OFFICIAL TRAVEL GUIDE: JAPAN

So it’s not good because you got lost? :lol:

To go to 1 station , from Shinjuku I literally have to change train 2 times ?
Both times I have to leave the station and find the next train . In comparison to HK it’s just straight forward

Hitting Tokyo for the 2nd time in a couple of weeks! I’m also hitting Korea for the first time.

Hitting Tokyo at the end of this year.

Went to South Korea, Singapore and Indonesia in September.

Hoping Tokyo is much more fun.

Gotta bring this thread back with some of my Japan pics.

Meat Skewer:
IMG_5226.JPG

Karaage:
IMG_5580.JPG

Yamazaki Distillery:
IMG_7171.JPG

French Toast:
IMG_7761.JPG

Last edited:
Just came back from Asia , spend a month there . Did Tokyo for 5 nights . Thailand for 2 weeks and a half , and a week in Hong Kong .

Biggest mistake was not buying a sucia card ! And whoever is saying Tokyo Train system is good , is a damn liar , sh*t made me miss my flight to Bangkok , they have too many damn lines

Google maps is actually really good when it comes to navigating through Japan's train systems.

They give you the times, stops, and everything.

They are pretty on time as well.

-Drew

im looking to live there in the future after what was described to me. however, i did some further research and it seems like the japanese destroy their homes after 30 years and re-build them.. so the joints must be flimsy as hell and probly not a good idea to be doing real-estate where u renting it out (property value does not appreciate)

edit: couple that in with earthquakes & typhoons or whatever.. not the best idea

Real estate in Japan? That’s 20hrs away.

i like that tsuta and nakiryu aren't in his 2019 top tokyo ramen spots.
nothing has topped the bowl of miso ramen i had at kururi (which is now closed).

i dunno if this helps anyone, but we run a site dedicated to travel information around Japan. Good for popular siteseeing spots and info on places outside of the main areas (Tokyo, Osaka).
Also any feedback/recommendations would be welcome

https://travel.gaijinpot.com

what's the best city to fly into (and stay at) if we want to be around tokyo (flying to / staying in tokyo would cost the most, right?) planning on going in Late March/April.

Back
Top Bottom