OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

At the beginning of this, who would have put money on Russia and Turkey getting to the Semi's? I don't think anyone would have...

Thats why they play all the games though. Been an absolutely amazing tourney so far.

I dont understand the defensive strategy of "ball watching" IN THE BOX. If you wanted Penalty kicks, put 9 men behind the halfway line.

Arjen Robben's lack of presence is felt.

gah..

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Ive been meaning to ask, why is Russia in this tournament? They arent part of Europe.

Sure they are. Some of it is in Europe, some in Asia.

I will be
frown.gif
if Arshvin goes to Arsenal.

Russia is depleted like two starters for their next game, which will be against either Spain or Italy, so I don't know how much they'll have it in themto overcome either.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Russia is depleted like two starters for their next game, which will be against either Spain or Italy, so I don't know how much they'll have it in them to overcome either.
Spain would probably choke, but Italy always grows in the knockout rounds.

oh and I would'nt lose any sleep about Arshavin going to Arsenal.. Something tells me Roman wouldnt let that happen..
tongue.gif

Oranje
smh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

oh and I would'nt lose any sleep about Arshavin going to Arsenal.. Something tells me Roman wouldnt let that happen..
tongue.gif

Oranje
smh.gif
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Oh, true. Chel$ki FTW.

....should have put in robben IMO... But arshavin is ridiculously good (even though i think went down a few too many times...).

I'm not surprised that Holland choked again, Russia completely dominated them today.

Guus Hiddink is possibly the best soccer coach in the world.

^Exactly. Just peep Portugal.

I thought there might be some hope when Ruud equalized, but then it was all Russia, all extra time. Ooijer looked like a BS defender for two of Russia'sgoals. Gutted Oranje lost, but the better team won.

Time to wash and put away the jersey until 2010.

Peace
F Sharp005

Todays game was nuts, Russia has gained ALOT of respect from me. Pavlyuchenko is just unbelivable little kid. I really think they can win it all especiallyafter showing they can beat powerhouses like Holland. If I was Italy/Spain I'd be scared to play them.
laugh.gif

i think spain v. germany in the finals.. i don't see russia or turkey pulling stuff out of their behinds again to win..

and also does anyone know the background song when goals are scored? i have a feeling that i have it but i can't find it.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

I don't think Spain can beat Italy, should be a great game tomorrow but I expect Italy to advance.

Cosign. Teams like Italy always bring their best in the knockout stages, I won't count Italy out until I KNOW they've lost.

Why are people saying how can Materazzi guard Arshavin? Marco didn't play the past 2 games, he probably won't play then if they keep beat Spain withouthim.
I don't see how someone can simply say "oh its gonna be Spain v Germany in final".
We just saw Turkey beat Czech & Croatia and Russia defeat Netherlands. Anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom