Official UFC: Undisputed Thread vol. NT Tournament!! Post your GTs by Friday! Read Pg 1

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ going through career helped me. I didn't even know you can go into a persons half guard by holding lb and flicking right on the right analog when he is on the floor and you're standing. From the same position, you can wait for a grounded person to up kick you and grab it to end in side control by flicking up or down on the right analog depending on where he kicks you. If you're a wrestler you can hold lb and do a major transition(half circle) in a persons open or closed guard to end up standing over them, punches do plenty of damage here and then transition again to end up in side control. Blocking transitions is good at first but makes for a boring fight if you don't advance. If a person does this too much, punch them or try going for a sub and then press the left analog in to stop the sub and transition quickly. It will throw some people off.. Also you can fake like you're going to do a transiton to mess with their head and makes yourself become unpredictable. You do this by attempting a transition and then go back to transiion blocking. Reversing transitions is the best tool but requires great timing and little lag. Do this by flicking left to right on the right analog. That's really all there is to it. Thq really took a hint from EA's skate and did a pretty good job creating a good ground fight, could always be better of course.
Oh is THAT IT? You just wrote a strategy guide talkin about "That's all there is to it."
laugh.gif

This game is addicting but hard to get great at.

- Preciate it.

seriously tho, how the @!%! you get out of submissions..

%***@@ be pulling that mircale +##+ on me..

im thiago facing rampage.. beginning of the fight, im go for a take down, mount and start throwing bombs.. we stand up, he gets about 2-3 punches in the wholeround, while i control on the ground..

second round starts, i give him a headkick that lands, then go for a double leg.. then dude pulls off a guillotine ... im pressing the buttons as fast as i can( note: im a beast pressing this damn button word to track and field for n64) so anyways 2-3 seconds later im sub. i didnt even have a chance to posture ..dude just finished me right then and there.. i was not even tired at all, nor took a beating ( seems like this is the way most people beat when they have nochance)

so $+% is up, i tried using the stick and buttons, nothin seems to work.

(happened also when i had napao fighting kongo) * stoneface.

OLVERA shoot me a friend invite if i dont have you yet and im ready wen ever i get on.

Originally Posted by kidUFC

seriously tho, how the @!%! you get out of submissions..

%***@@ be pulling that mircale +##+ on me..

im thiago facing rampage.. beginning of the fight, im go for a take down, mount and start throwing bombs.. we stand up, he gets about 2-3 punches in the whole round, while i control on the ground..

second round starts, i give him a headkick that lands, then go for a double leg.. then dude pulls off a guillotine ... im pressing the buttons as fast as i can ( note: im a beast pressing this damn button word to track and field for n64) so anyways 2-3 seconds later im sub. i didnt even have a chance to posture .. dude just finished me right then and there.. i was not even tired at all, nor took a beating ( seems like this is the way most people beat when they have no chance)

so $+% is up, i tried using the stick and buttons, nothin seems to work.

(happened also when i had napao fighting kongo) * stoneface.

OLVERA shoot me a friend invite if i dont have you yet and im ready wen ever i get on.

if the sub was locked in unusually fast, he might be using a turbo controller.

unlike me, who doesnt need a turbo controller to sub cats
wink.gif

9-3 in my young career in the light heavyweight division.... man Tim beocth(ironic) beat me 3 times in a row fluke-ishly, had to shut off the PS3 in anger
smh.gif
laugh.gif

any particular way you(anyone) has used sparring points to get up their fighter? Right now im 45-48 in Striking and kicking Off, Sub off, Grapple Off... 32-38in everything else...

Man it is really hard to get a fighter to a respectable rating in career mode. My best fighter who's a Lighweight is only a 79 yet retired with the titleand submitted Florian, Penn, Griffin and Stevenson in his last four fights.

I'm completely wrapped up in career mode though, it's so much fun.

