Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I was a Tigers fan, I'd be really concerned with that D. The Tigers beat us and the Yanks, both who are homerun hitting teams and didn't put the ball in play as much as the Giants will. They are going to put pressure on that D, which is something we haven't seen yet.

Love Zito in game one. Hate Bumgarner in game two. Dude has been buns for the better part of two months now. Supposedly he fixed a mechanical flaw in the bullpen last week so we'll see.

ughhh bumgarner. hoping zito has a repeat of game 5, if he's on point we go ta chance. i have a feeling we'll get some chances against verlander. if we get a couple runs in i believe in the bullpen to hold it down

If I was a Tigers fan, I'd be really concerned with that D.

Big reason why I got the Giants taking this. Giants hit a ton of bouncers through the infield. Tigers are sporting the heavy infield of Cabrera, Peralta, and Fielder when in SF.

tumblr_mcb8q6SPrq1qb4lmho1_500.gif

wot

tumblr_mcct1dWxlZ1r2q1xio2_500.gif

Last edited:
God why..... Tigers are not even that good IMO, they caught fire at the right time but the last series they played was trash, if not for verlander and fielder I just don't see it, sorry it'll be a good series but the giants have done this too many times, even with no superior pitching we still beating boys that have had superior pitching all season, all we need is to win at home at least one game because we have been a dominant road team all year... Sorry Detroit I know your city is a **** hole so don't destroy it too much once we beat you guys, tigers never been champions and Rudy t of the rockets always said" never doubt the heart of a champion"/thread

damn, I think the Giants will win too but let's not get overly confident.

Last edited:
#Cardinals vet Lance Berkman says in slo-motion Pence's busted-bat screwball was actually illegal (full quote) #Cardinals vet Lance Berkman says in slo-motion Pence's busted-bat screwball was actually illegal (full quote) "It hit the bat three times. It was actually an illegal hit," Berkman said about the hit that flipped Game 7 of the NLCS. "There’s no way the "It hit the bat three times. It was actually an illegal hit," Berkman said about the hit that flipped Game 7 of the NLCS. "There’s no way the umpire can see that. It jammed him so bad that he was able to – I’ve never seen anything like it. The ball essentially rolled up his barrel. umpire can see that. It jammed him so bad that he was able to – I’ve never seen anything like it. The ball essentially rolled up his barrel. That’s why Pete (Kozma) went one way and the ball went there other." That’s why Pete (Kozma) went one way and the ball went there other."

Yo I was tripping reading this :rofl: :rofl:

I have a hard time seeing how the Giants score vs Verlander who pitches 2 games easy, and could work a 3rd if there are any weather delays, or even a game 7 on short rest, or out of the pen if need be.
And it would be wild to see Miguel pull a Triple Crown and a title in the same season. :wow:

That's how I feel. Beating Verlander will be insanely hard.

Anyone think he wins WS MVP if he gets 2 wins?

Last edited:
I'm gonna be in the few, and say Giants in game 5. Detroit is going to get hit hard.

i wanted bumgarner game 1....i see Verlander pitching a complete game ....hopefully our offense shows up, we've been hot

I'm torn. I don't care who wins TBH, I just hope it's an epic 7 game series. I'd like to see Detroit win since they haven't won since 84 but if SF wins, I'd be happy as well. Congrats to both teams for making it!
Pretty much my same stance. I'm pulling for DET because I'd like to see Leyland win another one but I'm cool if SF wins...I like some of the characters on that team. 

Hopefully it's a great series.

Last edited:
i wanted bumgarner game 1....i see Verlander pitching a complete game ....hopefully our offense shows up, we've been hot
I'm interested to see how he does when he has to pitch out of the stretch. He got raked in the ASG by Panda with two on.

Delmon Young is going to have to play LF, he hasn't played there all year. Will he put on a circus show like Vladimir Guerrero did?
Prince Fielder's career stats @ AT&T: .311 AVG .391 OBP 2 HR 10 RBI 8 BB. His power means nothing there.

Bullpen battle goes to SF.
Defense goes to SF.
Giants don't die.

My boss grew up a Tigers fan in the 60s and 70s, he's afraid to tell his family he traded his blue and orange for black and orange :lol:
This will be a fun series, can't wait!

After this series is over, you guys are gonna be really familiar with Max Scherzer (If you aren't already). JV isn't the only SP shutting #*$& down in Detroit, right now.

Just to be clear, you are saying you wanted Bumgarner for game 1 because you expect our offense to get shut out by Verlander.....and you dont want to waste a strong pitching performance?

I cant say I have no faith in the Giants bats, even against JV, but I guess I can get behind this thought patern.

Back
Top Bottom