Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread . First (preseason) game in 2 days! Season Thread is up!

Originally Posted by brrraptors

theres a lot of talk about the raps picking derozan with the #9 pick. lets look at other options..

what about gerald henderson? hes a good shooter and he was a good on the ball defender at the college level.

some suggest earl clark but i'd imagine at 6'9" hes more of a combo forward than a #2. although hes quick for a big man, has impressive length and skill set.

do the raps take evans if he falls to #9 over derozan? whats good with holiday? do we pass on curry if he falls to #9? i know hes more of a PG than a SG but theres no denying he can score. theres a lotta knock on his size, athleticism, one dimentional style of play etc etc. but what about the other side of that picture, dude can just flat out score.

wish harden would fall to the raps but aint happening.

derozan's a solid selection. he's got the exact skillset and game that the raps need and are looking for as long as he keeps foced on being in the gameand consistent.

im unconvinced of tyreke being an impact player at either guard position in the nba. holiday is getting a ton of hype because flat out every gm in the historyever likes big guards, especially who can handle the rock a bit but he's not a point like everyone wants him to be. id be ecstatic if curry became araptor because he's one of my favourite college players ever but he doesnt really fill any needs other than perimeter scoring, and he does that by shootingwhile the raps need someone who can slash to the basket. whether or not he can score at the same calibre remains to be seen.

as for earl he's ultra talented so i wouldnt be furious if they drafted him but it's redundant if they want to re-sign trix.

if he can still contribute off the bench, bring energy every night, use that athleticism efficiently, show consistent improvement and develop a smart IQ then isay 2 seasons is not a bad time frame for him to become a legitimate end to end tough playing starter. i would be happy with raps taking derozan.

I am willing to give Evans the benefit of the doubt. theres the knock on him being selfish, very turnover prone and still needing to work on his IQ. but thedude has a terrific upside. hes got crazy athleticism, hes a good rebounder for his size and the sky is the limit for this guy. but hes very raw and is gonnaneed to develop a lot more than derozan or clark.

i am not sold on holiday at all. for one he doesn't fit our bill and secondly, hes more of a project than evans imo. he should stay in college for anotheryear.

chalk me up under the curry fanbase. i really believe dude makes up for his physical and defensive shortcomings by his IQ his jumper his assists and theability to light up the scoreboard. he'll fill his frame a little better as time goes by. i know he had some problems with faster athletic guards defendinghim but what're the chances a team in the nba is gonna put their best guard on curry until he proves to be a total star? his confidence translates into asmooth style of play. hits some tough shots off the dribble or set foot and makes it look very easy. hes just fun to watch in general.

i think curry's got 6th man of the year written all over him for some point in his career.

can relieve both guard spots and fill it up when necessary.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The similarities to Jason Terry are warranted.

no they're not.

terry is 31 years old and still getting up and banging on dudes.

curry has never been nor will he ever be that kind of an athlete.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The similarities to Jason Terry are warranted.

no they're not.

terry is 31 years old and still getting up and banging on dudes.

curry has never been nor will he ever be that kind of an athlete.

I'm not even gonna bother predicting who Colangelo takes, its impossible to get inside his mind and figure out what he's thinking.

06 "We're gonna be the Phoenix Suns of the East...have a bunch of great shooters and outscore our opponents in an entertaining fashion"

07 "We just led the league in 3ptm and finished last in rebounding...I'm gonna add Jason Kapono!"

08 "Da/mn, we're still a crappy rebounding team...lets get tougher and bring in Jermaine O'Neal."

09 "Got da/mn it, Jermaine O'Neal is a bum. Let me trade him for 2 month's worth of Shawn Marion."

09 "Hmm...I fired Sam Mitchell after an 8-9 start...Triano went 25-40. 25 wins > 8 wins...Let me make Triano the full time coach!"

09 "We need to get a solid inside prescense. Reggie Evans fits the bill! 3 rpg > 2 rpg. Sorry Jason, you're gonna have to go".

smh.gif

laugh.gif
@ that dumb %!% "Press Conference" yesterday introducingReggie Evans.

i actually liked reggie's demeanor in that press conf.

basically said every team needs a guy to get his hands dirty and he's going to be that guy.

i hoodwinked osh kosh bosh out of chris bosh and humphries for snaquille oatmeal today in that mock draft.

you cant even be mad that i swindled the hell outta your ***
laugh.gif
. that wasjust some awesome gm work on my part.

im tooting ny own horn, but i never intended you to accept the trade with the pick swap.

i knew when i withdrew the picks that you'd accept the deal and BAM you took the bait.
laugh.gif

mock drafts
laugh.gif
. solid clean fun.

ok on to the actual team.

turkoglu is a free agent this summer is he not?

he can score from various spots on the floor, shoot, slash, take the big shot.

price could be steep though.

Turkgulu is gonna get paid. 5 yrs/$70 mill+.

I think wee've got around $10 mill to spend on 1 player. I'd love to get Artest but it seems like he'll be going to a contender.

Andrea - Bosh - Delfino- Parker - Calderon

O'Bryant - Evans - Earl Clark - Graham- Ukic

Sign; Delfino and Parker

Draft Earl Clark

play nobody outside of that 10, nobody plays more than 35mins a night, and go back to that swarming style of defence we had back in 06

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Turkgulu is gonna get paid. 5 yrs/$70 mill+.

I think we've got around $10 mill to spend on 1 player. I'd love to get Artest but it seems like he'll be going to a contender.

[size=+1]T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
[/size] [size=+1]BANWAGON TRIAL MEMBERSHIP[/size]
[size=+1]LeBron and Bosh in 2010[/size]

go back to that swarming style of defence we had back in 06
the raptors have never ever played defense that could be described as swarming .

the raptors have never ever played defense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jordan23mike23

Andrea - Bosh - Delfino- Parker - Calderon

O'Bryant - Evans - Earl Clark - Graham- Ukic

Sign; Delfino and Parker

Draft Earl Clark

play nobody outside of that 10, nobody plays more than 35mins a night, and go back to that swarming style of defence we had back in 06
This team would be lucky to win 25 games. I'm dead serious.

It seems like Raptors fans have some serious amnesia. Whats with all this love for Carlos Chuckfino? His shot selection was atrocious, he was extremelyinconsistent and his defense was nothing special. Did he even shoot 40% as a Raptor? This herb would take 3pt shots 2 metres behind the line with 18 secondsleft on the shot clock. That cr.ap drove me crazy
smh.gif

Here's what our team will look like in October...

Bargnani - Bosh - Draft pick/FA - Draft pick/FA - Calderon

Parker isnt coming back...he can find another team to pay him $5 mill/season to be mediocre. If the Raptors dont make a qualifying offer to Joey Graham by June30, he's going to be an UFA. I dont think he'll be back...good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom