Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

This week alone there were 4 shock drops.

Tuesday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike TEC and YD
Wednesday - Cool Grey 11s at Nike TEC (and YD I think)
Thursday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike YD
Thursday - Atmosphere Womens AJ 1s at various FTLs

I missed the 1s on Tuesday but a few friends got, apparently Nike kept re-raffling pairs but people weren't picking up so they dropped them in-store. Wednesday I got a pair of CG 11s for the homie ferndaburn ferndaburn after seeing his post in here a few weeks ago wanting a pair.

Thursday I couldn't make it to YD. Went to TEC to run errands and visit my homegirl at her workplace. While catching up with her we saw a bunch of guys with Nike bags speed walking through the mall heading towards Nike, FTL. A clear sign something just dropped. We followed them, just curious to see whats up. Nike was quiet so whatever dropped was at FTL. When I pulled up it was already a zoo inside, a line of 25 guys, most with Nike bags, buying something.

When I asked an employee what dropped he told me those Womens AJ 1s. I asked hows the stock, he pointed to behind the counter and said whatever is there is all they had. They were selling them straight out the shipment box, so when I saw about 12-15 pairs I left. A good amount of people in the line didn't get, and as I was leaving more people were sprinting in the mall.

The guys with the Nike bags were people who took the train, ubered from YD after getting the Patents.

Im not willing to compete with people like that. Near the end of the line for me. Very soon my only purchases will be random semi-annual finds from the outlet hash wall

Im not willing to compete with people like that. Near the end of the line for me. Very soon my only purchases will be random semi-annual finds from the outlet hash wall
Im already well past that. I like sneakers but they dont mean that much to me to be hanging around a mall all day as a grown *** man :lol:. I dont even want to pay retail for anything :lol:

Im already well past that. I like sneakers but they dont mean that much to me to be hanging around a mall all day as a grown *** man :lol:. I dont even want to pay retail for anything :lol:
b85a299fdc6ba669e56f91c5dd65b3c3.gif

Look at what we've become.

This week alone there were 4 shock drops.

Tuesday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike TEC and YD
Wednesday - Cool Grey 11s at Nike TEC (and YD I think)
Thursday - Patent Bred 1s at Nike YD
Thursday - Atmosphere Womens AJ 1s at various FTLs

I missed the 1s on Tuesday but a few friends got, apparently Nike kept re-raffling pairs but people weren't picking up so they dropped them in-store. Wednesday I got a pair of CG 11s for the homie ferndaburn ferndaburn after seeing his post in here a few weeks ago wanting a pair.

Thursday I couldn't make it to YD. Went to TEC to run errands and visit my homegirl at her workplace. While catching up with her we saw a bunch of guys with Nike bags speed walking through the mall heading towards Nike, FTL. A clear sign something just dropped. We followed them, just curious to see whats up. Nike was quiet so whatever dropped was at FTL. When I pulled up it was already a zoo inside, a line of 25 guys, most with Nike bags, buying something.

When I asked an employee what dropped he told me those Womens AJ 1s. I asked hows the stock, he pointed to behind the counter and said whatever is there is all they had. They were selling them straight out the shipment box, so when I saw about 12-15 pairs I left. A good amount of people in the line didn't get, and as I was leaving more people were sprinting in the mall.

The guys with the Nike bags were people who took the train, ubered from YD after getting the Patents.

Appreciate you tremendously for looking out for me on the CG 11’s and many times in the past Q. I can’t thank you enough for everything you helped me out with over the years. The “culture” and a lot of people in it sadly only look out for themselves these days and the almighty dollar. But it’s nice to know people still help each other out with releases like back in the day. Starting to sound like the old guy 😂

The patent 1 release on Tuesday ( thought it was Monday) sucked big time. I remember it very clearly since I missed it by 2 hours. I saw a bunch of younger kids hanging by Nike while doing my rounds earlier in the day and I had a feeling something may be releasing but left and went home. I didn’t want to sit around waiting for the unknown and waste time like in the past. Frustrating to hear they released shortly after I went home smh. 🥴

I refuse to wait around anymore after the mocha 1 release and sitting in a mall waiting for the potential. That release was the nail in the coffin for me. I went to BCC over 3 days and wasted time hoping they’d release only to leave annoyed, tried, hungry and sort of defeated lol. Guess what? I said screw it on the fourth day and didn’t go to the mall and that’s the day they released. 🤬
Never again.

