OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

After having my Curry One pair for a little over two weeks now, I'm experiencing a bit of trouble with the traction. It might have to do with the courts I play on though. They're indoors, relatively new, and are well taken care of. However, there is usually a little dirt/dust/etc probably from other players.

The first game I played in them, they were awesome and gripped the floor very well. But soon they picked up too much dust and I have to use a bit of spit, sweat, or a wet paper towel. After I wipe the bottoms down they're excellent again.

Normally, I'd say maybe it's the floor, but the other players at the gym usually never have problems with traction. So I'm not sure if the shoes just have such good traction that they pick up a lot of dust.

Not a huge deal because once I wipe, the traction is A1, but it's just that I feel like I'm wiping so often.

Great shoe overall though. I love the stability and I think the cushioning has really broken in.

I have the same problem and mentioned it several times. The herringbone is flat and it picks up dust quickly. I'm always wiping the bottoms at my gym.

Just wondering about Curry wearing the Candy Reigns for tonights game, doesn't this colorway violate the NBA uniform rules? I know players can wearing different color shoes during green week or hoop for troops, in this case random? Im not even mad, they look real good on court :lol:

@jaypeeaye23 Those birthday Spawns are fire!! :smokin

I was wondering the same thing. Baby face Steph can get away with it I guess lol. Why is Spike in the building?!?

Hows the charged tech compared to Nike's zoom air?

I'm kinda done with high price range of nike but the zoom really works for my knees..

someone just did a cf drive vs curry 1 video on youtube

That's me. I didn't post here because I don't want to shamelessly plug myself :lol:

If I had to pick one over the other, I'd go with the Drive, but it's a win/win either way. The Curry 1 is an excellent introduction to Under Armour if anyone hasn't played in UA before.

Hows the charged tech compared to Nike's zoom air?

I'm kinda done with high price range of nike but the zoom really works for my knees..

I think it's more about the Micro G than the Charged. I don't feel a huge difference between regular Micro G and Micro G + Charged. It's very different from Nike Zoom though, and it also depends on which form of Zoom (Max zoom, met bags, caged, etc.). It's easier to compare to Lunarlon since both are foam cushionings. Micro G to me is much more durable, provides better impact protection and is just as responsive and springy, if not more. Lunarlon may have the edge in terms of court feel, but that's also related to the thickness of the insole or lunarlon pads.

I can't speak for your knees, but I feel great playing extensively in Micro G. 5 9", 170, 30 years old. I also play in Hyperrevs and Kobe V's occasionally, and I love me some good old zoom, but I personally find the Clutchfit Drive to be the best for my feet/joints after long sessions.

That's me. I didn't post here because I don't want to shamelessly plug myself :lol:

If I had to pick one over the other, I'd go with the Drive, but it's a win/win either way. The Curry 1 is an excellent introduction to Under Armour if anyone hasn't played in UA before.
I think it's more about the Micro G than the Charged. I don't feel a huge difference between regular Micro G and Micro G + Charged. It's very different from Nike Zoom though, and it also depends on which form of Zoom (Max zoom, met bags, caged, etc.). It's easier to compare to Lunarlon since both are foam cushionings. Micro G to me is much more durable, provides better impact protection and is just as responsive and springy, if not more. Lunarlon may have the edge in terms of court feel, but that's also related to the thickness of the insole or lunarlon pads.

I can't speak for your knees, but I feel great playing extensively in Micro G. 5 9", 170, 30 years old. I also play in Hyperrevs and Kobe V's occasionally, and I love me some good old zoom, but I personally find the Clutchfit Drive to be the best for my feet/joints after long sessions.

:wow: same bro.. although im just turning 30 in sept.. cue didwebecomebestfriend.gif :lol:

Anyway, i play mostly in Kobe V and KD7 so whatever zoom is in there.. i have played in Kobe 8s and 9s, i like em but at this age.. zoom definitely feels a lot better in terms of impact protection and i still loves the springy effect.

Kobe 5 is still my top 1 ball shoes, so if Curry 1s feels the same then im all for the UA turn. Kobe 10 came out again with the zoom but i'm waiting for the elite version.

After the Kobe V... I really couldn't find another shoe to ball in. Literally, the soles on them are bare. 

Tried a bunch of different KDs.... Later Kobe models (6,7,8,10 were all let downs), but nothing really could compare tot he Vs.

