:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Well with the way that early game went, whoever comes out in 2nd place in Group C may avoid Germany if Serbia puts a beating on Australia.  Or if something crazy happens in the remaining Ghana games.

%@#%! getting interesting now
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by LaSevenTrees

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Obviously he didnt allow advantage because he had the call going the other way you %%%++*+ idiot..Jesus can ESPN get somebody else please..

He said "The only foul that could have been called was on Bradley being held (foul against Slovenia) and even if that was the case the gold would have stood because of them allowing advantage"

For the record, Slovenian players were being held back by US players which stopped them from defending the cross, that was the foul.  Don't listen to these announcers, they are full of #!$%. 
Are you blind?
Yeah dude (airblaster503), you're completely wrong. Everyone was holding onto everyone. Slovenian players were smothering US players and US players were all over Slovenian players.
So the foul could have been called either way.  Personally I don't think anything should have been called, but saying that only the US players were getting fouled is stupid.  The reffing except for that play was pretty good all game, the US actually got away with alot of fouls in the box on earlier free kicks and the ref was pretty quick to pull yellow cards on some players in the second half.
laugh.gif
 you actually are blind 
No son, you are just allowing yourself to believe all that bs the announcer was spewing.  I am not going to argue with a bunch of delusional fans.  The US shouldn't even have allowed themselves to be put in that situation where they were down 2 goals.
first and foremost, i'm not your son.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

i generally watch ESPN's broadcast on mute, today was no exception
laugh.gif
i don't know what the announcers were saying though i bet it was with more insight and better judgement then yourself if you actually think the head official performed welll.obviously criticism will be intensified because of the magnitude of that last missed call but the entire game his performance was inconsistent and some what poor. he held no consistent standard over the course of the game and in the second half his decision making became even more radical in some cases and impartial in others. there were times at many crucial points in the second half where he looked like an amateur official out there, not even confident in his own authority to blow the whistle.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by knightngale

2rf829y.jpg

indifferent.gif
+%%*%!+ ref
Umm, this doesn't really prove anything. Other than the bearhug on Bradley, the contact seems to be going both ways. And the picture doesn't show that DeMerit has his arm around the neck of one of the Slovenian players at the top of the frame.
Your an idiot. You musta hooked up with one of the Slovenian players or somethin

Umm, this doesn't really prove anything. Other than the bearhug on Bradley, the contact seems to be going both ways. And the picture doesn't show that DeMerit has his arm around the neck of one of the Slovenian players at the top of the frame.
Umm, how do you dismiss what is being done to Bradley?  And if you say there is contact going both ways, there shouldn't have been a whistle.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Well with the way that early game went, whoever comes out in 2nd place in Group C may avoid Germany if Serbia puts a beating on Australia.  Or if something crazy happens in the remaining Ghana games.

+%#$$ getting interesting now
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

hi

Originally Posted by ludex360

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

+%#$$ getting interesting now
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

hi
creep

Post game BBM quote from Mo "goals dont come easy in the world cup son n he robbed my %%!" Edu

damn my dude is hurten rite now.....

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Post game BBM quote from Mo "goals dont come easy in the world cup son n he robbed my %%!" Edu

damn my dude is hurten rite now.....

Dude, has a right to be pissed.  To be honest, his game wasn't lookin too nice comin in cold off the bench, but that goal would have completely turned his game around.  Feel for the dude.  Should be a hero right now.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by knightngale

2rf829y.jpg

indifferent.gif
+%%*%!+ ref
Your an idiot. You musta hooked up with one of the Slovenian players or somethin
The classic "your [sic] an idiot" response. Fantastic.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Umm, this doesn't really prove anything. Other than the bearhug on Bradley, the contact seems to be going both ways. And the picture doesn't show that DeMerit has his arm around the neck of one of the Slovenian players at the top of the frame.�

it doesn't need to prove anything we all saw what happened. it was a physical match especially in each team's attacking third, there was only one foul on that play and it was the physical battery on Michael Bradley. of course there was tussling from both sides in the box but there really isn't anything any of you can say to excuse a blatantly wrong call.�
That was my point. Posting the pic just cheapens the cause of the US team, because the dude looks mad bias pointing out Slovenian conduct when it's clearly going both ways in all but one case. We all understand and agree that it was a bad call, don't pollute the situation with pictures that prove nothing.

But if the US fans think this is the first time this sort of thing has happened at the World Cup, you need to wake up. Every team deals with bad calls at some point, and the US fans need to stop playing the victim, because it doesn't help anything. You get lucky sometimes (Green), you get unlucky sometimes, and you get the wrong end of a refereeing decision sometimes. It's part of every sport, and the US will need to put this behind them and beat Algeria by 2 if they want to be taken seriously in the soccer world.  Just be glad it happened at a point where you can and should still recover, unlike other squads that were robbed in the knockout round.

So because it's happened before, it's excusable? If that was the case, the ref wouldn't be getting fried by EVERYONE following the game. Horrible call which may ultimately end up hampering the USA's chances of advancing.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

So because it's happened before, it's excusable? If that was the case, the ref wouldn't be getting fried by EVERYONE following the game. Horrible call which may ultimately end up hampering the USA's chances of advancing.
No one is excusing it, it's pointless to keep playing the victim. It's understood and settled that it was a bad call. OK. What is the US gonna do now?

A) Come out with a chip on their shoulder against Algeria, win by 2 or more goals, and advance to the knockout round despite the refereeing decision.

B) Let this bad decision take the wind out of their sails, come out and choke against Algeria like they did against Poland in 2002 and against Ghana in 2006, and leave the tournament as the poor team that deserved to do better but was robbed by the ref.

I know what a "legitimate" soccer squad would do. I'm not sure what the US will do.

o son, you are just allowing yourself to believe all that bs the announcer was spewing.  I am not going to argue with a bunch of delusional fans. 

delusional is thinking anything in that play except for the defender blatantly bearhugging Bradley doesnt happen 99% of the time on a corner or free kick...defenders draped on Altidore and Bocanegra, Demerit with his arm all over the Slovenian player, all that is technically a foul...are they called? basically never...if you are going to blow the whistle, who do you penalize? without a question you give the pk for Bradley...more often than not, refs call nothing and let the play continue

I know what a "legitimate" soccer squad would do. I'm not sure what the US will do.
They were riding pretty high following that England "draw"; everyone was praising the defense for neutralizing Rooney, saying that Gooch had a great match and that he was back to his old self, etc.  Couple that feel-good atmosphere with their light regard for Slovenia (no matter what they said to the press), and it made for a disastrous first half.  One of the ESPN radio announcers made a great point:  Slovenia beat Russia to advance to the Finals.  If it was Russia vs. the US, you'd have to imagine that Russia would be the favored side, yet Slovenia was getting zero respect.  The US came out flat, got rightly punched in the mouth twice in the first half, clawed their way back, then got punched in the mouth again by that awful call.  *%%* happens.

But the difference between '06 and now is that the US was outmatched by every team in their group four years ago, in both skill and maturity.  They won't be against Algeria, plus they'll have a chip on their shoulder.  I have a feeling that they'll come out strong and will wind up advancing.

I'm so glad I went back to bed after Slovenia took the 2 goal lead. I would have been throwing #%%+ after the disallowed goal. Shoot I'm still upset about that card on Finley.

Time to see England run a train all in Algeria.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

No one is excusing it, it's pointless to keep playing the victim. It's understood and settled that it was a bad call. OK. What is the US gonna do now?

A) Come out with a chip on their shoulder against Algeria, win by 2 or more goals, and advance to the knockout round despite the refereeing decision.

B) Let this bad decision take the wind out of their sails, come out and choke against Algeria like they did against Poland in 2002 and against Ghana in 2006, and leave the tournament as the poor team that deserved to do better but was robbed by the ref.

It's over and done with, and the US has no one to blame but themselves for even being in a 0-2 hole where they had to scrap back to tie.  They shouldn't have been in this position in the first place had their defense done their jobs and played a little better on the ball.  That being said, bad calls happen all the time.  It just sucks that if the US fails to advance, the whistle blown today will probably play a big part in deciding their future. 

Back
Top Bottom