I can’t complain honestly because I haven’t missed out on too many kicks that I’ve wanted over the years and I’m grateful for being able to acquire what I have.

I too have become very selective in what I buy and if I miss out so be it. With a son on the way, I feel my energy from sneakers has slightly shifted but not in a sense that I’m retiring lol.

Last edited:
That’s what sneaker “culture” has become smh

Its been like that for a while, It is what it is. Can't complain at this point. Its either invest into bots and discord membership...OR live next to a major mall and WFH, work inside or near a major mall, work overnight or be unemployed and sit around the mall all day....OR just move on to other things.

The only chance an average consumer has at getting popular launch products for retail is entering raffles.

Appreciate you tremendously for looking out for me on the CG 11’s and many times in the past Q. I can’t thank you enough for everything you helped me out with over the years. The “culture” and a lot of people in it sadly only look out for themselves these days and the almighty dollar. But it’s nice to know people still help each other out with releases like back in the day.

Glad to help. Didn't want the 11s myself and knew they'd drop soon, was a just a matter of being around the day they dropped.

Lol. This is why I won’t pay a dime over retail to resellers. Kids are all about that clout. If they aren’t reselling, they’re paying $100 over retail so they can flex on IG, only to then try and sell those kicks 6 months later. VNDS, but well over retail. SMH. Do not feed the resellers.

And if you’re feeling a little disengaged with the sneaker game, remember why you got into it in the first place. I got into shoes because I wanted to be like Mike (and other NBA players), because I enjoyed the tech. While it’s been tough for me to get Jordans, it has been so ****ing easy for me to get shoes with new tech. I can cop kicks at the outlets with ease.

But if you got into kicks because it was the “cool thing to do”, or because you enjoyed having the hype shoes that others couldn’t get, well, there’s not much you can do. Basically, if you’ve ever paid a reseller, this is the environment you’ve helped foster.

One more thing about resellers - you know the game is ****ed up when people are reselling kids sizes. Now these ****s are price-gouging parents.

From my prospective, it was around 2016ish when the first Yeezy's were released and the NBA all star game was in Toronto that the whole sneaker game headed towards the ridiculousness it is in the GTA today.

One more thing about resellers - you know the game is ****ed up when people are reselling kids sizes. Now these ****s are price-gouging parents.

I think the amount of females wanting hype releases contributes to reselling kids sizes. When Yeezy 350 were super hard to get, size 4.5 would go for higher than size 10

From my prospective, it was around 2016ish when the first Yeezy's were released and the NBA all star game was in Toronto that the whole sneaker game headed towards the ridiculousness it is in the GTA today.

2009 is when things got bad. But yeah, I'd say 2016 was when it went up to a ridiculous level in the social media era. The Yeezy collection launched the year prior, NMDs and Boosts generated a new buzz, AJ 1s really started coming out heavy, the following year the Off-White "Ten" collection came out, etc etc etc.

But yeah like ahat ahat said, you have folks right now reselling rapid test kits in the GTA. It is what it is.

Today, Cool Grey XI's dropped at FTLs across the GTA. Heard a fight broke out at 306 Yonge. :smh:

Went down to Reigning Champ on Ossington this morning to do an exchange and as I turned onto Ossington I took notice to a lineup outside some store (didn't know what store it was at first, lol) and wifey was like "what are they lining up for???" and to be honest I straight up didn't know - as I am no longer about that lineup life. Once I was done at RC I decided to walk over and see what this lineup was all about as it was now no longer there. As I approached, I then realized that it was Size? so I said screw and went in...asked one of the workers what the lineup was about and they mentioned that they had dropped the IVs and XIs - well damn...figured it was worth a shot and asked if they had anymore, lol. Sure enough they still had stock of the XIs (8-9.5 only available at the time) but sold out on the IVs.

I have to be honest...the feeling of just walking into a store and copping a pair of kicks that just dropped is something that I truly miss after this experience, lol!

Back
Top Bottom