OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

read the empolyees kept them and lied to the public.  People saw the shoes at the consignment place.
this the type of **** that got me pissed called them 3 times and ****** employees given me attitude and **** saying i don't know, or we aint getting them or we haven't received shipment yet wtf kind of customer service is that?

Any updates on FNL SF Centre/Serramonte, did they end up receiving their shipment today?

read the empolyees kept them and lied to the public.  People saw the shoes at the consignment place.

8BqcV.gif

They might be hiring if anybody needs a PT job lol

Would've been nice if UA at least took care of the Bay Area with plenty of stock. When companies do this type of ish it turns me away from buying any other product of said company.

They do, well when they sell them at HOH/FTL. This release was really limited if FNL stores got 1 FSR or alittle extra in some sizes depending on the store. Yes the Bay Area should've gotten more than the pairs other stores out of state got so something is up or it's that many UA produced and decide to evenly distribute between the stores nationwide. Good to have @rodrigofresh on the site that can find out what happened and hopefully he'll have some news for us :nerd:.

I think people were just shady at the stores and people bought a lot of pairs online that is seemingly making this pair hard to get.  

MI30

Playoffs / Dubnation

MVPs

All 3 of these seem to the difficult to get.

Would've been nice if UA at least took care of the Bay Area with plenty of stock. When companies do this type of ish it turns me away from buying any other product of said company.

I feel the same way. For some reason, I thought Under Armour would be above playing the bs limited release game that Nike's been doing for years. It always bothers me when companies don't make their best products available to the public. I figure they'd want to introduce people to the brand and Steph's line, but I guess they want to try to manufacture hype. It's probably unfair, but I'm kind of disappointed w/ them for this, not going to be buying any of their shoes or clothes going fwd.

I feel the same way. For some reason, I thought Under Armour would be above playing the bs limited release game that Nike's been doing for years. It always bothers me when companies don't make their best products available to the public. I figure they'd want to introduce people to the brand and Steph's line, but I guess they want to try to manufacture hype. It's probably unfair, but I'm kind of disappointed w/ them for this, not going to be buying any of their shoes or clothes going fwd.

I think you guys are a little mistaken here. You have to understand that UA is a much smaller company compared to Nike and I'm sure the Curry 1 is the highest volume of shoes they've ever produced for one model, but even when they produce the largest amount of pairs for them, it could still be less than a gs Nike huarache release. But that being said, if UA puts out a limited release due to the size of the brand the difficulty of securing a pair becomes that much harder. And then add in all the resellers and the extra hype and we get this mess.

If this "Dubnation" cw doesn't restock, then move on to MVP's, if you miss out on those then the Father to Son cw is good too.

Hoping for a Finals/Championship cw.

yeah they are not the little engine that could they have grown into an enormous company

Damn, I'm so pissed I missed out. I was at school when they released and had lunch from 9:50 to 10:20 so I had time to cop. My school wi-fi sucks so it sold out in all sizes except 13 before I could get onto the page.

This was the colorway I was really focused on getting, and seeing a listing for $400 on eBay is angering me. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Hornets CW, because I'm not really feeling the MVP colorway. Or hope for a restock or another CW to pop up.

When a company does this it kind of bs turns me off.  It is why i don't buy Jordans or LE Nikes anymore because I don't like to feel like it might be unsafe to buy shoes because somebody might knife me for kicks when they couldn't show up as early.  I am actually kind of soured to Under Armour over this and was hoping they where a better company than Nike/Jordan.  Now I'm less likely to recommend people bother to buy an Under Armour shoe because they won't be able to buy it unless they sharp on the shoe drop.

People shouldn't have to wait in line or compete for a shoe, some people have to work on shoe drops.  This shouldn't be like buying a playstation 5 on launch day, but at least you know Sony will bother to make more Playstations after they sell out. Dubnation Curry One's not so much.

If they never bother to restock enough Dubnations to not sell out of regular sizes in a week, they probably won't be a company I buy as many products from anymore. I don't want to get in deep into being a sneaker head if this is how it feels when I want a shoe.

Last edited:
Y'all getting your feelings hurt too much over this release. UA is still a better company than Nike. We all knew this was limited to just 2 retailers.

Companies that make ample supply of shoes do not get more popular and build hype. How many of you guys camping out for sketchers? C'mon...

Y'all getting your feelings hurt too much over this release. UA is still a better company than Nike. We all knew this was limited to just 2 retailers.

Companies that make ample supply of shoes do not get more popular and build hype. How many of you guys camping out for sketchers? C'mon...

In what way is Nike better than ua

Pretty much agree with everything here.

I don't know if I would go so far as to not buy any of their products anymore, but definitely brings the company down a notch in my book, which probably doesn't mean much in the scheme of things. I'm a pretty vocal supporter of UA in terms of reviews I do and what I say to people at the gym, and their gear delivers in my opinion. Stuff like this just sucks, even for people who get the shoes, because it's so competitive and you have to jump through hoops.

I think what has people so bothered is the shots that UA took at Nike and Adidas. Now they're basically lumped together because of how limited this release was. The size of the company doesn't really have much to do with it to me. They made plenty of Homes, Aways, Underdogs, etc. and they easily could have for the Playoffs.

Marketing and Econ 101. Low supply, high demand. Stuff like this clearly doesn't cater to the "real" fans and much more to potential resellers, and the primary objective is to keep people in a state of want if you ask me. If you missed out on these, you gotta get those other ones, right? If UA and Nike really cared, they'd release big numbers so everyone who wanted them could get them. Obviously, they don't. To be fair, UA and Nike do have occasional restocks. I loved when UA restocked the USA Drives out of nowhere.

Bottom line to me is it's all about your philosophy. If I really want them, I do what I can to get them and if I miss out, move on. I personally don't have time/energy to go to multiple malls and sign up for raffles. The most I'll do is wake up early and give it a shot on the computer and even that is a stretch for me at times. I was bothered after missing out on the Playoffs, but at the end of the day, I try to put things in perspective. They're just a pair of shoes among hundreds and thousands that are out there. Hell, I'm sure most of us have new shoes just sitting in boxes collecting dust, and we're here complaining about a pair we couldn't get. Can't win em all. I feel bad for die-hard Warrior/Curry fans who missed out more than myself.

Ya'll really feeling some type of way after this release?! It should have been assumed being that they were a limited UA and FNL exclusive release.

As Elsa would say/sing, "LET IT GO! LET IT GO!! LET IT GO!!!" (Insert meme or gif)

Last edited:
Ya'll really feeling some type of way after this release?! It should have been assumed being that they were a limited UA and FNL exclusive release.

As Elsa would say/sing, "LET IT GO! LET IT GO!! LET IT GO!!!" (Insert meme or gif)
I think the point is that we are more angry that a decision was made to make it a limited release in the first place, with no way to guarantee that you would get them even if you did camp out hours before opening or play the internet lottery.

I got the shoes and don't feel one bit good about the people in line behind me that watched me walk away with them.

I just don't understand people saying dubnation wasn't taken care of, when the blue home pair was easily attainable. This was just 1 release and people are writing off the UA brand like they do this all the time.

Hey all, 

I just wanted to make sure I have all the Curry 1's Player Exclusives stored and filed. I like keeping track of these things and just want to make sure I'm not missing any. 

1.  Black History Month

2. Splash Party

3. Chinese New Year 

4. Yellow Upper w/ Blue 

5. Black upper w/ yellow

6. Black History Month's w/ volt (thanks to nsquared8)

6 PE's. With the 9 releases I have a total of 14 Curry 1's that are official. 

Were there any PE's did I miss? Which PE is your favorite? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom