Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

What are you looking for brand wise? I've been considering a pair of Cazals but haven't found anywhere carrying them so I can actually try them on.

Check Saks, I see them online, not sure if that's just for shipping or they have them instore.

Hey NT Toronto fam. Do any of you guys have any suggestions or go to spots to purchase high end designer sunglasses? I'm aware of the generic "mall places" like Sunglass Hut and Eyestar etc.

I'm more interested in boutiques, higher end stores or just any other place where steals can be had. Thanks in advance.

Check Spectacle (they have three locations). Legit for sure and they have a good selection but relatively pricey compared to shops in PMall and First Markham.

Check Saks, I see them online, not sure if that's just for shipping or they have them instore.

Good looks, didn't know they carry em. Gotta try em on and make sure they suit me before I decide to pull the trigger lol

Sunglasses are one of those accessories that are so important and can elevate your look but a lot of people also refuse to spend a lot of money on them. I have a lot of friends who buy strictly gas station or dollar store sunglasses because they say they know they’ll lose them.

I’ll invest more money though and build a good quality collection. Sunglasses are probably my favourite accessory.

Love/hate relationship with sunglasses. I wear rayban wayfarers and they always slide off after a while. Prob cuz I have a flat asian nose |l

grimeyy grimeyy Wayfarers are actually somewhat heavy in terms of most sunglasses. Have you looked into a lighter metal frame?

I’ve been really having a moment with round sunglasses but they don’t work for everyone as your face has to be somewhat slimmer. The safe bet is always square or rectangular shapes.

Sunglasses are one of those accessories that are so important and can elevate your look but a lot of people also refuse to spend a lot of money on them. I have a lot of friends who buy strictly gas station or dollar store sunglasses because they say they know they’ll lose them.

I’ll invest more money though and build a good quality collection. Sunglasses are probably my favourite accessory.

my plug usually is Costco for basic ray bans. usually they sell clubmasters/aviators/wayf for around 100-120.
go check your local family owned optical shops as well. I got 2 mirrorized "vintage" style frames for about 140-160.
and you can order from them if you have s specific style you need.

for higher end brands, outlets will be your friend. especially the high end outlets outside Canada.

kobeoverbron kobeoverbron I legit have always hunted for pairs from wherever dope ones can be found at affordable costs. Affordable to me is like anything $250 and less. I'm looking to buy about 3 different styles. I don't really like Ray Bans though because I'm going for pairs that not everyone has...

Well I've always liked Tom Ford, Saint Laurent, Gucci and designer frames like that, but anything cool and high quality is what I'm after. I've looked at Persols but I find that they're pretty ubiquitous for guys.

Are they that common? I have two pairs of Persol sunglasses (649) and one reading ha so defo a fan. Optical 38 on Queen (think they have other locations as well) is a good spot for glasses, not sure how good their pricing is on sunglasses. I find Persol is pretty overpriced here, picked mine up of ASOS on sale and Amazon UK.

majority of designer sunglasses are made by a single manufacturer called luxottica - which is chanel, prada, burberry, etc...it is why one store carrying chanel will always have prada. quality control across the board is decent so when it comes down to it, its just style & label preference

smaller niche independent makes has more variation of style and material. cazals are dope as are mykitas and LV

hopefully it makes your cross shopping easier

majority of designer sunglasses are made by a single manufacturer called luxottica - which is chanel, prada, burberry, etc...it is why one store carrying chanel will always have prada. quality control across the board is decent so when it comes down to it, its just style & label preference

smaller niche independent makes has more variation of style and material. cazals are dope as are mykitas and LV

Also IC Berlin makes amazing sunglasses
It’s a little on the expensive side though

I'm aware of Luxxottica for sure and they even own all of Sunglass Hut. Quality is definitely "decent" at best though. The fact that Luxottica is almost a monopoly in the eyewear industry and that they run and stock their own stores with their own products just signifies they have more wiggle room to make quality suffer. Ray Bans in the 40s-70s (not sure of exact timeline) were built like tanks, heavy and made to last almost a lifetime. These glasses nowadays are made with inferior materials and you're lucky if you get 2-3 years out of a frame without it warping, bending or outright breaking.

I'm aware of the "niche" or bespoke market of sunglasses too. Mykitas are dope, and I also like brands like Matsuda and LGR which make amazing quality glasses. I came across LGR and was super impressed holding a pair of their frames in my hand. They are heavy handmade acetate but the lenses they use are exclusively glass. The hinges and hardware are also very high quality. The story behind the brand is cool too. Basically an Italian guy who discovered his Grandpa's old sunglasses collection that was WW2 era and he used the same small Italian family to reproduce the frames to the same specs.

Nike VM has one pair of Kyrie 4 Black/Grapes on hash for $100 before discount. Size 8.5, nothing else really interesting.

Whenever you search Adidon on Google, results give you black face Drake lol
Not a good start to his Adidas venture

isnt pusha currently with adidas or were the eqt's a one time thing? would imagine some corporate heads at adidas saying something to pusha to not ruin adidon launch. but then again pusha said he not holding anything back

Anyone know of any good tailors in the Toronto/west end that can do a proper taper to denim?

^ kid’s and women’s shoes are 30% off

Same old stuff in men’s - shoes that have been there since week one are now dropping to $49.99

A few wind runner jackets and tech fleece in small and XL

Anyone know of any good tailors in the Toronto/west end that can do a proper taper to denim?

New Fashion & Dry Cleaners.
763 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1T9.
Ive been using this place for the last 2 years. See alot of Gucci & Stone Island pieces being dropped off to be altered.

Back
Top Bottom