Quite pleased with the Curry Ones thus far, although I have yet to test them out on the court. Has a good feel to it. Excited to break in my Dark Matters from the restock. 

Well if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If zoom works for you, then why mess with that? 

I don't think the Curry 1 feels like the Kobe V at all.  The Kobe V has more noticeable lace pressure after a while, which makes sense because it's a low, with fewer eyelets, but also just the overall design.  Both the Curry 1 and CF Drive do a great job of dispersing lace pressure.

They both have great transition, great court feel and responsiveness.  But Zoom is Zoom and it's hard to compare with a foam based setup.  I was wary of playing in foam shoes before, but the right foam setups can be amazing.  Micro G is my favorite at the moment.

First time posting on here, being an avid Curry collector I thought it was only right I jump into the mix. Finally was able to grab a double in my size of the Homes to go along with the DM and CR, the Ones are extremely comfortable on foot and I'm happy to have a pair to rock while I wait for the Underdogs and Home Camo. 

was browsing videos about Curry one on youtube and i think candy reigns' and homes' toe box is kinda different when compared to the darkmatters'...
to anyone who have them, am i right about that?
Is the toe box of CR and Homes are not that glossy?
because if they are not that glossy, then maybe, just maybe, they are not going to have that "battle scars" problem that easy

was browsing videos about Curry one on youtube and i think candy reigns' and homes' toe box is kinda different when compared to the darkmatters'...
because if they are not that glossy, then maybe, just maybe, they are not going to have that "battle scars" problem that easy
Candy Reigns aren't glossy, Home and Dark Matters are.

I can confirm chipping on the glossy paint as a result of basketball.

Candy Reigns aren't glossy, Home and Dark Matters are.

I can confirm chipping on the glossy paint as a result of basketball.
What is chipping on the curry?

and i thought that it will last longer before having that problem because of not being glossy...really wondering because the toe box of the spawn 2s are not having that problem(they could have used that material)...

p.s
back of my cfd lows got battle scarred today.... :frown:

so do you think im right when i said that the CR wouldnt be that prone to those "battle scars"

so do you think im right when i said that the CR wouldnt be that prone to those "battle scars"
No 'Battle Scars' on any Curry's at this point. I'd say all are prone to scuffing equally, but nothing like the Award Season, Christmas, Notre Dame Drives.., and Scorpios. 

Last edited:

No 'Battle Scars' on any Curry's at this point. I'd say all are prone to scuffing equally, but nothing like the Award Season, Christmas, Notre Dame Drives.., and Scorpios. 
some guys in a group that i belong have this problems though

some guys in a group that i belong have this problems though
Yea, those would count as scuffs to me. Looks like the paint did rub on the heel chip there, but if it were paint that chips ("battle scars") it would be more of a solid piece of paint coming off. That's just me though. Not sure how hard his heel chip was scratched. How does that even happen? 

I have the same problem and mentioned it several times. The herringbone is flat and it picks up dust quickly. I'm always wiping the bottoms at my gym.

I'm having the same issue with my Homes. These shoes just grab dust quickly. Traction is still usable with the dusty bottoms - I'm not skating everywhere. It's just nowhere near as great as is it when the bottoms are clean. I'm literally wiping my homes every 5 minutes or so.

I have the same chipping on my homes. Happened the first or second time I wore them for an extended run. I would like it to be more durable, but it's not a big deal.

Well if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If zoom works for you, then why mess with that?

I don't think the Curry 1 feels like the Kobe V at all. The Kobe V has more noticeable lace pressure after a while, which makes sense because it's a low, with fewer eyelets, but also just the overall design. Both the Curry 1 and CF Drive do a great job of dispersing lace pressure.

They both have great transition, great court feel and responsiveness. But Zoom is Zoom and it's hard to compare with a foam based setup. I was wary of playing in foam shoes before, but the right foam setups can be amazing. Micro G is my favorite at the moment.

The Curry 1s feel like a much better version of the Fly Wade 2s. Great transition, court feel, and ventilation with very good cushioning. Cushioning doesn't feel like zoom at all. As far as foam cushionings go, Micro G is the best and mosty springy IMO. The Charged cushioning in the Curry 1s are close but a little different. I still love zoom when implemented right (XX8s/M10s, XX9x/M11s, M9s, XX3s (best full length zoom bag), and heel zoom in the Lebron 12s) and prefer it in general. However, foam can be a close second (and better than crappy zoom set ups) when it is implemented like in the Curry 1s and Clutchfit Drives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom