**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

so with pro sports leagues, i think it makes perfect sense for players to sit or kneel for the anthem given what's going on in this country.

but for national teams, i think if you're upset enough to sit, you should be upset enough to not wear the uniform and play. i think it goes hand in hand. i know a few people on here said they would stop rocking US gear when trump got voted in. which is 100% OK. but i think players should be consistent. at the end of the day, you're playing for the country, not yourself. so protest. that's fine. but kneeling but then playing makes no sense to me.

i think that would be taking more of a stand..if players didn't play.

either way, passing an actual policy around standing is ridiculous. it's really not that serious. US soccer needs to chill in that respect

Last edited:

so with pro sports leagues, i think it makes perfect sense for players to sit or kneel for the anthem given what's going on in this country.

but for national teams, i think if you're upset enough to sit, you should be upset enough to not wear the uniform and play. i think it goes hand in hand. i know a few people on here said they would stop rocking US gear when trump got voted in. which is 100% OK. but i think players should be consistent. at the end of the day, you're playing for the country, not yourself. so protest. that's fine. but kneeling but then playing makes no sense to me.

i think that would be taking more of a stand..if players didn't play.

either way, passing an actual policy around standing is ridiculous. it's really not that serious. US soccer needs to chill in that respect
I agree 100%. I'm as jaded as anybody, certainly as jaded as any minority who's people have been oppressed by this country over history, but if you're willing to accept the call and represent the country, as well as cash the fairly significant performance bonus check that comes with the cap, you should stand for the national anthem when it's time to honor the country your representing and presenting to the world. 

Roster for qualifiers was released. Wish Benny had got the call and Emerson Hyndman 100% should have been called in. 
[table][tr][th=""]Goalkeepers (3)[/th][/tr][tr][td]GK[/td][td]Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough/Atlanta United)[/td][/tr][tr][td]GK[/td][td]Tim Howard  (Colorado Rapids)[/td][/tr][tr][td]GK[/td][td]Nick Rimando  (Real Salt Lake)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Defenders (8)[/th][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]John Brooks (Hertha Berlin)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]DaMarcus Beasley  (Houston Dynamo)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Geoff Cameron (Stoke City)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Michael Orozco (Tijuana)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Tim Ream (Fulham)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna)[/td][/tr][tr][td]D[/td][td]Walker Zimmerman  (FC Dallas)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Midfielders (9)[/th][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Kellyn Acosta  (FC Dallas)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Alejandro Bedoya  (Philadelphia Union)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Michael Bradley  (Toronto FC)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Jermaine Jones  (LA Galaxy)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Sebastian Lletget  (LA Galaxy)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Darlington Nagbe  (Portland Timbers)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Dax McCarty  (Chicago Fire)[/td][/tr][tr][td]M[/td][td]Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Forwards (4)[/th][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]Jozy Altidore  (Toronto FC)[/td][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]Clint Dempsey  (Seattle Sounders)[/td][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]Jordan Morris  (Seattle Sounders)[/td][/tr][tr][td]F[/td][td]Bobby Wood (Hamburg)[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:

To the ladies [emoji]128520[/emoji][emoji]128520[/emoji][emoji]128520[/emoji]
My man
nthat.gif

we can definitely get points with this squad. I'm concerned about the defenders though. I don't know why tf Beasley still getting looks. Don't get me started on Bradley and Dempsey. I hope they come off the bench. Let them young boys cook :pimp:

I wish Yedlin wasn't injured.

Yea, lower back injury. We still have the depth and I'm hopeful that Dempsey doesn't start.

I'd start Dempsey he'll find a way to score guaranteed.

I can't cosign that. Clint has played 269 minutes of competitive soccer in the past 6 months. Hail marry off the bench as a last act of desperation? Sure.

But there's no way I'd start him.

Personally, with the forwards we have left I'd take a chance and give Morris a start but watch Arenas start Jozy to spite us :lol:

Deuce can come in late second half.

Future USMNT captain and 2016 USSDA Central Conference Player of the Year Weston McKennie started in his first team Schalke debut.

2nd half being streamed live on Facebook right now. Baby Jermaine Jones right here. Naturally a little more composed and more defensively disciplined, more fluid technique. Kid is going to be a monster.

Last edited:
anyone going tonight? coworker might have an extra ticket so im waiting to hear if i'm going or not :lol:

Back
Top Bottom