Official Warriors Season Thread

Portland will be chip contenders in a few years. Roy, Aldridge, Webster, Outlaw, Oden, all
pimp.gif

PG situation there is sorta eh though, they have Steve Blake and Jarret Jack?

Yeah, I thought Dunleavy was going to do good along with Granger and O'Neal, guess not.

^ True... but I still hate him being so perimeter oriented and never stepping foot in the paint. His FT% was the only good thing about Murphy's game.

You can't hate on Murphy though. It's not like we wasted a #3 overall pick on him. He did his thing while he was here and I wish him luck.

Ehh... I still hate Muphy.

[h3]WhUtIzIt said:[/h3]
Cmon Paul, Murphy used to grab a lot of boards
[h3]715 asterisk said:[/h3]
You can't hate on Murphy though. It's not like we wasted a #3 overall pick on him. He did his thing while he was here and I wish him luck.

You guys are right. For a #14th pick overall, Murphy wasn't bad... but he could have been better than he is now. Never developed an inside game. That'sthe primary reason why I hate him.

i remember him and his three pointers comin from the center. haha. he had a good three point shooting % before.

No, I'm not saying Murphy was terrible, but he could have been more than he is... which is a jump shooting PF. Instead of working on his inside game alittle bit more, he chose to work on his game beyond the arc. This was a time when we were in dire need of an inside presence.

I'll always remember that Trail Blazers' incident where he went at it with Rasheed Wallace. Which brings us to tomorrow ... Detroit will come outhungry just having lost to Portland. They were eyeing these two games against the Blazers and Warriors as possible W's and no way can they go 0-2 in thesetwo games. Uuuugh.

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

I'll always remember that Trail Blazers' incident where he went at it with Rasheed Wallace. Which brings us to tomorrow ... Detroit will come out hungry just having lost to Portland. They were eyeing these two games against the Blazers and Warriors as possible W's and no way can they go 0-2 in these two games. Uuuugh.
Not Rasheed Wallace but....

8efv3bo.jpg

^damn i hope the W's can pull off a win. my friend hooked me up with a ticket. yeee! im def. skipin my 7pm class for this. i dont think detroit's ashungry as the mavs tho. meeting the W's for the first time since the playoff upset...the mavs were really pumped up that thursday and it was still a closegame.

get that first win...

I liked Murphy a HELL of a lot better than Dunleavy, that's for sure.

I'll be rooting for yall tomorrow!

Eh... It's all irrelevant now... Murphy or Dunleavy, don't matter who you liked/hated more (I hated Dunleavy more than Murphy by the way), they'regone now and Indiana's problem
laugh.gif
. Thank you Bird and Walsh
pimp.gif

I liked Murphy a HELL of a lot better than Dunleavy, that's for sure.
yeah. murphy was great for a 14 pick. dude was a great rebounder and put up 15 and 10 one season and it was looking really good for him. just thathe got fatter and started playing on the outside a whole lot more, and he got really soft compared to his previous years.

Murphy used to be a G. I remember he used to dunk on people and he had swag.
pimp.gif
Then he got injured and kinda got perimiter orientated. I liked Murphy a lotmore than Dunleavy.

Troy Murphy had 3 season where he averaged a double-double.

But I'm pretty sure the last double-double season in 05-06 was tainted. He was stuck at 10.0 RPG on the last game of the season vs Utah and faked an injuryso that he would be benched to keep his double-double intact. He didn't want to risk getting < 10 rebounds that game. I think he got a bonus foraveraging a double-double that year
smh.gif

8bj48j5.jpg

6l2z9lz.jpg

Delete.PNG

Originally Posted by Paul Is 0n NT

No, I'm not saying Murphy was terrible, but he could have been more than he is... which is a jump shooting PF. Instead of working on his inside game a little bit more, he chose to work on his game beyond the arc. This was a time when we were in dire need of an inside presence.

Murphy was a beast inside during his rookie year, but he was told to change his style a bit. Then just about every season after he was told to do somethingdifferent (mainly gain/lose weight).

He got boards, there is no doubt about that, but he was beyond a terrible defender and way too soft for a big man.

Back
Top Bottom