Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

In 10 years, reps will be accepted. There's a generational split.
Gen Z not only accepts them, they take pride in wearing them :lol:
The reps from before that were easy to spot and tell are gone. Honestly, unless you compare a few side by side or really know what to look for, it's scary out there. That's exactly why those trav highs have dropped in resell so much. Fakes were probably getting through.

And I agree. The new gen definitely don't have that taboo mindset about wearing reps. When asked, at least most don't hide the fact that it's reps either. It's the *******s who try to sell fakes as real that really ruin it.

It's wild over in the basketball performance sneaker thread.

People talking about kobe reps performing better than actual ones
Lol I'm in the Kobe thread too. That's what I hear, or at least that it's comparable in performance to retails. And honestly, I don't think people wanna mess up 500-600 dollar kobes on the court for like 2 months before having to retire them. And it's definitely on Nike for not releasing more Kobes since the time that the contract has been renewed. Anyway, back on topic. I believe all my L's are accounted for from EQL.

lol fr. i couldnt even get the lost and found 1s or wc3s on snkrs as large as those numbers were.

Local instore raffles carried. But yea its annoying
lapstone and hammer is my closest instore. atmos only does things on line now adays. and I have to get friends to enter in person at prosper. i dont have a good success record but i did win lost and founds at lapstone which was cool.

10 years ago i would give them major side eye. in 2023 i dont have an alternative to give them other than spend the unreasonable amounts of money that we spend on shoes lol i spent 1700 on a pair of off white 4s last year and that well UNDER market lol its a sad life

7DE936F8-C58D-4F0B-8F34-F16395E4B846.png

Lmao

I’m definitely not condoning the purchase of reps but you don’t have to wake up early for Ls, you not filling out 30+ raffle tickets, you aren’t paying Nikes inflated MSRP and you can see the exact shoe you are getting before they ship them for a shoe that 99% of the time only YOU know is fake. 😂. Not to mention people assume my Mocha High TS 1s are fake because of resell price anyway even though I paid $175 on release date. Me personally, I’m too prideful to wear replicas. But I don’t condone paying resellers either.

Last edited:
A fake is a fake.
Yup.

This a problem that Nike caused themselves and they'll have to change their methods at some point. By limiting the number of shoes that actually go to the consumer base and allowing bots & stockX to flourish, they created this monster. .

That hype also creates a larger market for fakes because why would I stress about all these raffles I know I have no shot in, or pay $800 over retail for a shoe that looks almost exactly like the fake pair?

I've never bought a pair of fakes, and probably never will... but I totally understand why people go the reps route now. It's too hard to get the shoes you want.

if nike forced shops to be accountable for the stock of hyped drops from the time they take the delivery to the time they make the sale things would not be nearly as screwed up. force these shops to be more transparent if they want to participate at the tier 0 level. open themselves up to nike audits to make sure customer experience isnt being impacted. they NEED those hyped drops to bolster their brands and unless a lot of noise is made, nike doesnt do anything about it. More pairs would definitely help bust if the system is flawed youll still have issues.

if nike forced shops to be accountable for the stock of hyped drops from the time they take the delivery to the time they make the sale things would not be nearly as screwed up. force these shops to be more transparent if they want to participate at the tier 0 level. open themselves up to nike audits to make sure customer experience isnt being impacted. they NEED those hyped drops to bolster their brands and unless a lot of noise is made, nike doesnt do anything about it. More pairs would definitely help bust if the system is flawed youll still have issues.
So many ways around audits though, stores sell for cash backdoor weeks early, then scan a ghost barcode on release date. Only way Nike can 100% prevent all the fiasco is to only sell very limited drops on Nike.com with exclusive access.

Let's all be real. There's no easy fix for Nike. If they simply produce more, that'll just water down the "hype" and then people won't want it. Look at how the lucky green and taxi J1's have been. They made em plentiful and barely anyone wants em. People can say "oh it's the shade of the shoe, blah blah blah" but we all know those would've sold for an easy 260-300 during 2018-2021. When they make a ton of shoes available, people don't want it. Also thinking of the J4 thunder coming out.

Nike is probably making record profits every year. They don’t need to change a single thing for themselves

I said this too. The rep movement is growing as we speak. You have people wearing fakes to sneaker shows, shoetubers reviewing fakes and wearing them to see reactions in public, wearing em to the mall, foot locker etc. Gen Zs lead the charge in this and the rep movement will only get stronger unless Nike really does something about it.

Yup.

This a problem that Nike caused themselves and they'll have to change their methods at some point. By limiting the number of shoes that actually go to the consumer base and allowing bots & stockX to flourish, they created this monster. .

That hype also creates a larger market for fakes because why would I stress about all these raffles I know I have no shot in, or pay $800 over retail for a shoe that looks almost exactly like the fake pair?

I've never bought a pair of fakes, and probably never will... but I totally understand why people go the reps route now. It's too hard to get the shoes you want.
Everything isn’t for everyone. We’re not all going to hit every shoe we want. If I strike out & still want a shoe, I’m going to just buy it, not spend real money on a fake to play pretend. That needs to stay off NT.

I mean if folks wanna buy a fake because they’re washed and strike out all the time that’s their money, just don’t try to sell it to someone else as real

Just curious…did Slam Jam put a pending charge on your card when you entered the raffle? There’s been one on mine, but wondering if they just did that to everyone.
Yes, they did. It's still pending but in the email they said it'd drop off in like 5-7 business days. I already knew what it was but figured I'd try anyway.

So many ways around audits though, stores sell for cash backdoor weeks early, then scan a ghost barcode on release date. Only way Nike can 100% prevent all the fiasco is to only sell very limited drops on Nike.com with exclusive access.

while that’s true the point is to put more hurdles in place to disincentivize it. If an accountability system it makes it more cumbersome to backdoor then more shops open themselves up to making a mistake and putting their tier 0 status at risk or their entire Nike account for that matter. Nike corporate should have more of a presents on the ground as well. In theory I like the idea of these tier 0 boutiques being community sneaker/fashion centers. And when done right it could and should be a dope a experience. But we’re far away from that at the moment and it doesn’t look like Nike is putting much pressure on their partners to do anything differently.

not spend real money on a fake to play pretend.

Pretend to be what though? While I generally agree, I don’t want to put myself (or other people like me) up there as superior or some sort of gold standard because I spend a lot of money on shoes. That doesn’t make me better or more special than anyone

Pretend to be what though? While I generally agree, I don’t want to put myself (or other people like me) up there as superior or some sort of gold standard because I spend a lot of money on shoes. That doesn’t make me better or more special than anyone
Very well said brother. I’m 27 years old and make almost $200k; I’d consider myself in the .01% for my age to wealth bracket but there’s absolutely no chance I’d consider paying resell of $1k + for a sneaker I know damn well costs $3 to manufacture.

There’s far more important things to me I’d rather spend money or save money on… but I’ve come to learn the sneaker game now is all about flexing and how much you paid for your pair. Reality is half these dudes paying $1k + on sneakers drive a Honda civic and make sub six-figures but if they can flex their Travis’s at the club, that gives them a sense of gratification. To each their own… I’ll keep driving my $70k BMW and save my money for a house 😂

There is no superiority, there are real shoes, & there are fake shoes. Fakes are diluting & taking away what makes this special to begin with.

There is no superiority, there are real shoes, & there are fake shoes. Fakes are diluting & taking away what makes this special to begin with.
What makes it special? The fact that someone who had a retail pair either hit the lottery or paid a ridiculous amount of money and rewarded botters, scalpers, and a massive billion dollar company purposely limiting inventory to drive hype?

I don’t disagree, but it’s easy for me to say that because I can afford to participate in this current version of the sneaker market and keep what made it special in tact. When I was growing up I could fully take part in the culture without having to have a 6 figure salary. You could could do it with birthday money and chore money. I might not have been able to buy everything but I didn’t have to settle for fusions and knock downs because the “cool” shoes were sold out and expensive. For myself, I wouldn’t wear reps because you’re right, it wouldn’t feel special, but I’m not gonna police or look down on folks who might go that route because of how this has turned into such an upper middle class/upper class hobby.

I might feel a little bit more protective over the culture if it ever returns back to being more accessible/equitable. But in its current state I’m fine with letting people rock

Back
Top Bottom