Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Yeezy Supply shipped to family in New Jersey - $293 CAD converted. No state taxes for clothing and shoes. We get shafted so much in Canada. Make dope stuff for a decent price and I'll buy only local, but until then get your stuff together Ontario.

Nice pick up! But just a FYI - you pay for the "no sales tax on clothing and shoes" elsewhere... the government makes up that "luxury" by taxing something else higher and lack there of other services...

You'll learn to appreciate/understand why we have taxes here in Ontario once you start having children and when you're older/have family members who are older.

Granted.... the government should/can be spending our money better :smile:

ADCA, shipped today.
One for my cousin and one for the bae.

1A8C64FD-767C-4E27-9359-8810136DC49A.jpeg

Nice pick up! But just a FYI - you pay for the "no sales tax on clothing and shoes" elsewhere... the government makes up that "luxury" by taxing something else higher and lack there of other services...

You'll learn to appreciate/understand why we have taxes here in Ontario once you start having children and when you're older/have family members who are older.

Granted.... the government should/can be spending our money better :smile:

I mean, I get that we have universal healthcare, but even if they just charge us sales tax it's fine. The fact that we pay duties on anything over $25 when most other countries have like $300-400 of cushion before having to pay that is theft. Mainly because they're not doing anything to really benefit businesses from developing and sell products within the country. It's the same with alcohol for the most part with having it controlled privately and within a monopoly. And allowing telecom to do much the same. Instead of giving us a reason to shop in Canada, they're giving us a reason to not shop Internationally, and benefitting from products they didn't have any part in making. Plus often charging $10 or more to calculate the duties and taxes (which, somehow even for Canada Post brokerage doesn't work within the duties and taxes).

HOH and Jordan Store handed out wristbands already for tomorrow's AJ1 drop? that ****ing stinks like backdooring to me.

I mean, I get that we have universal healthcare, but even if they just charge us sales tax it's fine. The fact that we pay duties on anything over $25 when most other countries have like $300-400 of cushion before having to pay that is theft. Mainly because they're not doing anything to really benefit businesses from developing and sell products within the country. It's the same with alcohol for the most part with having it controlled privately and within a monopoly. And allowing telecom to do much the same. Instead of giving us a reason to shop in Canada, they're giving us a reason to not shop Internationally, and benefitting from products they didn't have any part in making. Plus often charging $10 or more to calculate the duties and taxes (which, somehow even for Canada Post brokerage doesn't work within the duties and taxes).

It's a bit more complicated than this, unfortunately.

There is a history associated with those specific industries mentioned, and something that is very difficult to abolish or strip away because of the close relationship(s) with government during their inception; ie. the history of Canada as a competitive country is tied directly to the Federal gov's reliance on these specific ventures (read: Prohibition; Bell's initial success).

And I'm assuming the dollar value referenced for bringing goods into a country is the US policy; we're comparing apples to oranges here as the size of their population can support relaxed taxation. I'll choose to avoid the discussion of the countries' willingness to provide social services, etc. as I'm sure we're on the same page with that.

It's a bit more complicated than this, unfortunately.

There is a history associated with those specific industries mentioned, and something that is very difficult to abolish or strip away because of the close relationship(s) with government during their inception; ie. the history of Canada as a competitive country is tied directly to the Federal gov's reliance on these specific ventures (read: Prohibition; Bell's initial success).

And I'm assuming the dollar value referenced for bringing goods into a country is the US policy; we're comparing apples to oranges here as the size of their population can support relaxed taxation. I'll choose to avoid the discussion of the countries' willingness to provide social services, etc. as I'm sure we're on the same page with that.

For sure, I wasn't trying to make it a whole thing, and I'm here to learn more. Was just throwing out my opinion.

Damn I’m downtown and people lining up and tripling up on the 1s today. Didn’t know these were so hyped. Thought they were just a plain Jane GR

Damn I’m downtown and people lining up and tripling up on the 1s today. Didn’t know these were so hyped. Thought they were just a plain Jane GR
Nah, they relabelled them as a QS apparently. Plus it's got the whole SBB blocking anyways so it's gonna get stupid hyped up for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom