:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

The pre-game trash talk and this early foul...things are gonna get good
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Feeling myself for predicting Slovenia to advance behind England in the group.
pimp.gif

Now watch the US come back and win.
laugh.gif

BTW, this is arguably worse than the start of the England game, because Slovenia will be more than happy to sit back and defend for 75 minutes. They did it against Russia to get to the World Cup, and they'll probably do it again today.

Nothing gives me more joy watching this sport than watching over-hyped teams fail time and time again.

This is the U.S. team that everyone was hyping up? One dude here said he guaranteed this U.S. team would make the semis. They cant retain possession, they cant make 3 consecutive passes and their defending is shameful.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Nothing gives me more joy watching this sport than watching over-hyped teams fail time and time again.

This is the U.S. team that everyone was hyping up? One dude here said he guaranteed this U.S. team would make the semis. They cant retain possession, they cant make 3 consecutive passes and their defending is shameful.
laugh.gif
I swear, after 2002, it was only a matter of years before the US won the whole thing, if you listened to some NTers. And after the Confederations Cup, which Spain and Brazil were 120% motivated for (
laugh.gif
), the US was among the favorites at this World Cup. This is why it annoys me when dumb !%%% like Green's blunder happens and allows weak teams to look strong. Just feeds into this wild speculation on the part of US fans, who still don't realize that their team's talent level isn't high enough to take it past the group stage at the World Cup on a consistent basis.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Slovenia plays with heart. Their jerseys look like Chralie Brown's shirt though..

20103202121750801.jpg
There's actually a pretty cool explanation for the design. It represents the highest mountain in Slovenia, which is a mountainous nation. The mountain has three peaks, thus the Charlie Brown design. I think this might be my favorite jersey at the tournament.

These mofos have scored 1 (EXTREMELY LUCKY) goal in 120+ minutes so far. I warned U.S. fans that Altidore's poor season with Hull would come back to haunt them. You cant put your hopes on the shoulders of a bench warmer on a relegated team.

I don't think the US will ever have the talent level to win the World Cup, they have always been garbage and things really haven't changed. Their possession skills are absolute trash. I personally like watching them fail, sure I am from the US but I hate hearing the hype constantly about this average team, give me something to cheer about and maybe I will change my mind. Any fans who thought they had a legit shot at going to the semis and even winning the whole thing are delusional.

yeah but you do understand that they play the game for a reason right? cause stuff happens, teams get lucky, teams have off days and upsets do occur. I think USA fans are just believing and have some faith. That's all.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

yeah but you do understand that they play the game for a reason right? cause stuff happens, teams get lucky, teams have off days and upsets do occur. I think USA fans are just believing and have some faith. That's all.
If you're a fan of Argentina, Brazil, England, Holland, Italy, Germany, Spain, etc then you have a right to believe.

You have U.S. fans saying they would beat England, they would make the semis, they would win the WC, Altidore will win golden boot...just spewing a bunch of crap. This team is decent but nothing to brag about.

WOW, that looked so easy... after the USA seemingly had a few good chances!

Tough yellow for Findley

Back
Top Bottom