OFFICIAL .tOSU vs Meechigan...Roses for those Buckeyes.!!!!!

i stuck with lloyd all this time. now, i can't %*@*@!$ wait until he is gone. say what you want about osu's d (gholston had a great game) , but thatwas the worst playcalling i've ever seen. it almost makes me think lloyd is coming back, because he certainly didn't leave it all on the field.

All the hype for this garbage game. How the hell do you only get 91 yards on offense? How? In a rivalry game, smh.

please name two richer rivalries than OSU-UM.
The OSU/UM and Red Sox/Yankees rivalry are only as big as they are because of ESPN. There are other college football rivalries out there thatcarry just as much clout but don't get the hype that these to get from the folks in Bristol.

Originally Posted by swendro88

i stuck with lloyd all this time. now, i can't %*@*@!$ wait until he is gone. say what you want about osu's d (gholston had a great game) , but that was the worst playcalling i've ever seen. it almost makes me think lloyd is coming back, because he certainly didn't leave it all on the field.
Worst playcalling? Uh no, if Henne didn't throw high balls and the receivers didn't drop balls the offense might have moved the ballbetter. Henne should've just taken the L and let Mallett start the game.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

All the hype for this garbage game. How the hell do you only get 91 yards on offense? How? In a rivalry game, smh.

please name two richer rivalries than OSU-UM.
The OSU/UM and Red Sox/Yankees rivalry are only as big as they are because of ESPN. There are other college football rivalries out there that carry just as much clout but don't get the hype that these to get from the folks in Bristol.

You're kidding me? Take your L and log off. OSU/UM was big before ESPN even big. Now the Boston/New York rivalry, I believe ESPN hype that up.

JR5

The OSU/UM and Red Sox/Yankees rivalry are only as big as they are because of ESPN. There are other college football rivalries out there that carry just as much clout but don't get the hype that these to get from the folks in Bristol.
.... wow. OSU/UM goes back a LOOOOOOONG time, dude... before ESPN and all that.

hahahah this quote reminded me of this... i dont know why but it did...

burgundy_espn.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif

Also, OSU and UM is once a year, every November, last game of the regular season, etc-- been going on LONG before ESPN, word to Woody and Bo.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
michigan is trash remember that official college football post & it wasmostly wolverines fans

LOL at who ever thinks the OSU/UM rivalry isnt the BIGGEST rivarly in all sports...and SMH at the dude who said it was because of ESPN...you're joking,right? Ask the great himself ,Woody (RIP) if it's because ESPN...dude refused to buy gas in MIchigan for God's sake...get out of this thread.

OSU/UM is a great rivalry but it is still only arguably the greatest rivalry in sports. Baseball people think it's the Yanks/Sox, college basketball peoplethink its UNC/Duke, etc, etc.

good run loyd but its time to call it quits. i just pray to god they don't revert to old school michigan guy when choosing a new coach. as much as it painsto say this hats off to OSU for kicking the %@$# out of michigan the past few times.

The rivalry is taking a massive hit because Michigan has decided to let this old fart stay around and Tre$$ell has destroyed this dude on the reg. I would giveanything to have a coach like Tre$$ell. He just knows a lot about football with the X's and O's. Apparently that means something with a head coach.Don't tell that to Michigan. We feel that having a good person is more important. Now the word is people are hedging on Miles because he has some skeletonsin his closet? Get outta here. That is complete trash. If they hire a lesser coach who has proved nothing on the field except that he is a stand up guy, itwill be worse than when Cooper was in Columbus. They need to do something drastic. Under LLLLLLoyd Carr they have set the program back many years. People canclaim that NC that he won all they want but that was setup by Gary Moeller, a so called "disgrace" of a coach. Well guess what, Moeller producedwinners. He didn't bring the first 5 loss team to Ann Arbor in the last 30 years. He didn't bring the first loss to a D-1AA school in the history of aTop 25 program AT HOME to Ann Arbor. He didn't bring 4 straight Bowl Losses to Ann Arbor. He didn't bring 6 losses to the Browneyes in 7 years to AnnArbor. He didn't let the Wolverines fall out of the Top 25 a handful of times. And now you have the coach at the #1 school in college football, who loveshis university, sitting right there with his bags packed and you are a little worried because he has changed with the times and said some things that you mighthave a problem with because you are "holier than him"? If this isn't the most arrogant thinking by an administrative team, then please show meit. Also, you want this clown who has turned this schools once proud football program into a joke for the nation to give your approval on his successor? Cutthe old fart lose Bill Martin and go for a winning mentality. If not, we will not finish in front of tO$U, Illinois or Wisconsin for a long time.

Thank God we might have a leader at QB for the next couple of years. It sucks when a kid comes in with an attitude and the older guys on the team are upsetwith it. Well guess what guys, this QB has a chance to win against the Browneyes and a Bowl game, something you losers NEVER did. Damn, another 5 loss season.Thanks alot Henne, Long, Crable, Adams, Brick, Kraus. The only guys I left off were Hart and Englemon because they seemwed like they wanted to play this year.The rest have the arrogance all around them that makes them a joke.

Englemon got trucked by Beanie yesterday
roll.gif

Long got worked by V on the speed tip, AND Haywood straight bull rushed him.

Originally Posted by IYE2

Englemon got trucked by Beanie yesterday
roll.gif

Long got worked by V on the speed tip, AND Haywood straight bull rushed him.

Not going by JUST today. Going by the entire year. Nobody played good on Michigan except for Zoltan Mesko (thanks Ohio) The biggest difference is coaching.Both on field and in the offseason. Funny thing is, Michigan has had better recruiting classes than the Browneyes but man, does Tre$$ell and his boys developtalent. That is something I would love to see Michigans next coach do. The funniest thing I heard today was that Michigan has voluntary workouts in the summerwhere most of the guys that show up do not even take it seriously. What a joke. No wonder everybody on our team gets injured, they don't take care ofthemselves.

Mad props to tO$U, you guys have a hell of a coach and I am very jealous of the way he coaches. May not have the best morals from his past sanctions but atthe end of the day Wins and Losses is all that matters. Nobody does it better, IMO, than The Vest. Congrats.

You're kidding me? Take your L and log off. OSU/UM was big before ESPN even big.
When did I say that it wasn't big. Damn, you guys jump on something without comprehending what is written/typed.

OSU and UM is one of the biggest rivalries in college football without a doubt. The pub that it gets on ESPN is far greater than any other rivalry in collegefootball and there are some that have been going for just as long. I'm just pointing out that OSU and UM is not the biggest rivalry hands down. I said onPage 1, "good thing you put arguable", since "biggest rivalry" usually depends on region. The reason I made the ESPN comment, is because UMand OSU gets beaten over your head....over......and over...and over....again. Gameday was there the whole week, every day there were UM and OSU alums on ESPNand ESPN News. Documentaries, the list goes on. Just OD, but that is what ESPN does.

So basically you can't name any other rivalry.

Get out of here, you are talking to the wrong person, here are just a FEW:

Texas/Oklahoma
Alabama/Auburn
USC/Notre Dame
USC/UCLA
Auburn/Georgia
Georgia/Florida
Florida/Tennessee

Then there are regional rivalries that have been going on for more than 100 years:

Washington/Washington St.
Oregon/Oregon St
Pitt/WVU
Clemson/South Carolina
Stanford/Cal
Georgia/Georgia Tech
Arizona/Arizona St.
Texas/Texas A&M

Once again, for the slow readers....

Is UM and OSU one of the biggest rivalries in college football? Yes, without a doubt.

Is UM and OSU "THE" biggest college football rivalry, as some of the people in this thread have mentioned? No

"we all know what happened after "The Game". "

was that really called for.... do we need to pull the stanford card out...?

does ESPN overhype stuff... of course they are a 24/7 sports network.... im a die hard buckeye fan, but I think they did over do it last year, calling it the"Game of the centry" even before they played, (good thing for both schools that it was a Great game).... but really it comes down to the traditionand the amont of championships that have been dictitaed by the winner of this game... I think it shows that the big ten care more about tradition than money orother bs because it would be easy with 11 teams in the big ten to schedule tOSU/UM every other year to give the big 10 a better shot at having a school in theship' or schedule the game as early as possible so the team who loses will still have a change to climb the poll, because the game is ALWAYS be that lastgame of the season...when in the BCS you can have a loss, but it better be a loss early in the season..!

does ESPN overhype stuff... of course they are a 24/7 sports network.... im a die hard buckeye fan, but I think they did over do it last year, calling it the "Game of the centry" even before they played, (good thing for both schools that it was a Great game)....
That's the stuff I am talking about, and people buy into it. Kind of like all the hype USC got before the Texas game. As a big USC fan I was
smh.gif
, I would tune out when they would talk about USC, because it was unwarrantedhype.

but really it comes down to the tradition and the amont of championships that have been dictitaed by the winner of this game... I think it shows that the big ten care more about tradition than money or other bs because it would be easy with 11 teams in the big ten to schedule tOSU/UM every other year to give the big 10 a better shot at having a school in the ship' or schedule the game as early as possible so the team who loses will still have a change to climb the poll, because the game is ALWAYS be that last game of the season...when in the BCS you can have a loss, but it better be a loss early in the season..!
A lot of rivalries care about traditions and if you notice, a lot of the rivalries are played on the same weekends (Texas-OU, ND/USC) that theyhave always been played, because before there was no BCS. All of the Pac 10 "rivalry games" are played on the last weekend of conference play. WhenUSC plays ND in South Bend they always play in mid-October, when they play at SC they play in mid-November. Due to the difficulty of travel in bad weather,back in the day. USC plays UCLA in it's last game every year, except when their is a scheduling quirk. Texas plays aTm as their last game and they play OUaround mid-October when the Texas State Fair is taking place as well.

The OSU-UM rivalry has tradition and all that jazz, which makes it a great rivalry. However, there are other rivalries that have the same traditions and havethe same implications.

Even if the Big 10 finally gets a 12th team, Notre Dame, OSU and UM will still play. Just like Alabama and Auburn play every year in the SEC,Tennessee-Florida, etc. It would be difficult for the Big 10, with its 11 teams, to schedule it every other year. The outrage would be enourmous and therevenue that will be lost will not bode well for either Michigan or Ohio State. There is a reason why certain teams don't miss each other on the schedule,even in big conferences like the SEC, ACC or Big XII.

When the College Football season was 10-11 games long, UCLA and USC would always play. There were years that we wouldn't play Washington, Oregon, etc. But,every year, UCLA was at the bottom end of the schedule.

explicity name the CFB rivalry that is bigger than OSU-Mich:
This is what I am talking about,
smh.gif

OSU thank you for beating us this year, therefore Lloyd can finally retire and a new Michigan era can begin. Lloyd Carr=underacheive w/ top flight talent.

if you can't name the game, then just take the L like Jrose said... don't just sit there and talk nonsense
If what I said isn't enough, either you are very stubborn or really short sighted.

Ohio State vs Michigan is hands down greatest CFB rivalry... if you try to argue that youre a fool

OSU owns us
frown.gif

Looking to start a new era and get somethings rolling around here. I don't want to have to wait until after the bowl game to find out whats going on andpotentially lose out on a lot of recruits, but next year is gonna be BIG TIME for recruiting.

Karnell Hatcher decommit in the next several months anybody?
laugh.gif

Ohio State vs Michigan is hands down greatest CFB rivalry... if you try to argue that youre a fool

You are a fool if you believe everything that is shoved down your throat by ESPN.

Is Michigan/OSU the biggest rivalry in the Michigan/Ohio area? Hell yeah it is, there is no doubt, hands down it is the biggest rivalry in that region. Go tothe South, Southwest and West and see if you get that answer.

"The Best rivalry in college football" is based on region.

Looking to start a new era and get somethings rolling around here. I don't want to have to wait until after the bowl game to find out whats going on and potentially lose out on a lot of recruits, but next year is gonna be BIG TIME for recruiting.
I wouldn't lose too much sleep thinking about losing recruits if I was the Maize and Blue. If they get the big name they want (Les Miles),they don't have a thing to worry about, and the turnaround would be quick, kind of like when he took over for Nick Saban at LSU.

Michigan is one of those teams that will always be loaded with talent. Michigan fans should be happy that you guys lost to Appy State, Oregon and OSU (All inthe Big House
eek.gif
), sure it caused heartache, but it finally gotLloyd Carr out of there. He took you guys to the promised land once, but he has led loaded teams to mediocrity.

You are a fool if you believe everything that is shoved down your throat by ESPN.

smh.gif
this started way before they even made ESPN, like the 5th time your being told in this thread

this started way before they even made ESPN, like the 5th time your being told in this thread
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

I have never said that the rivalry began with ESPN, I know the origins of it. That is not what I am trying to say.
laugh.gif

ESPN launched in 1979
The OSU/UM rivalry began in 1897

This whole thought that Michigan/OSU is the biggest rivalry in college football began with ESPN, since they have a national audience. Like I said, plenty oftimes. "The biggest college football rivalry" is based on region.

Go to Alabama and tell them that OSU/UM is bigger than Auburn and Alabama, see what kind of reaction you get.

Thats just like saying Duke Vs. N. Carolina aint the biggest rivalry in CBB only because it's not neccessarily of your concern due to what region your inand what conference you follow the most...at the end of the day, it aint JUST ESPN that covers the hell outta OSU vs UofM, its every media outlet that coverssports (you aint heard about that HBO documentary?), all of which is some hype-machine conspiracy? Be logical for a sec, its not like the sports media justsaid "lets pick random sports rivalries and hype them" out the blue...

Back
Top Bottom