*** OFFICIAL WU-TANG CLAN: CHAMBER MUSIC THREAD ***

m16

Banned
newwualbum039744.jpg

Wu-Tang supreme architect RZA weighs in, "This album has a very live element of today's musicians playing the vibe of Wu-Tang, know what I mean? The vibe we would normally sample, the vibe of things that we would accumulate through old soul songs, jazz songs, kung fu movies, whatever, now you've got musicians that can play this vibe with Wu-Tang MCs rapping over it. The goal of this album is definitely paying homage to our early sound. In the old days, we had to sample and find snares and things like that or chord changes just to make a beat. Now, this is being done with a band. A lot of times, you hear rappers over a live band and that loses the hip-hop because a lot of those bands from the old days wasn't from the hip-hop generation. On this album, we make it sound like it was in the '36 Chambers' era. To me, what also adds to this album, you've got the Wu-Tang MCs but you also got your other favorite MCs from that era like Havoc, Cormega and others. This album can be played with a live band and it will sound BIG."

TRACKLIST (CONFIRMED)

1. Redemption
2. Kill Too Hard [feat. Inspectah Deck, U-God and Masta Ace]
3. The Abbot [feat. RZA]
4. Harbor Masters [feat. Ghostface Killah, AZ and Inspectah Deck] [click to listen]
5. Sheep State [feat. RZA]
6. Radiant Jewels [Raekwon, Cormega and Sean Price]
7. Supreme Architecture [feat. RZA]
8. Evil Deeds [feat. Ghostface Killah, RZA and Havoc]
9. Wise Men [feat. RZA]
10. I Wish You Were Here [feat. Ghostface Killah and Tre Williams]
11. Fatal Hesitation
12. Ill Figures [feat. Raekwon, M.O.P. and Kool G Rap] [click to listen]
13. Free Like ODB [feat. RZA]
14. Sound The Horns [feat. Inspectah Deck, Sadat X and U-God]
15. Enlightened Statues [feat. RZA]
16. NYC Crack [feat. RZA]
17. One Last Question…

"A radical departure from 8 Diagrams".

Alright, cool, let's see it when it releases.

Thought this was going to be a everything Wu Tang thread, was gonna start talking about that Renaissance Child album but anyway this is a nice surprise.

smh.gif
@ Taking O.D.B.'s name out of the "Wu-Tang is:"

Big Baby Jesus will always be Wu-Tang!!!!!

eek.gif
This shh coming out soon 6/30/09

I'm hoping there's typos in that track listings and the same time I'm not. Masta Ace?
pimp.gif
been waiting for him to rip a Rza beat but at the same time I see noTical
frown.gif
Some nice other collabos though......

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Renaissance Child

pimp.gif
, but nah, it would be too depressing to make a thread for arguably the greatest hip hop group of all-time and probably have it hit 2 pages max with only4 people discussing and then disappear back behind Drake and Weezy threads never to be seen again.

I was so happy when i scored that purple tape. that album was depressing.. inspecta deck is my fav member. his first album was sick

eek.gif

I had no idea of this.......
Harbor masters is okay... ill figures is coo.....

6. Radiant Jewels [Raekwon, Cormega and Sean Price]
happy.gif

A lot of RZA tracks.....

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Renaissance Child
pimp.gif
, but nah, it would be too depressing to make a thread for arguably the greatest hip hop group of all-time and probably have it hit 2 pages max with only 4 people discussing and then disappear back behind Drake and Weezy threads never to be seen again.
True.

So is the album Rae was talking about when 8 diagrams wasn't gettin love/he and Ghost wasn't happy with it? The Wu-Tang vs. Shaolin album that wassuppose to have no Rza production
laugh.gif
? I'm guessing no.

The lack of any Meth seen on the track listings needs to be clarified. Intro should be O.D.B'd out
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nah, it's kind of a hype release for loyal Wu fans to build buzz before OB4CL2 with a more 36 chambers "OG wu-tang" feeling with that classic NYCsound. Good guest spots all around, I'm guessing Meth just didn't wanna be on it or was too busy, and honestly I don't think its gonna takeanything away that he's not on. Probably also why ODB isn't mentioned either... they don't see this as a real new "Wu" album, just alittle side joint. A lot of big fans didn't even know about this
laugh.gif

Strange that this hasn't leaked by now though....

Pardon I while I kiss the sky, Wu album smacking the surface of the earth like Obama's fly

2. Ill Figures [feat. Raekwon, M.O.P. and Kool G Rap] [click to listen]

This was nice, looking forward to the album.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

omgz...feel like a lil kid. cant wait!

just pre-ordered that U-God too

I heard the U-God yesterday. While its not a great album, it does have some pretty good tracks.

I'll probably get the Chamber Music when it releases.

Back
Top Bottom