Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

You took that post well my friend. Kudos to you. After I read it, I was thinking whether I should edit it because it did come off as blunt on text. First off, you’re right. They are not a pair of $130 ultra moires or essentials. They are much more like the Air Max 1 Premiums or even better.

Regardless though it is a sneaker that usually goes for $150 or less, and its hype made it resell for $500 or more because of the limited quantity. I just learned that a few days ago on this forum. I did not get it, but now I am starting to recognize that many view it as a grail. I just don’t get the mentality of wanting to pay for a similar shoe 3x the cost because most others do not own a pair, etc. That is the way it came off in a post where sneaker knowledge was being discussed.

With that being said, it is definitely one of the more sought out Nikes, and collecting prized sneakers that no one else has is something that many participate in, even though I do not think it’s the right approach to have. Then again, most various art and collection is like that, so maybe I should fall back with my old jaded approach.

I’m a late 80s baby myself and although I personally love the Air Max 1, I thought you specifically meant that one edition of the AM1 being more iconic. With that being said, I stilllll kinda lean the Adidas Yeezy line for its cultural impact (good and bad). The entire Air Max collection though wins in that regard. Of course, like you said, it is subjective. I did do a google search, and it is more than just a Canadian flag on the tongue, it is a sweet looking silhouette. Congrats.

Cheers.

All good brother. Just a couple of guys sharing their opinions online about a common love/interest- no need to get triggered haha :smile:

Being a huge AM1 fan and being raised in Toronto, this shoe was definitely a GRAIL for me. What drew me to the discussion in the first place was the original question of trading Yeezys for AM1s because I actually sold off a pair of yeezys to pay for a resale pair of AM1 Atmos so I could definitely relate to the poster's situation.

For me, my top 3 "must haves" are:

1. Air Jordan 1 Breds
2. AM1 Atmos
3. AM1 "The 6"

Curious to know what others' top 3 "must haves" are as everyone's tastes is different. Definitely shows your age/generation though haha

1. Nike SB Dunk Low Tiffany
2. Nike SB Dunk High Unkle
3. Air Jordan 1 Bred

There are other SB's which I would rather put, but I've accepted that I will never get Pigeon or Paris Dunks lol.

Pretty random question but we're all shoeheads/sneakerheads here and I'm sure we all have a ton of shoe boxes. Do you guys keep all your shoe boxes for collection purposes or do you throw them out and just keep the shoes?

I kind of feel like the boxes are almost as important in collecting as the shoes are (especially if you may plan to re sell down the line). Some of my boxes are so beat up though and I don't even know how they got so bad. The edges fraying and the box dented in or the lids almost ripping off. I have pretty bad OCD so I've kept basically all the original boxes I've bought but it kind of bothers me that some are so beat up (ya it's the boxes I'm talking about lol).

I've looked online on certain people's collections and some have creative ways to store their sneakers/shoes without using the boxes, while some buy those clear boxes and use those. It interests me because I wonder how many of us out there have a spare room filled almost ground to roof with sneaker boxes and your parents or girlfriend/wife get pissed the eff off lol.

I keep all my boxes too. I jus like to take good care of all my stuff in general. The boxes protect the shoes from dust too. I don't get caught up on the condition they in but I make sure that I store all my kicks in boxes when I'm not wearing them.

I like to store my shoes in boxes too. A lot of dudes just leave them by their front door but I have way too many pairs to do that. I do find it to be pretty grimey to put dirty kicks back in the boxes though...

i bought those clear dront front shoe boxes, they're pretty dope but they get pricey when you start buying a few. i have half my shoes in those boxes and the rest i just put in recycle bags in the closet lol

Most Wanted List:

1. Amsterdam AM1 - have wanted these for ages and just haven't pulled the trigger on a pair. Tougher to find in DS/legit VNDS now
2. BRS AM1
3. Bacon/DQM AM90 - maybe my fav 90 c/w. Had a pair that was too small. Sold and just never rebought....yet
(4.) I'll admit I still would love to grab a pair of Red Octobers at some point. Super hype-y but there's just something about them to me

I keep all my boxes as well and I would never get rid of them or else I would have no where to put them back after use. I like keeping the original packaging. I always, no matter what, clean my shoes after wearing them and would never put them back in the box dirty. I'm a germophobe and have slight OCD so this would drive me nuts!!!

I keep all my boxes as well and I would never get rid of them or else I would have no where to put them back after use. I like keeping the original packaging. I always, no matter what, clean my shoes after wearing them and would never put them back in the box dirty. I'm a germophobe and have slight OCD so this would drive me nuts!!!

I do this as well, although not after every single wear. I'll probably put a pair in my rotation for a few weeks/month, and then clean them up and put them away.

I definitely have OCD as well. Not even going to front that it's "slight" lol. I have pretty severe OCD ever since I can remember. I used to keep toys in the box like damn 40 year old virgin lmao. I also am meticulous in cleaning my kicks after every wear. I won't break out the tooth brush and soap after every time but I always will wipe them down with a wet or damp cloth and try to brush off dried on dirt. Money was always really tight for my family (as with a lot of others I'm sure) so I almost had this complex like I had to save my things for as long as possible...

1. Jordan 3 White Cement
2. AM95 Neons
3. Air Penny 2 Away
4. Jordan 13 HGG
5. AM97 Silver Bullets

Not the craziest top 3 but they all hold significance to why I love kicks so much. Threw in 2 more since i was thinking about this topic recently

I definitely have OCD as well. Not even going to front that it's "slight" lol. I have pretty severe OCD ever since I can remember. I used to keep toys in the box like damn 40 year old virgin lmao. I also am meticulous in cleaning my kicks after every wear. I won't break out the tooth brush and soap after every time but I always will wipe them down with a wet or damp cloth and try to brush off dried on dirt. Money was always really tight for my family (as with a lot of others I'm sure) so I almost had this complex like I had to save my things for as long as possible...

haha I was just going to say, there is no such thing as "slight" OCD... it's either you have it or not. I'm like most of you, definitely need a quick wipe down of the shoes before going back into the box, that's why we have beaters. I even wipe my dogs' paws after walks haha The REAL question is whether you guys wear your shoes in the house or take them off at the front :rofl:

1. Jordan 3 White Cement
2. AM95 Neons
3. Air Penny 2 Away
4. Jordan 13 HGG
5. AM97 Silver Bullets

Not the craziest top 3 but they all hold significance to why I love kicks so much. Threw in 2 more since i was thinking about this topic recently
1. Jordan 3 White Cement
2. AM95 Neons
3. Air Penny 2 Away
4. Jordan 13 HGG
5. AM97 Silver Bullets

5?! You trying to get extra credit or something? haha kidding, that's what a top 3/5 is all about (significance/value to you) :smile:

Did they have the Trunners?

Any thoughts on the store? (Dynamics, I know you got a friendship, but your your reflection would be interesting too)

What friendship? I have no ties. :lol:

I haven't checked the store yet, probably will be a long while before I go there to see it. Opening inside a major mall was inevitable, OVO as a brand are more focused on being a lifelong Canadian staple like Roots not just some streetwear company. The Yorkdale location makes sense just by observing the steps the brand has made over the past 2 years. And there's another location coming.

Compared to the Jordan Brand store on 306 Yonge, I see the YD store being more successful since everyone and their mom knows who Drake is. So selling the same old owl gear you see regularly won't be an issue.

I don't usually do this **** but I'm putting this little ***** on blast...his name is Charles Stephen and his number is 416 819 8005 ...if you value your time, stay clear of this kid.

Sorry to hear about this. Probably my biggest fear nowadays is some sick **** arranging a meetup somewhere with no intentions of ever appearing. That and selling on eBay.

When it comes to meetups I don't travel far. I get A LOT of requests to come out to Sauga or Brampton. It's always those 2 or Finch, Islington or Pape TTC stations. I refuse all those scenarios.

That sucks @loyaltyroyalty . One thing I've learned from doing all these deals is to do meetups that are close to where I live or where I work. If someone asks me to meet them more than 30 mins away, I will ask for $25 -$30 emt deposit.

I'll have to start doing this now.

The sad thing is that people are so selfish overall that they don't even have the decency to care about the **** they're putting other people through. Some people will do all these fukcboy moves and have no remorse that they wasted a whole person's day or made them drive way out of their way and flaked on them.

You're def right on that selfish thing. I'll have people living in west contacting me, I'm in the north east, and they don't want to meetup half way in a middle ground (usually downtown). Still want people to come to them.

What friendship? I have no ties. :lol:

I haven't checked the store yet, probably will be a long while before I go there to see it. Opening inside a major mall was inevitable, OVO as a brand are more focused on being a lifelong Canadian staple like Roots not just some streetwear company. The Yorkdale location makes sense just by observing the steps the brand has made over the past 2 years. And there's another location coming.

Compared to the Jordan Brand store on 306 Yonge, I see the YD store being more successful since everyone and their mom knows who Drake is. So selling the same old owl gear you see regularly won't be an issue.

Sorry to hear about this. Probably my biggest fear nowadays is some sick **** arranging a meetup somewhere with no intentions of ever appearing. That and selling on eBay.

When it comes to meetups I don't travel far. I get A LOT of requests to come out to Sauga or Brampton. It's always those 2 or Finch, Islington or Pape TTC stations. I refuse all those scenarios.

I'll have to start doing this now.

You're def right on that selfish thing. I'll have people living in west contacting me, I'm in the north east, and they don't want to meetup half way in a middle ground (usually downtown). Still want people to come to them.

:lol: Finch stn is automatic redflag. Never that.

Yup, or any station in general :lol:. Only time I did a transit hub meetup was last year, Kijiji meetup with some guy from Hamilton. We met at the Go bus terminal at Union Station. Only went through with it because it was during the lunch hour, I had to be in the area that day anyways and the guy seemed cool.

A friend of mine had a Kijiji meetup at Bloor/Yonge station back in the fall. Was selling some CPs and the buyer gave him fake money. Luckily my friend is a club/events manager so he deals with money regularly. Right when he felt the money he knew it was funny. The buyer tried to say he just got fresh bills taken out the bank, he was also claiming he from the NY even though he had a Canadian number.

haha I was just going to say, there is no such thing as "slight" OCD... it's either you have it or not. I'm like most of you, definitely need a quick wipe down of the shoes before going back into the box, that's why we have beaters. I even wipe my dogs' paws after walks haha The REAL question is whether you guys wear your shoes in the house or take them off at the front :rofl:

5?! You trying to get extra credit or something? haha kidding, that's what a top 3/5 is all about (significance/value to you) :smile:

haha only cause i was already having a similar discussion w another friend on top5s lol

Finch aint that bad, its Fairview that's the red flag to me haha

Yup, or any station in general :lol:. Only time I did a transit hub meetup was last year, Kijiji meetup with some guy from Hamilton. We met at the Go bus terminal at Union Station. Only went through with it because it was during the lunch hour, I had to be in the area that day anyways and the guy seemed cool.

A friend of mine had a Kijiji meetup at Bloor/Yonge station back in the fall. Was selling some CPs and the buyer gave him fake money. Luckily my friend is a club/events manager so he deals with money regularly. Right when he felt the money he knew it was funny. The buyer tried to say he just got fresh bills taken out the bank, he was also claiming he from the NY even though he had a Canadian number.

Smh. Ive done bloor/yonge before and dude kept looking over his shoulder i felt like he was watching for the train to come and was tryna hop on it. Luckily this was back in the day before these new trains with the 1 long *** cart so he couldn't have gotten far.

haha only cause i was already having a similar discussion w another friend on top5s lol

Finch aint that bad, its Fairview that's the red flag to me haha

:lol: fairviews cool with me.

Only ones ive got bad vibes from were finch, stc and 1 time guy asked me to come to one of those SRT stns lol. I never rode the SRT in my life i was like nah im good man.

Smh. Ive done bloor/yonge before and dude kept looking over his shoulder i felt like he was watching for the train to come and was tryna hop on it. Luckily this was back in the day before these new trains with the 1 long *** cart so he couldn't have gotten far.

:lol: fairviews cool with me.

Only ones ive got bad vibes from were finch, stc and 1 time guy asked me to come to one of those SRT stns lol. I never rode the SRT in my life i was like nah im good man.

haha i've heard horror stories w Fairview... fortunately i haven't had many issues at Finch station although my auto red flags are when they ask to meet in the station. whenever someone isn't willing to physically leave the station and forgo the $3 i always say no. I always get back those guys with "if you can't afford to get back on the train maybe you shouldn't be buying these kicks" sometimes the priorities of these buyers are crazy lol

I do this as well, although not after every single wear. I'll probably put a pair in my rotation for a few weeks/month, and then clean them up and put them away.[/QUOTE

I clean all my newer kicks after every wear but if I wear them 3 consecutive days I consider them a part of the "beater" rotation. Again this has to do with my OCD and germophobia and like to keep things clean and new.

I corrected myself in the above post as I do have OCD but trying to deal with it as it will consume you. People always laugh at me for being such a neat freak and obsess over small things. What can I say, I've been this way for so long that it's normal for me. I actually clean my sneakers with soap,tooth brush and Lysol wipes after every wear regardless if I get home tired, drunk ect. My theory is it only takes 5 min to clean and they'll look fresh for years to come.

