Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

what size have you been going for? It makes a difference
I know, i had to take a diff approach this time around but still no luck.

Previously, I signed up for 11 and 11.5 - I really need 11.5 for V2's which i know they make less of. 

Last edited:

I know, i had to take a diff approach this time around but still no luck.

Previously, I signed up for 11 and 11.5 - I really need 11.5 for V2's which i know they make less of. 
11.5's are rare.  It's the odd size in a size run and sometimes places don't even get them.  I'll be honest, there are times where you sign up for raffles, the stores haven't even received their shipments yet.  You may have signed for a size they may never have received.  In those cases, they may offer you the next closest size or they just toss the entries completely.

I signed up for the raffle yesterday at STC.....

and Scar Town is FCFS
Appreciate the info, someone above mention he got a call. So thought otherwise.

Only HoH DT and HoH YD restocking?

Thanks.
footlocker.ca/en-ca/launchlocator

Check there for which stores did raffle. Says Yorkdale, Sherway and Scarborough Town Centre did raffles on Tuesday.

Dufferin Mall is FCFS Saturday. @Adisme

Last edited:
So... When is Capsule doing their raffle? 
laugh.gif

Just to add to the whole "chinese loves things with hype"...its so true. I'll even note for those who arent sure of demographics. There are 2 types of chinese HB...hong kong & mainland china.

HK has no sense of its own style, when one fk boi wears goose bomber/skinny jeans/UB combo 10 other fk bois wear the same. This is similar to one girl posting a "follow me" IG pic then 10 other fugly ho's doing it.

mainland china has same cookie cutter style but these dudes got money, not "I got a degree, 9-5 office job & lease a 3-series" type of working class credit money - but serious money. Like "mom & dad connected with communist party & sending millions over so I get lambo & penthouse" lifestyle. With that sort of money a $1000 yeezy is like buying slippers.

most importantly tho, showing off is a chinese thing too...so if one dude has 1 pair of yeezy nxt guy needs 3 and cycle continues

how does this relate to the local TO sneaker scene? look at our discussions here

yes I am also a hipocrite for going off outlet topic so feel free to call me out
This might be a silly question but what makes the mainland chinese people richer than the hong kong chinese people? And how the hell do people back home have that much money to send over here?

This might be a silly question but what makes the mainland chinese people richer than the hong kong chinese people? And how the hell do people back home have that much money to send over here?
My educated guess is that since Mainland China is a Communist State, the wealth is very concentrated within people who have connections with the Government. They send their kids here, and that's where you see the "FOB Asians" with designer everything.

HK is obviously much smaller and has comparatively way less corruption compared to mainland. Chinese govt. reportedly seriously clamping down on capital flight and making examples of people who are taking money out of China. Think they made it 50k USD limit per year now.

HK is obviously much smaller and has comparatively way less corruption compared to mainland. Chinese govt. reportedly seriously clamping down on capital flight and making examples of people who are taking money out of China. Think they made it 50k USD limit per year now.
There's a very simple and relatively easy model for them to bypass this "restriction".. sending their kids over here to get schooling, and buy up property in Canada where the Chinese cannot touch their assets. Then pay them a monthly "allowance" equal to or greater than what many of us make in a year

There's a very simple and relatively easy model for them to bypass this "restriction".. sending their kids over here to get schooling, and buy up property in Canada where the Chinese cannot touch their assets. Then pay them a monthly "allowance" equal to or greater than what many of us make in a year
Well I believe the whole point of the restriction is to stop people using Chinese money to purchase property and assets abroad. Obviously there are ways round it, but you will probably see the Chinese govt continue to restrict it as it is damaging to their economy. Tbh it's a much bigger discussion not really suited a forum about shoes
happy.gif

Hopefully Canadian government makes it difficult for foreign home buyers too.

Otherwise it will be impossible for Canadians to buy homes in the GTA.

They should restrict foreign home buying to places like Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick

Back in the 80's the manufacturing base in HK began to move across the border and into the mainland due to China's open policy. Before in order to have access to the mainland doing business you need to go thru HK, well apparently not anymore in the era after Wham! did Foreign Skies.

By the 90's a lot of jobs started to disappear (around the same time the US manufacturing base was leaving for China in full effect) and once the real estate bubble popped with the Asian Crisis the HK economy tanked, struggled to transform into a service economy. Its savior after Y2K was the now rich mainland people coming down to HK to spend money, but also started another real estate bubble pushing prices to astronomical levels (notice how they are now doing the same thing worldwide).

All this time China's been busy establishing modern economics by learning everything they can from HK. If you opened a factory in China during this era then you just made a crap ton of cash.

I think the current rich mainlanders are like the rich Japanese of the past (before the early 90's stock market crash) on steroids.

China has a crazy huge property bubble right now in their own country and once that goes bust, along with automation in manufacturing with robots, this trend will end. They are racing against time to get their hot money parked overseas before it's too late.

BTW Vancity now has a 15% foreign ownership tax for housing and it seems to be working. Toronto seems reluctant to enforce a similar policy.

Now tell me why all the madness still for Yeezy Boosts? lol!

Last edited:
Housing market is ridiculous - thanks in part to BC legislation. We bought our house back in 2011 for $625000 fully renoed - houses on our street needing lots of work - selling for $1.2 mil
We are in Oakville as well.

Last edited:

I hate to break it to you but it's happening pretty much worldwide as of late, pushing the prices up thru the roof for everything. They are seemingly everywhere you can't outrun them. If this keeps up then gotta move to Antarctica.
Yeah unfortunately I have noticed but I do have a place in mind that is much better to live, more reasonable financially speaking. We'll see how things go, I still have two more years to decide. And that foreigner tax in Vancouver concerns me because it gives them motivation to invest here now instead of over there. 

But wow, seems like not too many people hitting on this raffle so far. Not a good sign. 

Last edited:
Anyone else heading to the Adidas raffles tomorrow? I have tomorrow off, what time should I head to the lineup to avoid the long wait?

Back
Top Bottom