**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Ngl, I feel like some of these young guys feeling themself a little too much by playing overseas. Guys from the past weren’t as talented but played with evident hunger and chips on their shoulder. Body language isn’t everything, but it sucks with this group for the most part..
I think you are spot on. These young guys don't have that chip on their shoulders like past squads. The WC for the old squads was a chance for them was to show the world that they could play soccer too. I'll never forget the interview Eddie Pope where he talks about the 98 world cup and how just getting to play against some of the elite players was a win even though they finished last (Check out 0:40 of the first video). Guys now don't have that pride because they play for top clubs and get to show what they can do.

The commercial also legit gets me because I remember watching it getting pumped that the World no longer looked forward to playing us. Can't say that sentiment is true anymore.

https://www.ussoccer.com/teams/usmnt

U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM - 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ROSTER BY POSITION (CLUB/COUNTRY; CAPS/GOALS; HOMETOWN)

GOALKEEPERS (3):
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town/ENG; 8/0; Highlands Ranch, Colo.), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 10/0; Lilburn, Ga.), Matt Turner (Arsenal/ENG; 20/0; Park Ridge, N.J.)

DEFENDERS (9): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic/SCO; 11/0; Southend-on-Sea, England), Sergiño Dest (AC Milan/ITA; 19/2; Almere, Netherlands), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 29/3; Oak Hills, Calif.), Shaq Moore (Nashville SC; 15/1; Powder Springs, Ga.), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 46/1; St. Louis, Mo.), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 29/2; Liverpool, England), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 3/0; Lake Grove, N.Y.), DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami CF; 75/0; Seattle, Wash.), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 33/3; Lawrenceville, Ga.)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United/ENG; 24/6; Medford, N.J.), Kellyn Acosta (LAFC; 53/2; Plano, Texas), Tyler Adams (Leeds United/ENG; 32/1; Wappingers Falls, N.Y.), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 12/0; San Diego, Calif.), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 37/9; Little Elm, Texas), Yunus Musah (Valencia/ESP; 19/0; London, England), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 32/0; Pico Rivera, Calif.)

FORWARDS (7): Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 15/7; McKinney, Texas), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders; 49/11; Mercer Island, Wash.), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/ENG; 52/21; Hershey, Pa.), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/GER; 14/4; Bedford, N.Y.), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 20/5; O’Fallon, Mo.), Tim Weah (Lille/FRA; 25/3; Rosedale, N.Y.), Haji Wright (Antalyaspor/TUR; 3/1; Los Angeles, Calif.)

Pepi not making it, at the expense of some of these guys listed, is maddening tbh. Still rooting for the men, but wow...

Team sucks.

Wales is definitely beating the USA. (Which is by far the most important game).

Gareth Bale doesn’t play around in international tournaments. I don’t care how old he is.

Back
Top Bottom