HaHa you're right and I corrected myself. I wear my new clean shoes out of the box around he house before I leave to go some where when I'm getting dressed but as soon as I get home after being out I take them off with my hands ( not one foot to heal) and take them up to clean in my laundry room. Lol yeah it's that crazy!

Never heard bad things about Fairview or STC, I actually prefer to meet in malls. Now mall parking lots during and after store hours I don't do. No train stations, no parks, no random intersections and no coffee shops late nights.

Never heard bad things about Fairview or STC, I actually prefer to meet in malls. Now mall parking lots during and after store hours I don't do. No train stations, no parks, no random intersections and no coffee shops late nights.

It was stc station, i was telling them to come in the mall but they refused so i never dealt with it.

Had 1 person off kijiji tell me to meet them at some bldng at kipling and finch :lol:

That was the strangest meet up place.

For me, my top 3 "must haves" are:

1. Air Jordan 1 Breds
2. AM1 Atmos
3. AM1 "The 6"

Curious to know what others' top 3 "must haves" are as everyone's tastes is different. Definitely shows your age/generation though haha
Most Wanted List:

1. Amsterdam AM1 - have wanted these for ages and just haven't pulled the trigger on a pair. Tougher to find in DS/legit VNDS now
2. BRS AM1
3. Bacon/DQM AM90 - maybe my fav 90 c/w. Had a pair that was too small. Sold and just never rebought....yet
(4.) I'll admit I still would love to grab a pair of Red Octobers at some point. Super hype-y but there's just something about them to me

man, Gmas, you list is golden.

For me its:
1. Viotech AM1
2. BRS AM1
3. Urawa AM1

I've always been an AM1 fan (diehard even at one point) but things started tapering off and leaning towards Asics (during RF's early heyday) and Boost.
This year's AM Month really woke that sleeping beast again and I'm on the hunt for my holy grails.

It was stc station, i was telling them to come in the mall but they refused so i never dealt with it.

Had 1 person off kijiji tell me to meet them at some bldng at kipling and finch :lol:

That was the strangest meet up place.

Oh yeah I would've passed also if the person didn't want to come in the mall.

And after this discussion about Kijiji meetups I just got an email from someone wanting to meet at a gas station at Brimley and Finch. I'm pretty sure the troll read today's posts. Clown.

I don't usually do this **** but I'm putting this little ***** on blast...his name is Charles Stephen and his number is 416 819 8005 ...if you value your time, stay clear of this kid. Contacted me via Kijiji about buying a pair of shoes that I priced way below retail and asked if I could meet him in Mississauga (I'm coming from north of Newmarket) so I said sure, I have another meet up at square one so that won't be a problem...our meet was supposed to be at 9 and the other dude at 930..9 rolls around and he changes the meet location to medowvale town centre because his "car is in the shop" (kid doesn't even drive) so I said sorry no, it's further out of the way and I have a meet at 930..he begged me and I said add $20 and I'll do it...he said $10 then said ok $20 so I said okay and headed there at 9...5 mins away and he says turn around I'm not paying an extra $20 for them...I said **** it, give me the original amount since I'm already here and he said ok...I wait 15 mins and he's still not there but responds to my texts saying "coming" ..it's now 920 and he other guy at square one is getting there and can't stay past 930..kid says one min away...I'm sitting there waiting until 935 and then he turns off his phone so I said **** it and race over to square one but by the time I get there, other guy is already gone ...I don't really blame him. Anyways, stay away from this little **** boi...if you're in this forum, I hope that someone knocks your teeth out.
Sucks this happened to you and it seems he might've been a known flopper on FB. I can see he has posted on TSG before but is no longer in the group

man, Gmas, you list is golden.

For me its:
1. Viotech AM1
2. BRS AM1
3. Urawa AM1

I've always been an AM1 fan (diehard even at one point) but things started tapering off and leaning towards Asics (during RF's early heyday) and Boost.
This year's AM Month really woke that sleeping beast again and I'm on the hunt for my holy grails.
Thanks dude, AM1's will always be "that" shoe for me. I have the Viotechs and Urawas....great choices. I remember I found a DS pair of BRS in my size on Ebay like 8-10 years ago. $550....I hesitated and they were gone. Such a regret. I was lucky to find another AM1 guy selling a big chunk of his collection a long time back, and did a pretty big bulk buy. Grabbed Morning Glorys, Purple Pattas, Greystones, Viotech and Safaris, '99 Red OG's, Chloro Pattas....felt like a $hitload of money at the time, but was a crazy steal in retrospect.

Back
Top Bottom