:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

france 
mad.gif

i wanted to see RSA advance 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Damn...welp...at least RSA will win...well should.

France just scored
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, typed that during France's goal...RSA had there chances to make the gap bigger but horribly missed or the GK made a great save. Least they made this simulcast exciting for a while
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

What has to happen for South Africa to move on?

Bafana Bafana!
Right now, I believe, they're 3 goals behind Mexico. So the margin of victory for them and Uruguay combined would need to increase by three goals for them to advance.

The scenario is impossible to accomplish with so little left in both games.

Uruguay will end 1st and face Nigeria/South Korea and Mexico will end 2nd and face Argentina.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

What has to happen for South Africa to move on?

Bafana Bafana!
Right now, I believe, they're 3 goals behind Mexico. So the margin of victory for them and Uruguay combined would need to increase by three goals for them to advance.
No wonder the vuvuzela's aren't blaring as much as I thought they would be with a 2-1 lead 
frown.gif

I don't think many people are shocked at Uruguay and Mexico advancing.

I mean...SA is terrible and France was just falling apart.

Regardless I love this week because teams are advancing
pimp.gif

let's see what goes down with Group B.

Mexico's 5th straight WC where they've advanced to the 2nd round. A very impressive feat for a 'mid-power' in this sport. It looks like they'll be going up against Argentina again for the 2nd tournament in a row. Mexico usually play Argentina very tough so I dont think its a given that Argentina will walk over them.

I cant wait to see how Aguero, Milito, Messi and Di Maria play together today. I'm expecting Argentina to score at least 3 goals
pimp.gif

We may see Maradona's favorite player Martin Palermo come on in the 2nd half. This dude has no business being on the squad whatsoever
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

So did FIFA schedule the games for the same time so no team will throw a game?
Yeah, it's been like this since the 1986 WC.

In 1982 Germany and Austria pretty much colluded so that both of them would advance at the expense of an Algerian team that won 2 matches in the group stage.

Originally Posted by JD214

bafana bafana
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif
Bafana Bafana!!
(Come on that !@%% is fun as hell to say)
laugh.gif
it is. I enjoyed watching them, they put forth spirited performances and represented their country well. And in the grand scheme of things, beating France, tying Mexico and losing to Uruguay isn't an embarrassing result by any means. It's unfortunate that they earn the distinction of being the first host to be eliminated at the start, but if FIFA is truly dedicated to globalization, which it seems to be, this would have happened sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom