Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Ibaka was straight donkey especially during the home stretch.
JV could have won the game like 3 times but missed easy put backs... what's done is done, win by 20 tomorrow.

Ya the key is not getting too high or too low. Our fanbase is definitely die hard and they have so much emotionally invested in the team but we got to approach each game as an individual and separate entity. We're all obviously going to be distraught after the way the game was given away but we have a chance to come out tomorrow and even it. As bad as it feels...Can anyone truly say it felt any better when we played Game 1 against the Cavs last year? Kyrie aside and all the bashing the Cavs get...they're still a good team and I don't know how people see past that. When their bench are hitting shots and 3s, they can beat a lot of teams. The narrative of them being "only Lebron" is far overblown.

Kay anyways, gonna deviate from all the raptors talk for a sec.

STC has no line for the satin shattered raffle. Stores are ateaze and FTA. Raffles are going on till 9. Also spoke with the manager at FTA and apparently all foot store raffles are going till 9 tonight. Good luck!

Damn, didn't know about Ateaze. I only did FTA at STC. :smh:

Was funny to see, a family of 8 pulled up to the sign-up table. Only was guy (the only teen of the group) was there to sign up, then eventually the other family members kept asking questions. The girl behind the table had to pull up an image of the shoe to show them what the raffle was for, after holding me up and taking their sweet time to decide sizes they all signed up. If there was a baby amongst them I would've cussed them out to hurry the **** up.

Anyone in this thread with SNKRS access able to hit on the 97/1 restock today?

On a related note - they really need to bring the SNKRS platform up here.

Screenshot_2018-05-02-17-42-18-472_com.instagram.android.png
Screenshot_2018-05-02-17-42-23-752_com.instagram.android.png

Anyone in this thread with SNKRS access able to hit on the 97/1 restock today?

On a related note - they really need to bring the SNKRS platform up here.

Nope and pairs are still sitting apparently. Not sure what's up with my SNKRS, but feels like on a lot of in-demand product I've been getting the "restricted access" screen (on desktop) or the item doesn't show up on my SNKRS app period.

Haha not all of us kookoo89 kookoo89 . Some of us are just like you and just want to see our team win and do well without the side crap.

What's hilarious is those who are on the Raptors Reddit forum who some are ALREADY saying to blow the entire team up and start over. Are you damn serious? After one really bad performance down the stretch but in a Game 1. I'm sure Cleveland fans were super pissed after losing Game 1 to Indiana by almost 20 but I also believe their fan base knew that eventually they would win that series. We do have a lot of fickle and weak minded fans who are just willing to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon just because the team faces adversity.

I'm used to the side crap because any sort of scrutiny follows LeBron more than any other player. Basically 50% of the NBA cheats. But no one cares about Dragen Bender cheating, haha (made up, doubt it's a thing). But when you're on LeBron's team, literally all the smallest things are brought to light. And then you add a Kardashian into it. Woof. Haha.

I definitely know the feeling. But my biggest issue with my own team is the coaching. Obviously I'm closer to the situation but they have basically reduced their new players to shells of their former selves. They've tried to make Clarkson a point guard... He's a shooting guard who doesn't have the best handles and needs to play with an adult. And is super streaky so if he has a few bad possessions, take him out. Try again later. Rodney Hood, has an amazing shot but the Cavs have tried to change his form. Larry Nance, gets no minutes at his true position and isn't being told to pick and roll with guys like Korver anymore. Along with all of that, they're forcing the Cavs to switch on every play and put them out of position on defense. There's a reason every player who has come to the team looks worse now than before they got to the Cavs. And they have guys in Cedi and Zizic on the bench who can actually stand tall with JV, ect who dominated Kevin. Whether the Cavs make it to the finals or not. Whether LeBron leaves... Whatever the situation, Lue and Longabardi need to be fired. There are too many good coaches out there to have a human catfish as our coach.

Ya the key is not getting too high or too low. Our fanbase is definitely die hard and they have so much emotionally invested in the team but we got to approach each game as an individual and separate entity. We're all obviously going to be distraught after the way the game was given away but we have a chance to come out tomorrow and even it. As bad as it feels...Can anyone truly say it felt any better when we played Game 1 against the Cavs last year? Kyrie aside and all the bashing the Cavs get...they're still a good team and I don't know how people see past that. When their bench are hitting shots and 3s, they can beat a lot of teams. The narrative of them being "only Lebron" is far overblown.

The problem is too many people get so caught up in media hype. "The media says the Cavs are done, so it must be true." "Skip Bayless says LeBron is not clutch. It must be true." As a Cavs fan and person who now supports LeBron's goal to be the GOAT (tough years watching him as a Cavs fan while he was in Miami, booing him), I am obviously biased. But the entire media unfortunately is an age where they grew up watching and/or covering Michael Jordan. They will rep him, no matter what the case is. And no one outside of a select few people who support LeBron's case of the GOAT will go into the negative points of Jordan, and are called LeBron ball lickers... No one is willing to look at the teams LeBron had. 100% the Mavs loss is a mark on his record. But if anyone would realistically say LeBron (growing up and playing the physical type of basketball in Jordan's era, because apparently LeBron just time travels to the past when comparing generations...) wouldn't have won 6 straight championships against the teams Jordan faced, with the supporting cast Jordan had...

My point being, everyone has a narrative to push but you can't get emotional over it because their goal is to make money by creating controversy. And it seems like a ton of Raptors fans take all of that to heart. Media is based in the US, and as they ALWAYS do, they're doing their best to make the foreigners look bad. If anyone watched wrestling as a kid or still does, why is the guy with the accent the bad guy 90% of the time? Fragile American egos, that's why...

anybody got info if were getting the jordan 4 raptors? I heard it suppose to come out on friday

IMG_6710.PNG IMG_6711.PNG

Saw this on a Raptor fan page on IG. Obviously knew the call should have been a flagrant but it obviously wasn't called. These L2M just add injury to insult after the fact. That was the last possession of regular time and they blow that call. Derozan even said in his practice interview today that both him and Casey were hounding the refs to at least review the play since it was under 2 minutes left in the game and they told them flat out no. Common foul...side out of bounds.

IMG_6710.PNG IMG_6711.PNG

Saw this on a Raptor fan page on IG. Obviously knew the call should have been a flagrant but it obviously wasn't called. These L2M just add injury to insult after the fact. That was the last possession of regular time and they blow that call. Derozan even said in his practice interview today that both him and Casey were hounding the refs to at least review the play since it was under 2 minutes left in the game and they told them flat out no. Common foul...side out of bounds.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of it, they also admitted that Love got fouled by DeMar prior to the swinging of the body. And the reason Love even did that is because Demar was all over Love. So if the refs did their job correctly, DeMar would have been called for a foul, and not struck by the elbow. Of course, if it was the other way around, I'd probably be pretty pissed and not say things rationally. So if saying that makes you mad, totally get it and I'm not here looking for a fight or to argue about anything.

It's a similar situation to the Indiana game where LeBron goaltends Oladipo. Hardly anyone mentions the missed call on the other end. It's easy to pick and choose what fits our narrative. And that's fine, because who doesn't want to be right, right? Haha. Hell, people are trying to make Kanye's recent statements sound like he isn't bat**** crazy...

Lol I just posted it after seeing it on the fan page. I didn’t read yet that Love was tied up and a non call foul on Derozan was made. Obviously I would be upset with the call the same way you would after the fact if the flagrant had actually been called and the Raptors had a cuishon and won. I’m not saying there wasn’t questionable calls or non calls both ways, but just like you said...the critical ones that shape each narrative are the ones that will be mentioned.

Lol I just posted it after seeing it on the fan page. I didn’t read yet that Love was tied up and a non call foul on Derozan was made. Obviously I would be upset with the call the same way you would after the fact if the flagrant had actually been called and the Raptors had a cuishon and won. I’m not saying there wasn’t questionable calls or non calls both ways, but just like you said...the critical ones that shape each narrative are the ones that will be mentioned.

Haha, no worries. I consider you a rational fan but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a false narrative around here. It's so much easier to draw eyes on mutual hate vs mutual appreciation. That's how these pages operate. Hating LeBron teams is the cool thing to do, haha. That's the only reason Skip Bayless is being paid 5.5 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom