Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

you think its infuriating when a foreign chinese person gets the yeezys instead of you just wait till you get older and realize that same chinese person is going to pay 100,000 dollars over asking price for the house you, your wife and kids wanted to buy.

we're ******
I recently bought in Oakville and didn't have to pay a penny over asking. There aren't as many of them there yet. I'm Chinese as well, but absolutely refuse to live with my own people in the east end lol.

when I say HK has no sense of style I meant look at HK's homegrown streetwear culture. despite being a HB havenhat have they got? clot? madness? their stuff is all derivative of other streetwear brand

Im glad your crew know the diff and you guys are probably in the small percentile that know better...but look around, most HK'ers dress the same

Well other than clot and madness there are also some other brands that are just not as well known... It doesn't mean that we all wear the same clothes or style man. I don't even know any friends that wear clot or madness. It's just sad to say that many Asians are buying yeezys or hyped shoes or clothes to flip or to show off, I know it's ruining the culture and our reputation.

Well other than clot and madness there are also some other brands that are just not as well known... It doesn't mean that we all wear the same clothes or style man. I don't even know any friends that wear clot or madness. It's just sad to say that many Asians are buying yeezys or hyped shoes or clothes to flip or to show off, I know it's ruining the culture and our reputation.
I find a lot of HK cats wear IT brands/brands they sell. Izzue, Fingerxx, XLarge, or whatever they sell at Double Park and DMop.

I find a lot of HK cats wear IT brands/brands they sell. Izzue, Fingerxx, XLarge, or whatever they sell at Double Park and DMop.
That is true. I.T. and i.t. are a huge chain in HK. I.T. carries the high end clothing like Rick Owens, MMM, Undercover... Etc and i.t. has HK local brands and some affordable brands from the world like DC, stussy and etc.

Just to add to the whole "chinese loves things with hype"...its so true. I'll even note for those who arent sure of demographics. There are 2 types of chinese HB...hong kong & mainland china.

HK has no sense of its own style, when one fk boi wears goose bomber/skinny jeans/UB combo 10 other fk bois wear the same. This is similar to one girl posting a "follow me" IG pic then 10 other fugly ho's doing it.

mainland china has same cookie cutter style but these dudes got money, not "I got a degree, 9-5 office job & lease a 3-series" type of working class credit money - but serious money. Like "mom & dad connected with communist party & sending millions over so I get lambo & penthouse" lifestyle. With that sort of money a $1000 yeezy is like buying slippers.

most importantly tho, showing off is a chinese thing too...so if one dude has 1 pair of yeezy nxt guy needs 3 and cycle continues

how does this relate to the local TO sneaker scene? look at our discussions here

yes I am also a hipocrite for going off outlet topic so feel free to call me out
My first post here :smile:

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment somewhat. As a chinese dude living in the most asian city there is.. Markham. I see a ton of this. There's tons of these mainlanders (Big 6) who don't even work but get money wired over from mainland china every month. That's why you see them rolling in Beemers and other high end brands of clothing/automotives. More than likely mommy/daddy's cars. It's true, they copy whatever is hyped out there whether its Yeezy's or Ultraboosts. I had to laugh at the comment about buying Yeezy's like they're slippers out here! :tongue:

Now about the Yeezy raffle lineups consisting of mostly fob mainland china kids, does that ruin the image of the sneaker scene? That's subjective. Since I'll probably never lineup for a raffle it doesn't bother me. 

Lets be real guys.. there's really no HK'ers left anymore. A small chunk.

A girl in my class couldn't get a certain colorway of nmds so she bought another color that she didn't even like. I wouldve just saved my money for another release bc shoes come out every week

It sucks to see practically everyone at school loaded with cash like that n your kinda wearing the same stuff everyday n bussing for hours. That's life though

My first post here :smile:
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment somewhat. As a chinese dude living in the most asian city there is.. Markham. I see a ton of this. There's tons of these mainlanders (Big 6) who don't even work but get money wired over from mainland china every month. That's why you see them rolling in Beemers and other high end brands of clothing/automotives. More than likely mommy/daddy's cars. It's true, they copy whatever is hyped out there whether its Yeezy's or Ultraboosts. I had to laugh at the comment about buying Yeezy's like they're slippers out here! :tongue:

Now about the Yeezy raffle lineups consisting of mostly fob mainland china kids, does that ruin the image of the sneaker scene? That's subjective. Since I'll probably never lineup for a raffle it doesn't bother me. 

Lets be real guys.. there's really no HK'ers left anymore. A small chunk.

Sad but true. The HKers are still here, they are hidden coz there are A LOT more big 6 people coming over. SMH

you think its infuriating when a foreign chinese person gets the yeezys instead of you just wait till you get older and realize that same chinese person is going to pay 100,000 dollars over asking price for the house you, your wife and kids wanted to buy.

we're ******
Yeah this is whats annoying me the most about the GTA. It's overcrowded and next to impossible to progress here any more. As you progress, the cost of everything goes higher too. I'm planning on selling my house and getting out of the country in a few more years. Call me crazy but I don't see a good future here. 

Adidas line up was at Steve's music shop which is like 4 or 5 shops down when I went by on the streetcar just now. Not going to bother.

For those who don't already know, Haven did some additional discounts on their end of season sale online.  Got some decent stuff like NSW, Y3 and other stuff for those interested.

For those who don't already know, Haven did some additional discounts on their end of season sale online.  Got some decent stuff like NSW, Y3 and other stuff for those interested.
Yeah if you're into the olive Reinging Champ stuff there was some good deals as well. Want some of that FCRB and Sophnet stuff, but still so expensive. Also looks like its pretty slim fit.

Yeah if you're into the olive Reinging Champ stuff there was some good deals as well. Want some of that FCRB and Sophnet stuff, but still so expensive. Also looks like its pretty slim fit.
haha yea Haven is pricey but sometimes there are some steals (relative).  like the CP Achilles they have on sale are a good deal given its hard to find them sub 400 DS at most retailers.

I recently bought in Oakville and didn't have to pay a penny over asking. There aren't as many of them there yet. I'm Chinese as well, but absolutely refuse to live with my own people in the east end lol.
Oakville is a nicer city than Markham anyways. You can tell people take pride and care for their property(in most pockets of oakville) not like in Markham.

Some chinese people make their houses look so GHETTO by not upkeeping them. And they have such a nice property but it loses curb appeal because of the lack of upkeep.

But I agree getting outbid for a house by a huge margin sucks especially if its a city popular with the HK/Mainlanders

Back
Top Bottom