic: Where can one cop some vintage Stan Smith's (White/Green colorway). Thanks NT Toronto.

Adidas Queen didn't get too many to begin with.

A friend of mine got his at Groovy, a bit further East towards John St.

Mind you, this is around the time they dropped a couple months ago so there might not be any left there either.

Off Topic: Where can one cop some vintage Stan Smith's (White/Green colorway). Thanks NT Toronto.
Maybe call first 'cause I'm not 100%, but I could've sworn I saw some at Adidas Yonge/Dundas and Champs Yonge St earlier this week.

If anyone hit the lance mountain raffle in a 10.5 or 11 and looking to sell please PM. Entered w adrift & capsule and came up empty handed. Thanks

I haven't entered any kind of raffle releases? How do they do it?

Do they have a box per size and you can only drop 1 raffle in 1 box/size?

Then are the participants present to watch when they draw names from each size/box?

Because this is the raffle system I know that's "fair", unless the "drawer" palms a raffle of a F&F name or "stuck" in a corner with "magic tape"

So the box should be a clear box or even a big glass jar.

I've never actually seen where the raffle tickets go to at Capsule... Presumably the garbage lol.

And let's pretend for a moment that raffles were legit, I would not be surprised if ppl put in multiple entries (it's not like they know who u are) or have friends enter and cop them on ur behalf...

And it's a bit odd how they don't actually give u a proper raffle ticket w a serialized number on it. A piece of paper with your name, contact info and shoe size. With the actually raffle ticket you would get a ticket and the other matching ticket goes into the raffle box.

All I'm saying is that they really could make the raffle system more transparent. I call BS on raffles in the Toronto area.

Last edited:
TL;DR: SGFU

Shops are in a really tough spot whenever they do a raffle.  Think bunch of us were discussing a while back that we prefer FCFS - but can understand shops not wanting to do it because they don't want a gang of reseller kids parked out front of the store for days (campouts leave huge messes, looks bad to general public, can get into issues with police/security, if someone gets shot/stabbed/robbed/beaten up while lining up it makes your store look bad).

And there's nothing you can do to prevent multiple entries for the same person/group of people.  I'm sure a lot of guys had friends, family, girlfriends, etc. enter raffles for them.  My buddy was actually able to double up on a release in his size @ LS Vancouver because he did this.  And you can sure if resellers can have a gang of kids lining up for release, they can get a gang of kids to enter a raffle.

Even with a serialized ticket, it can still be rigged.  I think the most random way is for a shop to enter raffle data and then use a random list sorter (i.e. http://www.random.org/lists/) and post the video online.  Of course, there are privacy issues there too with posting name/numbers up - so maybe a serialized ticket can work.  And I'm sure no shop wants to bother with a 3rd party 'auditer' -- cuz honestly, who wants to spend the time/money on that?

To be honest, if a shop sold 'raffle' pairs to friends/families/staff/VIPs, it's not any different than if it was a FCFS release (they can always hold pairs no matter how they sell it).  Let's face it, if you were running a shop, you would take care of your own people and VIPs first - would you rather sell your pair to a regular that comes in and spends money regularly or sell it to some random guy that may or may not flip it?  I think the bigger concern is if a shop ended up backdooring all their pairs to a reseller.

Even if the raffle was completely 100% legit, Adrift said they had "Sizes 8-12 (No 8.5 or 11.5)" (props for being transparent so people aren't entering a raffle for sizes that don't exist/for sale after staff take) - assuming that's one size run on a short shipment, that's 7 pairs of shoes.  Let's be generous and assume they got doubles on some size and say there were 10 pairs to raffle.  Didn't someone post earlier that there were 50 entries by the 1st afternoon - how many hundreds of entries do you think they got by the end of the week?  Chances are *slim* and some people will still call the whole thing rigged.

Last edited:
TL;DR: SGFU

Shops are in a really tough spot whenever they do a raffle.  Think bunch of us were discussing a while back that we prefer FCFS - but can understand shops not wanting to do it because they don't want a gang of reseller kids parked out front of the store for days (campouts leave huge messes, looks bad to general public, can get into issues with police/security, if someone gets shot/stabbed/robbed/beaten up while lining up it makes your store look bad).

And there's nothing you can do to prevent multiple entries for the same person/group of people.  I'm sure a lot of guys had friends, family, girlfriends, etc. enter raffles for them.  My buddy was actually able to double up on a release in his size @ LS Vancouver because he did this.  And you can sure if resellers can have a gang of kids lining up for release, they can get a gang of kids to enter a raffle.

Even with a serialized ticket, it can still be rigged.  I think the most random way is for a shop to enter raffle data and then use a random list sorter (i.e. http://www.random.org/lists/) and post the video online.  Of course, there are privacy issues there too with posting name/numbers up - so maybe a serialized ticket can work.  And I'm sure no shop wants to bother with a 3rd party 'auditer' -- cuz honestly, who wants to spend the time/money on that?

To be honest, if a shop sold 'raffle' pairs to friends/families/staff/VIPs, it's not any different than if it was a FCFS release (they can always hold pairs no matter how they sell it).  Let's face it, if you were running a shop, you would take care of your own people and VIPs first - would you rather sell your pair to a regular that comes in and spends money regularly or sell it to some random guy that may or may not flip it?  I think the bigger concern is if a shop ended up backdooring all their pairs to a reseller.

Even if the raffle was completely 100% legit, Adrift said they had "Sizes 8-12 (No 8.5 or 11.5)" (props for being transparent so people aren't entering a raffle for sizes that don't exist/for sale after staff take) - assuming that's one size run on a short shipment, that's 7 pairs of shoes.  Let's be generous and assume they got doubles on some size and say there were 10 pairs to raffle.  Didn't someone post earlier that there were 50 entries by the 1st afternoon - how many hundreds of entries do you think they got by the end of the week?  Chances are *slim* and some people will still call the whole thing rigged.

True even a serialized ticket could be rigged... Anything can be rigged. People be scamming one another since the beginning of time. And It would be nice to see them actually put it in a locked raffle bin or something.. Little things like that could instill a little more faith in the system.

I know I would take care of my people first, that's human nature and being solid and showing loyalty to ur ppl. I did ask one of the sales clerks at the shop and they denied those shenanigans go on at their store. They were almost convincing... But at least I'm honest about how I would be.

I think we are all aware that chances are *slim*. "You cannot lose if you do not play". I played and I lost...

Still think the way they currently raffle is BS... But then again I am salty for not winning...

Just wanted to rant on a public forum I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom