Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

On the flip side, what if when the next time they drop they wont be as hyped and it might be easier to get? You never know. But popular Jordans will always retro. How many times have they brought back the 1's now?

500 for a pair of 1's is A LOT of money. They couldn't even sell these for 79.99 at FTL back in 01 when they retroed then...so to me paying 500 for those is absurd. That's just my opinion though. 
Totally agree with this. I wouldn't be willing to pay anything close to that unless the man (jordan) played in them himself, then it would be worth it for collection purposes.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DONT GIVE IN TO TEMPTATION lol Dont give resellers a single dollar of YOUR hard earned money. 

On the flip side, what if when the next time they drop they wont be as hyped and it might be easier to get? You never know. But popular Jordans will always retro. How many times have they brought back the 1's now?

500 for a pair of 1's is A LOT of money. They couldn't even sell these for 79.99 at FTL back in 01 when they retroed then...so to me paying 500 for those is absurd. That's just my opinion though. 
You make a very good point. I was not aware that they sat in the past as I've never been too into Jordan's. Just recently dipping my toes into this segment, and even then, it's just 1s that I even look at. I for one, hope that sneaker hype dies down. Getting shoes I want is becoming increasingly difficult and adding unnecessary stress to my life lol. 

As mentioned before, the shoes I'm into don't retro or get remade, so this concept of hold off for a future release is kind of foreign to me lol!

Very surprised considering they were all supposed to be recalled.  Wonder how that pair got through
I think he's referring to these ones. Last skate shop collab for SB. Sad that it wasn't made better.

Last edited:
To think back in 2008 when I bought the PS3 for $500.. I thought that was steep.. now we're contemplating on paying the same price for a pair of shoes, and its considered the norm now lol. 

You make a very good point. I was not aware that they sat in the past as I've never been too into Jordan's. Just recently dipping my toes into this segment, and even then, it's just 1s that I even look at. I for one, hope that sneaker hype dies down. Getting shoes I want is becoming increasingly difficult and adding unnecessary stress to my life lol. 

As mentioned before, the shoes I'm into don't retro or get remade, so this concept of hold off for a future release is kind of foreign to me lol!

I think he's referring to these ones. Last skate shop collab for SB. Sad that it wasn't made better.

Wait...no more Skate shop collab with SBs?

WTF?

although this is true that these models retro all the time and there are some valid points, i'm going to have agree with @crono06 that I don't think it's going to get any easier to cop at retail for these Breds in future releases unless you happen to win a raffle, stumble onto a sneakdrop or have someone look out for you.  They may have sat in the past but that's likely not going to happen again esp with this model and colour.  Tons of Jordans sat back in the day but if you notice most ppl are hoarding these '94, '01, '13, '16/'17 pairs for future resale cause a lot of ppl want them and will continue to want them cause they'll have some form of nostalgia for them (even the younger guys now).  even with increased production, chicagos/royals/black toes/breds haven't sat for more than a few hours at most

Although I'm not condoning or a supporter of resale you're going to be hard pressed to find these at a close to retail anytime in the near future esp if you're looking for DS pair.  $500 is a lot and i wouldn't spend that but at the end of the day if these are your "grails" and it's not going to make a serious dent in your pocket I don't see a problem splurging on them.

although this is true that these models retro all the time and there are some valid points, i'm going to have agree with @crono06 that I don't think it's going to get any easier to cop at retail for these Breds in future releases unless you happen to win a raffle, stumble onto a sneakdrop or have someone look out for you.  They may have sat in the past but that's likely not going to happen again esp with this model and colour.  Tons of Jordans sat back in the day but if you notice most ppl are hoarding these '94, '01, '13, '16/'17 pairs for future resale cause a lot of ppl want them and will continue to want them cause they'll have some form of nostalgia for them (even the younger guys now).  even with increased production, chicagos/royals/black toes/breds haven't sat for more than a few hours at most

Although I'm not condoning or a supporter of resale you're going to be hard pressed to find these at a close to retail anytime in the near future esp if you're looking for DS pair.  $500 is a lot and i wouldn't spend that but at the end of the day if these are your "grails" and it's not going to make a serious dent in your pocket I don't see a problem splurging on them.
If he gives in and pays resale then that's just gonna feed the hype that's killing the sneaker collecting thing that's happening right now, it's gonna lessen his chance even more on future releases and I guarantee you it will release again in the future. 1's are a cow that Jordan will forever milk. It's only a matter of time when the hype on these will die down.

But if you can sleep at night knowing you forked out 500 for a pair of 200 dollar shoes more power to you. I cant justify that for a pair of shoes

If he gives in and pays resale then that's just gonna feed the hype that's killing the sneaker collecting thing that's happening right now, it's gonna lessen his chance even more on future releases and I guarantee you it will release again in the future. 1's are a cow that Jordan will forever milk. It's only a matter of time when the hype on these will die down.

But if you can sleep at night knowing you forked out 500 for a pair of 200 dollar shoes more power to you. I cant justify that for a pair of shoes
i don't disagree with you man, all very valid points but since there's money to be made (always will be) in this market there will always be resellers.  I mean when you got all these young kids willing to purchase at resale and their parents allowing them purchase resale it's just not going to go away.  they will always re retro these as well as the 3, 4 and 11s but there always certain cws that will never die down imo.  case in point, ppl may think 3s are not as hyped as they used to be given how they're sitting but i would feel pretty confident that if and when the BC3s drop those will not sit regardless of how much supply they pump out.

I mean i'm with you and that I wouldn't pay $500 for these but i recently paid $500 (in value, trade and cash) for an OG pair of Atmos 1's back from '07/'08.

although this is true that these models retro all the time and there are some valid points, i'm going to have agree with @crono06
that I don't think it's going to get any easier to cop at retail for these Breds in future releases unless you happen to win a raffle, stumble onto a sneakdrop or have someone look out for you.  They may have sat in the past but that's likely not going to happen again esp with this model and colour.  Tons of Jordans sat back in the day but if you notice most ppl are hoarding these '94, '01, '13, '16/'17 pairs for future resale cause a lot of ppl want them and will continue to want them cause they'll have some form of nostalgia for them (even the younger guys now).  even with increased production, chicagos/royals/black toes/breds haven't sat for more than a few hours at most

If I'm spending close to $500 or a bit over, I'll try to track a 94 or at least an '01 rather than the recent release.

AJ1s are one of the most durable model so you don't have to worry if you're getting NOS (new old stock)

i don't disagree with you man, all very valid points but since there's money to be made (always will be) in this market there will always be resellers.  I mean when you got all these young kids willing to purchase at resale and their parents allowing them purchase resale it's just not going to go away.  they will always re retro these as well as the 3, 4 and 11s but there always certain cws that will never die down imo.  case in point, ppl may think 3s are not as hyped as they used to be given how they're sitting but i would feel pretty confident that if and when the BC3s drop those will not sit regardless of how much supply they pump out.

I mean i'm with you and that I wouldn't pay $500 for these but i recently paid $500 (in value, trade and cash) for an OG pair of Atmos 1's back from '07/'08.
Nike was probably just testing the waters with all the lesser hype colorways when they reintroduced the Nike Air branding with 3/4/5/6. The absolute crowd favorites will be their last trick pony and won't be brought out until Adidas gains even more steam over JB.

Last edited:
If I'm spending close to $500 or a bit over, I'll try to track a 94 or at least an '01 rather than the recent release.

AJ1s are one of the most durable model so you don't have to worry if you're getting NOS (new old stock)
Agreed, I think those models are probably better if you can get a complete pair with the box and all the added stuff like key chain/hang tags.  but again hard to come by in good condition for a reasonable price.

Nike was probably just testing the waters with all the lesser hype colorways when they reintroduced the Nike Air branding with 3/4/5/6. The absolute crowd favorites will be their last trick pony and won't be brought out until Adidas gains even more steam over JB.
hm...  not sure if i completely agree cause the ones they retrod w the branding were ones that were coveted by collectors and were ones ppl wanted retroed for a long time but some pairs just didn't sell well.  tbh I'm not a huge fan of the Maroon 6s or the TB3s but i know a lot of ppl were.

Imagine paying $500 for some Air Force 1s

mean.gif
if they're the Clot x AF1 1World pack i'm down lol

hm...  not sure if i completely agree cause the ones they retrod w the branding were ones that were coveted by collectors and were ones ppl wanted retroed for a long time but some pairs just didn't sell well.  tbh I'm not a huge fan of the Maroon 6s or the TB3s but i know a lot of ppl were.
The child in me wished they came out with the core Bulls colorways remastered first. I can't relate to Jordan 1 since that came out before i watched basketball on tv but that's just me. :D

Last edited:

Yeah i've had no joy trying to trade for my size and i'm not going through the hassle of dealing with all these Kijji/FB kids for the sake of $40. That being said if any regular user here wants them for what I paid then PM me. They are size 8.
These are gone now.

The child in me wished they came out with the core Bulls colorways remastered first. I can't relate to Jordan 1 since that came out before i watched basketball on tv but that's just me. :D
Speaking of the Bulls. Where is the guy who said that the Celtics were pretenders and a bunch of others in here told him that the Celtics would win that series. I vaguely remember people saying not to sleep on the Celtics..."Oh Brad Stevens is too good of a coach for them to lose this series" and someone talking about the Bulls being the most inconsistent team in the league. I knew they would have the advantage over the Celtics lol.

naw i hear you man, me too.

tbh there are a few cws and models that they could retro every year or two and i wouldn't be mad about.  Give me some AM95 Neons and WC3s all day

Speaking of the Bulls. Where is the guy who said that the Celtics were pretenders and a bunch of others in here told him that the Celtics would win that series. I vaguely remember people saying not to sleep on the Celtics..."Oh Brad Stevens is too good of a coach for them to lose this series" and someone talking about the Bulls being the most inconsistent team in the league. I knew they would have the advantage over the Celtics lol.
Haha not sure if you were talking about me but I did say the Bulls are one of the MOST inconsistent teams. I'm a Bulls fan so this series is a bit of a surprise. I watched them all year and these last two playoff games are a bit of an outlier. They tend to show up for a few games then lay a huge egg the next night. The last regular season game against the Celtics they got blown out on the road 100-80.

The series is still far from over though. I still think Stevens is a great coach, Hoiberg sucks large hairy balls. Celtics are just getting destroyed on the glass which is the Bulls strength. Rondo is playing like 08 Rondo and Wade brings a lot of experience. My guy Jimmy is doing his thing though. If they move on they meet Washington which is a terrible matchup.

naw i hear you man, me too.

tbh there are a few cws and models that they could retro every year or two and i wouldn't be mad about.  Give me some AM95 Neons and WC3s all day
Didnt Neons just retro last year or the year before with the OG box?

NA WC3's would be nice. Doubled up on the 2011 Jumpman ones thinking those wouldnt come out for a while...but nope JB drops the NA version in limited quantities too. Jerks.

Back
Top Bottom