OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

I was on the internet at 7:00am pacific time.  Tried to buy online but I could not put my size 11 in the cart.  I realized that on UnderArmor and Finishline they instantly sold out.  Decided to drive to Finishline at Great Mall Milpitas, CA.  Left at about 7:30 and got to the mall at about 8am.  I think I was 7th in line.  Some guy in front of me said that they had only one pair in each size, but it turns out they had a few in some sizes.  By 10am there where about 50+ people in line.  I'm bad at counting crowds.

When they opened up they let in people into the store one by one, not letting anyone else in the store until each purchase was complete.  As one of the FNL employees looked at the crowd he uttered, wow, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people today.  So guy #6 in front of me was a size 9.5 and the Finishline employee managing the entrance tells him that he is lucky since they only had one pair in that size.  When I was up I told them I was looking for a size 11, and they had my shoe in stock.  Got in and got my shoe. Left the mall immediately not making eye contact with folks in line.

As my first post, I just have to say, I can't remember being so disappointed at not getting a material item. Probably since I was a kid. A Power Rangers figure I didn't get. Or maybe it was when I couldn't get my hands on a 2007 SF Giants All Star game cap. 

I digress. 

Hoping for a re-release. I don't know why but I get a good feeling that UA will. How could the release be so limited, especially in the Bay Area, when this is the epicenter of Curry hype? I understand the shoe game. I just don't understand the limited quantity to an area where the sales could have been much higher. 

As an aside, I did wake up at 7am and tried both sites. Should have woken up at 6:30. 

Last edited:

For the ones who have them in hand, do these fit like all of the other colorways?
Fit is the same, but don't know how the material will "relax" or form to foot, since it uses synthetic leather.  When I ball in the pair I got for playing I find that the anafoam upper fits better to the foot when broken in.  Not sure how the synthetic leather ones will break in.  I definitely don't intend to play basketball in these white shoes.  I don't even want to wear these outside the house right now.

Last edited:

I was on the internet at 7:00am pacific time.  Tried to buy online but I could not put my size 11 in the cart.  I realized that on UnderArmor and Finishline they instantly sold out.  Decided to drive to Finishline at Great Mall Milpitas, CA.  Left at about 7:30 and got to the mall at about 8am.  I think I was 7th in line.  Some guy in front of me said that they had only one pair in each size, but it turns out they had a few in some sizes.  By 10am there where about 50+ people in line.  I'm bad at counting crowds.

When they opened up they let in people into the store one by one, not letting anyone else in the store until each purchase was complete.  As one of the FNL employees looked at the crowd he uttered, wow, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people today.  So guy #6 in front of me was a size 9.5 and the Finishline employee managing the entrance tells him that he is lucky since they only had one pair in that size.  When I was up I told them I was looking for a size 11, and they had my shoe in stock.  Got in and got my shoe. Left the mall immediately not making eye contact with folks in line.
Congrats man. Your dedication got you to the promised land. Good move on the no eye contact. Not that you'd see faces of anger, but more like sadness. Those dudes at the end of the line especially should've known there was little to know chance. 

Fit is the same, but don't know how the material will "relax" or form to foot, since it uses synthetic leather.  When I ball in the pair I got for playing I find that the anafoam upper fits better to the foot when broken in.  Not sure how the synthetic leather ones will break in.  I definitely don't intend to play basketball in these white shoes.  I don't even want to wear these outside the house right now.
Appreciate it

As my first post, I just have to say, I can't remember being so disappointed at not getting a material item. Probably since I was a kid. A Power Rangers figure I didn't get. 
Anyone with a size 9 for trade, I will put up 2 red rangers and a dragonzord.

I agree on the restock (or super hopeful), besides the homes, this color is the most attractive because it's GSW colors. Doesn't make sense to keep this so limited....and it sounds like this was ultra ultra limited....caught me off guard.

these sell faster than jordan 11 xmas releases. hope you all play in them cause they look ******ed on foot if you're not wearing them on the court
Do you think they look ******ed casually because there is no swoosh? They are like any other basketball mid sneaker for casual...

first post here but i have been reading your guys posts about this shoe for a long time. I too was not able to get the shoe today, and i am extremely disappointed. Woke up at 7:00 to buy and only found that it was already sold out. Drove over to my finish line in concord, CA to find that they only had one shoe per size (wtf?) Praying for a restock. 

Nice to see people who wanted them were able to cop :smokin

Anyways, I don't think the Curry 1 is as hyped as Jordan and Nike sigs as some are suggesting, maybe only in the Bay Area. It certainly picked up more hype with Curry winning the MVP, but I remember the Dark Matter sold out pretty quickly too... Patiently waiting for the MVP

Or/img/forum/go_quote.gifiginally Posted by LikeABoss2
laugh.gif
  I'll give up my Dragon Dagger and Saba for my size. 
Do you think they look ******ed casually because there is no swoosh? They are like any other basketball mid sneaker for casual...
Agreed lewi1913. I think these would look nice with shorts and a Warriors-centric tee. Basketball shoes aren't just for basketball anymore. 

no because they are performance basketball shoes and I just personally hate people who can't/don't ball wearing performance shoes. stick to jordans otherwise.

no because they are performance basketball shoes and I just personally hate people who can't/don't ball wearing performance shoes. stick to jordans otherwise.
Jordan's were performance shoes when he played, and people wore them. People wear Lebrons, KDs, Kobes, Kyrie all casual. You personally hate it? Then don't wear them. Hate is a strong word, who cares what people wear?

I hoop, and wear mine casually. Why would I want to wreck my feet by wearing Js all the time? I just don't understand your point of view, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jordan's were performance shoes when he played, and people wore them. People wear Lebrons, KDs, Kobes, Kyrie all casual. You personally hate it? Then don't wear them. Hate is a strong word, who cares what people wear?

I hoop, and wear mine casually. Why would I want to wreck my feet by wearing Js all the time? I just don't understand your point of view, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
my point of view is a lot of fat dudes wearing ball shoes prevented me from getting these for my kid to play in

Back
Top Bottom