OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

hitler460.jpg

First image that came to mind
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

They're dunzo against Germany. Don't know how they'll be able to compete without Tuncay. Great finish though.
idk about that.....wasnt croatia a superior team?
grin.gif

^^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's exactly what I thought too. Holy crap is Rustu gonna throw the next game to Germany??

Actually, let's not go there.

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

They're dunzo against Germany. Don't know how they'll be able to compete without Tuncay. Great finish though.
grin.gif

That day they were. I think Portugal probably would've beaten Turkey so I dunno.

And if you watched the Turkey games today and against the Czechs, you'd know Tuncay was all over the place. They even had dude in goal at the end of thegame vs. the Czechs.

Tevez you grimey for that comment lol, but yea its true. Germany will murder them esp. cuz they missing so many people

am i the only one who feels the need to say that 2min of stoppage time was OD? didnt go back through all the pages but im sure someone else caught that. to mecroatia got robbed.

Originally Posted by Odeezy23

grin.gif

That day they were. I think Portugal probably would've beaten Turkey so I dunno.

And if you watched the Turkey games today and against the Czechs, you'd know Tuncay was all over the place. They even had dude in goal at the end of the game vs. the Czechs.
i dont think it'll be so easy for the germans.....i mean rustu isnt their normal starter and he put in work....all im sayin is im not gonna countthem out....

The game was soooooooooooo boring for the first 110 minutes, besides those close shots and saves, then it started getting good. Man did Turkey battle their wayback, I'm happy for them and hope they do well against Germany.

Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

Tevez you grimey for that comment lol, but yea its true. Germany will murder them esp. cuz they missing so many people

am i the only one who feels the need to say that 2min of stoppage time was OD? didnt go back through all the pages but im sure someone else caught that. to me croatia got robbed.

The Croations celebrated for AT LEAST that long, and if they really have to say they got robbed after allowing a goal like that... then that's justpathetic.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

am i the only one who feels the need to say that 2min of stoppage time was OD? didnt go back through all the pages but im sure someone else caught that. to me croatia got robbed.

The Croations celebrated for AT LEAST that long, and if they really have to say they got robbed after allowing a goal like that... then that's just pathetic.
They didn't get robbed. They deserved it. They should've known not to get too confident after the finish in the Turkey Czech game.

Croatia wasn't robbed of anything...they allowed Turkey to score that. Semih scored with 2 defenders right by him not doing their job. Turkey deserved towin. They showed up in the last 2 minutes of the game, BIG TIME. Rustu came up big today, saving great shots by Croats, he came up HUGE in the pk's, my hatgoes off to him for filling Vulkans shoes, the right way.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

This game sucks #%#, one of the worst games in the tourny in what has been a great tourny so far.

SMMFH!!!!!
eek.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

This game had me on the edge of the seat the WHOLE game your trippn. The 1st half was slow yes... but the 2nd half made up for it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I knew Turkey would pull it off... RUSTU *****!!! dude deserves to start next game.
pimp.gif

nothing you guys said justified the fact why there was 2 min of stoppage time. by no means do i care who won but i know how their coach felt when he ran to theref. i dont think they relaxed at all. when you play in a game and its that crucial you tend to get tight and not play in motion. that has nothing to do withtaking another team for granted. thus the saying "you most vulnerable 10min after you score a goal" the old saying is true.

well not its time for germany to dust off turkey. dont care what they do, it wont work lol

Didn't Turkey equalize it 1:05 into stoppage time? Anyways, stoppage time can be extended at the referee's discretion. If it was 2 minutes, I'm notsure why he let it go that long.

Odeezy: sure Croatia beat Germany, but it doesn't mean they are necessarily the "superior team". In football for sure anything can happen, butthe "better" (or should we say favored) team does not always win. Although the odds are high, for example a team like Portugal was favored overGermany. Not sure if it means they are the "superior team" or not, but when they played, Germany won. So you can say the same thing about Croatia andGermany, while Croatia won in the group stage, it does not necessarily mean they are the "superior team", just that they played better that one game.Hell Greece won last Euro's, and I don't think even they would argue they were the best team in that tournament haha.

Germany will be favored against Turkey for sure, but anything can happen and they had better be on their toes. Suspensions will hurt Turkey some, but with themyou cannot write them off as we have seen almost every match they have been underdogs. Should be really tense, as everyone knows there is some real bad bloodbetween Turks and Germans. Could have some riots in the streets depending on what happens. I can't wait! Oh, and Soobaysiikk, Rustu has to start next game,the Turkish regular goalie has been suspended.

Good luck again to all the teams still left in it, good games coming up to decide the other Semi-Finalist's.

yes i know he can extend the extra time if he wants to, my point is there was no reasoning to extend it. there werent any injuries esp how he ended the first15. i believe croatia had a throw in in an attacking area. hey its his choice to do what he wants but it just goes to show how a minute can change a game.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Rustu came up big today, saving great shots by Croats, he came up HUGE in the pk's, my hat goes off to him for filling Vulkans shoes, the right way.

roll.gif
roll.gif
. Were we watching the same game? He put Turkey under all that pressure by givinga goal away. Dude is nice when he's between the posts, but once he has to come off his line, he is terrible. He didn't do much in the penalties (thatsave was nice, but at that point I doubt it really meant that much). I think he might throw away Turkey's chances next week (Vulkan was suspended for twogames) by letting in an early goal, and starting a downpour.

nothing you guys said justified the fact why there was 2 min of stoppage time. by no means do i care who won but i know how their coach felt when he ran to the ref. i dont think they relaxed at all. when you play in a game and its that crucial you tend to get tight and not play in motion. that has nothing to do with taking another team for granted. thus the saying "you most vulnerable 10min after you score a goal" the old saying is true.

well not its time for germany to dust off turkey. dont care what they do, it wont work lol

he scored 6 seconds after it "should" have ended. you don't stop the game when a team is attacking, that ball was kicked in the box at about31:01... the coach was in no way in a position to complain. it isn't that hard to stop 1 player with 3 defenders.

I dont see why there are any issues over anything in this thread. The Turkey/Croatia game was amazing and a true match. If you missed it, the whole game stayed50/50 possession and they all played their hearts out.

Turkey had the advantage and they scored, nothing "robbing" about that.

Great game, its exactly what football is about.

smh.gif
I missed another crazy match from Turkey. I was at work and I was checking thegamecast, and when the goal came through I was like ok, done. Then I flipped it back on and was just shocked. I was so close to picking Turkey this morning inmy pick em but I chickened out.

I think Germany's gonna rail Turkey though. Either that or Turkey will come up with the 1-0 game in the 90th minute.

nothing you guys said justified the fact why there was 2 min of stoppage time.
grin.gif
In the first half of the extra time, the ref blew thewhistle when Turkey was just about to attack. And this was despite the fact that not even 15 minutes had passed. I remember, the clock was at 14:59 when theref ended the first half of the stoppage time.

Back
Top Bottom