Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Pretty much you were better off going across the border to Buffalo or Detroit and hitting the Nike outlets there for much more variety. A buddy of mine went to both cities right before the government ended the 72 hour land travel w/o PCR testing.

I wanted to stock up on dri-fit clothing and ball gear but outlets here have nothing. Even during a random mall visit a few weeks ago I hit Champs, Nike, FTL and Footaction...nothing good at all.

As far as CG XI's and future major AJ drops, seems like the system for big box stores is a piece-by-piece method. Handful online on release day, then random shock drops for months in-store. And sadly for the in-store drops, the average consumer won't know when they're dropping because it's unannounced plus there's resellers who literally hang out at the mall 7 days a week from open to close waiting for something to drop. Anywhere from 10-30 mins the stock is gone depending on total pairs. Being back downtown I see it Mon-Fri.

Also remember in 2022 production numbers have been cut drastically. Local boutiques have been getting notified from Nike this month that orders placed for 2022 either will shrink heavily or get cancelled altogether.

Anyone get a raffle win email from Nike for the patent bred AJ 1s?

No unfortunately no email for me or the wifey on patent 1’s.

Also Dunk ID’s have been popping up a lot over the last couple of weeks and I was able to make quite a few pairs till I got bored with the options. Key is to have designs already made to check out quick.

It’s def has been a struggle to get certain sneakers like the CG 11’s due to stock numbers effected by the pandemic, shipments arriving late, etc. I usually end up with 2-3 pairs of 11’s ever year but this year nothing. Frustrating but what can you do, life goes on and I hope to hit on a size 10-10.5 soon.

I feel it’ll only get harder to get certain kicks and like mentioned you may have to be in the right store at the right time to get kicks. This is def true as I have gotten kicks that I figured I missed only to be in store when I do my rounds.

Re: the IDs showing “out of stock” I figured it’s only available during operating hours in Asia (factory where they make it)

Got some Kyrie 7s done 2 months ago (tracking showed it came from Hong Kong) and during the design process it always showed OOS during our “normal” hours, but magically appeared back in stock later at night

97EB8539-CA9B-44E2-BBFA-83050818FD62.jpeg

C91FCE2E-3A39-41AC-9A37-B8B39E7D59E6.jpeg

Still keep an eye on your emails for the re-raffle. Both Nike's are still sitting on a good amount of stock in the AJ 1s. Shocked so many people didn't pick up.

HH

First time in there since May 2020, 5 min wait at 12 today.

20 off hash and clearance, pretty barren as per usual nicest thing there was Nike SFB boot with the gore tex, scattered sizing.

Racks were the usual running, gym and ball shoes aka pegs, metcon and PG/KD/soldiers. Some daybreaks.

Nicest shoes were the alphafly, next% and tempos.

Clothing was standard issue Nike, some TF, no ACG stuff.

Attempted with nomad this morning. Sold out in 1 minute.. not sure how they drew that box so quickly.

insane how hard it is to buy cool grey 11's online, and then seeing resellers with 10+ pairs

i miss in store only and never thought id say that

They dropped yesterday in-store at Nike TEC. A lot of pairs. Even some left overs when I passed by this morning.

Nowadays if it isn’t online with a bot your only chance sadly is catching a shock drop in-store.

They dropped yesterday in-store at Nike TEC. A lot of pairs. Even some left overs when I passed by this morning.

Nowadays if it isn’t online with a bot your only chance sadly is catching a shock drop in-store.

damn did not know about the drop in stores... how do people even find out about these when its after the official drop dates and just randomly dropped in stores?

Tried catching an in-store shock drop for Mocha 1's I think? Absolute pain in the ___ getting the text like 'They dropped at SQ1! Go there now! Now! Now!' and then being minutes late for it and having absolutely nothing else to do there.

Never again.

Nike yorkdale said they dropped the cool greys yesterday. I was planning on going there at opening but tried nomad online instead, and of course missed out. Online drops are a waste of time now

damn did not know about the drop in stores... how do people even find out about these when its after the official drop dates and just randomly dropped in stores?

Discord groups. You pay monthly to be in these discord groups to get insider info, direct atc links, undetectable auto-fill tricks etc etc etc. Some of the members in these groups are actual higher up/head office employees of Champs, FTL, Nike Canada, Livestock etc who are paid for the info. So literally when a shipment arrives, the second the decision is made to drop something, it's already posted in the discords.

Before discords all that info would be posted in public forums like this...for free. Now for the inside info you have to pay. In most cases its that, in other cases its groups of resellers that literally post up in the mall Sunday to Saturday from open to close, going in and out of stores hoping to catch a drop.

I know it's so bad now that places like Champs Eaton Centre, if you're a familiar face or look like a reseller they won't sell you the product. It's pretty brutal but that's capitalism.

Tried catching an in-store shock drop for Mocha 1's I think? Absolute pain in the ___ getting the text like 'They dropped at SQ1! Go there now! Now! Now!' and then being minutes late for it and having absolutely nothing else to do there.

Never again.

That was a crazy day. I got the text from a friend, who is in the discord, and rushed over to Yorkdale. Got there 10 mins after getting the message. Didn't get my size, so got an 11 instead. When I pulled up I recognized a bunch of faces, pretty much guys that were lined up the 1st few days in the mall leading up to the random drop. They pretty much hovered in and out the mall, in their cars in the parking lot, until the info was posted. Got my pair and went a few doors down to catch up with a friend. As we're chatting, all I saw was groups and groups of people sprinting towards Champs.

Never again.

This week alone there were 4 shock drops.

Tuesday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike TEC and YD
Wednesday - Cool Grey 11s at Nike TEC (and YD I think)
Thursday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike YD
Thursday - Atmosphere Womens AJ 1s at various FTLs

I missed the 1s on Tuesday but a few friends got, apparently Nike kept re-raffling pairs but people weren't picking up so they dropped them in-store. Wednesday I got a pair of CG 11s for the homie ferndaburn ferndaburn after seeing his post in here a few weeks ago wanting a pair.

Thursday I couldn't make it to YD. Went to TEC to run errands and visit my homegirl at her workplace. While catching up with her we saw a bunch of guys with Nike bags speed walking through the mall heading towards Nike, FTL. A clear sign something just dropped. We followed them, just curious to see whats up. Nike was quiet so whatever dropped was at FTL. When I pulled up it was already a zoo inside, a line of 25 guys, most with Nike bags, buying something.

When I asked an employee what dropped he told me those Womens AJ 1s. I asked hows the stock, he pointed to behind the counter and said whatever is there is all they had. They were selling them straight out the shipment box, so when I saw about 12-15 pairs I left. A good amount of people in the line didn't get, and as I was leaving more people were sprinting in the mall.

The guys with the Nike bags were people who took the train, ubered from YD after getting the Patents.

Back
Top Bottom