Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Originally Posted by Phase2x

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

I am aware the OG "SpaceJams" from the 94-95 Playoffs featured concord purple on them and I have also seen the pictures.

My question is, did the "SpaceJams" that MJ rocked in the movie itself feature concord purple or royal blue on them, as the later public retro release did?
To my knowledge...
The playoff pair had a #45 that was stitched on beside each other (the 2000 #45 Retro Samples with blue traction pods had the 4 on top of the 5 screen printed and not stitched). The playoff pair had a purple flat Jumpman on the ankle, purple jumpman on the tongue, and purple traction pods.

The Spacejam movie pair had a #23 that was also stitched on. It also had a purple ankle jumpman, traction pods, and tongue jumpman.
This pair below belongs to Rahjelli. It was from the SpaceJam movie set. Look closely and you can see the stitched #23 and purple.
Raj, if you want me to take this pic down, shoot me a PM.

-Jermaine
YES!
Thank you!

Bred low 11s
mj-through-the-years-xi-pt-2-20.jpg

mj-through-the-years-xi-pt-2-32.jpg

mj-through-the-years-xi-pt-2-21.jpg

mj-through-the-years-xi-pt-2-19.jpg

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

Originally Posted by reebski

did mj wore obsidian 12's?
Yes '97 all star game
NOPE. Go back and check the VERY first post in this entire thread. MJ wore the black/white XII's or more commonly known as the "playoff XII's". Jordan never wore the Obsidian XII's in an NBA game.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

Originally Posted by reebski

did mj wore obsidian 12's?
Yes '97 all star game
NOPE. Go back and check the VERY first post in this entire thread. MJ wore the black/white XII's or more commonly known as the "playoff XII's". Jordan never wore the Obsidian XII's in an NBA game.
yes..thank you very much sir!

Was the Jumpman on the tongue of MJ's Cement IIIs, which he wore in the Slam Dunk Contest, actually grey and not red?

Was the Jumpman on the tongue of MJ's Cement IIIs, which he wore in the Slam Dunk Contest, actually grey and not red?

The Jumpman was red.

257emhw.jpg
2qs7aya.jpg

Im trippin that the OG metallic V's that Mike wore had 23 stiched on the side. Wow that pretty much deads that argument for those that prefer em without the 23. Im glad to see that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

The Jumpman was red.

2qs7aya.jpg
BTW, are you an owner of the "free throw line dunk" poster?
It is on this poster that the friend of mine claimed to have seen the Jumpman on the IIIs as appearing to be grey.

My answer to him was that perhaps he had a bootleg and the color wasn't as vibrant on it as the real edition with the silver border made by Nike.

BTW, are you an owner of the "free throw line dunk" poster?
It is on this poster that the friend of mine claimed to have seen the Jumpman on the IIIs as appearing to be grey.

My answer to him was that perhaps he had a bootleg and the color wasn't as vibrant on it as the real edition with the silver border made by Nike.
I own the poster and I know what you're talking about. My guess is that the Jumpman missed the coloring/editing process when they were trying to optimize the photo. It happens alot with older pictures.

2qn2wzs.jpg

Hey thanks for the pics, but I think you're kinda missing the point of this post.

It's to show what SHOES MJ wore during particular games/situations in his career. In 5 of the pics you just posted, we can't even see his feet.

regarding the Allstar game in 2003, i was kinda disappointed that MJ only wore the white/royal AJ 18
which he already wore for many games in that season.
Usually he would debut a colorway that he did not wear before the Allstar game.
I remember he wore the black/royals in the sparring and photo sessions but switched
back to white/royal though.
I think he could have sported the white/reds or the white/black AJ 18.5.

Back
Top Bottom