All I do is work on my attributes till I'm champ and I get a better sparring partner. I also put max logos on my shorts to get the most amount of cred forbetter equipment which let's me bring up my attributes quicker. Once I start sparring I sub the guy so I get 100 points everytime and the ocassional 114points. I have a fedor and Bryan fury with a 97 overall.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

9-3 in my young career in the light heavyweight division.... man Tim beocth(ironic) beat me 3 times in a row fluke-ishly, had to shut off the PS3 in anger
smh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how boethsch turn into beotch?
roll.gif

Found this just now... somebody made a few fighter templates

im gonna definitely make myself a Fedor
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

URIJAH FABER

First name :Urijah
Last name: Faber
Nickname : Quick Silver
Hometown : Sacramento, CA
Fighting out of : Sacramento, CA

Height/Weight
5'6 155

Skin/Physique
Skin Tone: 1
Body Type: 13
Face Type: 1

Fighting Style
Striking: Kickboxing...has good Muay Thai as well though
Grappling: Wrestling
Attributes & skills: To each his own but i suggest high takedown defense for sure
Physical Apperance
Hair/Facial Hair
HairStyle: 26 (for Pulver fight dreads) or 36 for normal
NO Sideburn,mustache, beard, or shadow
Head Hair color: 6
Body Hair Type: 1
Thickness:
Body Hair color:

Head/Brow
Head: L - two lines to right R- Far right
Crown: L - dead center R - Dead center
Brow Type
Type - 15
Thickness - 80%
Color - 6
NO Brow lines
Brow width/Size: both dead center

Eyes/Nose
Eye color: 7
Eye Shape/Rotation : L - 3rd line rt, R - just off center to rt
Eye size/placement: L - just off center down, R - just off center to rt
Nose size: L - all the way rt R - lower left corner
Nostril/Angle - L - just off center to rt, R - in between first and second circles up

Cheeks/Mouth
Cheeks: L - in between 2nd and 3rd circle up. R - all the way up..straight up
mouth size rotation: L - all the way left..just below center R - in between 1st and 2nd circle
Mouth angle/placement - L - straight down to bottom, R - all the way rt

Jaws/Ears
Jaw size: L - dead center R - all the way rt
Jaw length: L - all the way left, R - all the way rt
Ear Damage/Condition: Left Ear - 20%; Right Ear - 40%
Ear size/rotation: L - dead center, R- dead center

Extra - 13 (strong)

Clothing
Trunks - Long-Slit Type A, NO BRAND 06
Mouth Piece - 1
NO SUPPORTERS

KEN SHAMROCK

First name :Ken
Last name: Shamrock
Nickname : Choose w.e
Hometown : Atlanta, GA (No Macon)
Fighting out of : Las Vegas, NV (No Reno)
Height/Weight
6'1 235 (LHW works to)

Skin/Physique
Skin Tone: 2
Body Type: 1

Fighting Style
Striking: Boxing or Muay Thai
Grappling: Wrestling
Attributes & skills: To each his own
Physical Apperance
Hair/Facial Hair
HairStyle: 13 or 31
Sideburns:5
Head Hair color: 4
Body Hair Type: 1
Thickness:
Body Hair color:

Head/Brow
Head: L - bottom right R- Far right
Crown: L - top left R - top right
Brow Type
Type - 11
Thickness - 60%
Color - 1
Brow width:Just of center top Size: far left
Eyes/Nose
Eye color: 5
Eye Shape/Rotation : L - one before far left rt, R - center
Eye size/placement: L - to the left and slightly down, R - just off center to upleft
Nose size: L - jusft of top left R - lower left corner
Nostril/Angle - L - just off center to rt, R - bottom left corner

Cheeks/Mouth
Cheeks: L - top left corner. R - all the way up..straight up
mouth size rotation: L - slightly down...to the right R - all the way left
Mouth angle/placement - L - straight down to bottom, R - all the way rt

Jaws/Ears
Jaw size: L - dead center R - all the way rt
Jaw length: L - all the way left, R - all the way rt
Ear Damage/Condition: Left Ear - 0-10%; Right Ear - 0-10%
Ear size/rotation: L - top left corner, R- all the way up...to the left

Extra - 3 (strong)

Clothing
Trunks - vert short green
Mouth Piece - green
both knee both feet supports black

FEDOR EMELIANENKO

First name :Fedor
Last name: Emelianenko
Nickname : "none"
Hometown : St. Petersburg, Russia
Fighting out of : St. Petersburg, Russia

Height/Weight
6'0-235 lbs

Skin/Physique
Skin Tone: 5
Body Type: 11

Fighting Style
Striking: Boxing
Grappling: Judo
Attributes & skills: Your Choice

Physical Apperance
Hair/Facial Hair
HairStyle: 22
NO Sideburn,mustache, beard, or shadow
Head Hair color: 5
Body Hair Type: 5
Thickness: 40%
Body Hair color: 1

Head/Brow
Head: L - bottom right corner, R- Far left
Crown: L - dead center, a little below middle line; R - 1/4 left, on middle line
Brow Type
Type - 15
Thickness - 60%
Color - 1
NO Brow lines
Brow width/Size: L - 3/4 left on middle line; R - 3/4 to the left

Eyes/Nose
Eye color: 1
Eye Shape/Rotation : L - move slightly left, R - in middle
Eye size/placement: L - move a little left, R - Straight up 3/4
Nose size: L - move a little right, R - straight down to bottom
Nostril/Angle - L - 3/4 way to the right, R - move 1/2 down

Cheeks/Mouth
Cheeks: L - move to top right corner. R -move down slightly
mouth size rotation: L - 3/4 way to left, R - 3/4 way to left
Mouth angle/placement - L - straight down to bottom, R - straight down to bottom

Jaws/Ears
Jaw size: L - all the way right, R - all the way left
Jaw length: L - straight to top, R - dead center
Ear Damage/Condition: Left Ear - 60%; Right Ear - 20%
Ear size/rotation: L - dead center, R- dead center

Extra - 22 (strong)

Clothing
Trunks - Very short, NO BRAND 22
Mouth Piece - 5
NO SUPPORTERS

Mannn

The career mode is sooo bunk. You're supposed to be fighting fighters with 90 ratings with a dude that is 52???

SMH.....I can pretty much hang with them dudes except for dudes like Tito, Rashad, and Brock who like to go to the ground and pound. I murk the cpu on thestand up game and pretty much evade 90% of submissions. However dudes that like to shoot like crazy and keep me on the ground usually take me out midwaythrough the 3rd rnd after my fighter is worn out.

I hope they fix career mode in the next game. On-line is great (very laggy however).

They need to juice up create a fighter a lil bit. After playing this game for a week or two. I'll give it a 6.5 out of a 10. A LOT of room for improvement.VERY promising. I'm extremely confident that THQ will offer an even better experience next time around.

Areas that I'd like to see an improvement in.

-Flash Knock outs. VERY random. Dudes be getting laid out with the oddest shots. A lot of phantom punches. Need to be less knockouts in the game. TOO easy toknock out the computer.

-The pace. Game does not accurately emulate the pace of actual UFC fights which in most respects are far more fast paced. Aside from fighting Machida the gamehasn't really shined in imitating fighters actual styles.

-Submissions. It should not be this hard to tap out the cpu. I'll be working on the CPU's leg for a good 2 rnds and STILL won't get the submissionto pan out.

-As stated before, the CAF mode is a bit bland. Not enough options here. More styles should be implimented.

-Career mode needs a major overhaul.

With that said, I think Fight Night Rnd 4 will offer a far more polished fighting experience. There should be NO reason for FNR4 not to be better in everyrespect.

Fnr4 is looking good. These games just cater to two different sports and you really can't compare. The standup is more polished because that's all youneed to work on as oppose to all the other variables in mma. It's also more polished because.. It's the 4th installement. The caf, Internet features,are looking really good. These are areas thq skimped on which im sure they'll add in the next like you stated. I think that part of their plan is torelease an over the top game that includes much more so you won't think you just got a roster update for 60 bucks. The only thing I wish the ufc game couldtake from fnr4 are the phsyics.. It would play more like the ufc trailer with chuck and rampage we saw so many years ago.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Fnr4 is looking good. It just caters to two different sports and you really can't compare. The standup is more polished becuase that's all you need to work on as oppose to all the other variables in mma. It's also more polished because.. It's the 4th installement. The caf, Internet features, are looking really good. These are areas thq skimped on which im sure they'll add in the next like you stated. I think that part of their plan is to release an over the top game that includes much more so you won't think you just got a roster update for 60 bucks. The only thing I wish the ufc game could take from fnr4 are the phsyics.. It would play more like the ufc trailer with chuck and rampage we saw so many years ago.
Exactly..

The fact that it is purely a stand-up game and it is the 4th installment (really its 9th installment if you count KO Kings and FNR4 together) means that FNR4SHOULD be better overall.

At least I would hope so. EA Sports has disappointed me many times in the past.

I really think THQ is going to create a far better game in their next UFC game.

Back
Top Bottom