Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

[h2]Mass Effect sells1 million, Halo 3 moves 5 million[/h2]
Posted Dec 11th 2007 12:00PM by Dustin Burg
Filed under: News, Halo 3, Mass Effect

It's time to shoot off the confetti cannons and drop the balloons, BioWare's Mass Effect has sold over 1 million copies and Halo 3 is at the 5 million mark!

Corporate Vice President of Xbox 360 Global Marketing and oh so likable Jeff Bell confirmed with GameDaily that Mass Effect's sales have officially eclipsed the 1 million sales mark worldwide after being on the market for only three weeks. And that's good news, seeing that estimates initially slated Mass Effect to move around the 300,000 unit mark. Bell also confirmed that a little game called Halo 3 has sold an amazing 5 million copies worldwide since its release in September. Congrats to both BioWare for delivering a solid RPG and Bungie for making Halo 3 what it is. We love you both so much ... we promised we wouldn't cry. Sniffle.

Originally Posted by nnarum

I wish they would add the og arcade games like The Simpsons Arcade and the X-Men arcade games to XBLA. Anyway to petition for them?
i dunno about tha but you know i gotta cop spongebob underpants slam next wed.
pimp.gif

I wish they would add the og arcade games like The Simpsons Arcade and the X-Men arcade games to XBLA. Anyway to petition for them?

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Originally Posted by Datnggag

I just got finished doing Yourfree360games.com..

I did the points system not the referal..Basically i signed up for Simply You..and At Home rewards..the Easiest thing to do is to make a spreadsheet up of the offers you did and the trail closing date..and the number to cancel...The simply you and the at home rewards you can cancel online..I also made up a yahoo email address just so that it doesnt go into my email address....Alot of people also recomend using a prepaid visa card..that way in case you forget to cancel you wont get charged..be careful though because simply you and At home rewards are 7 day trails but they will sign you up for another offer..called your Savings Club..but this is a 3 day trail..it says so really small..Reading is key...Cancel on the 6th day for each of the rewards..I did this on the 30th got credited instantly..and my Guitar Hero III bundle just went to shipping yesterday i should have it tomorrow..

Did you have to cancel the offer on the Savings Club as well, or did you just cancel the At Home and Simply You trials? Also, will the site cancel your credits if you cancel the trial offers? The last thing I want to do is complete the offers, cancel the trials, then find out that yourfree360games.com cancelled my credits before my game shipped out.
I was going to do this for Rock Band, but they're only offering the game. I might as well just go for Guitar Hero 3 since the guitar is included. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

One of the Reps for the site said they were going to to the bundle for 3 offers..but due to the fact that there isnt going to be an abundance of Rock Bandsright now due to the holiday season there only offering the game...

I would wait untill the 6th day to cancel the offers..but the your savings club is only a 3 day trail..so cancel that on the second day..They wont removeyour credits if you wait untill the 6th day...They only do it if you cancel like the same day...My guitar Hero 3 bundle should be arriving today...If i dontlike it imma sell it for 100.00 or so .. well see

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

im not in the NT clan...and my mic stays plugged in...
i was having alot of problems with xbl and cod4 about an hour to 2 hours ago trying to get some search and destroy goin
smh.gif

its working good now for me atleast...

laugh.gif
I was just kidding
tongue.gif

EDIT: Can't get a damn game going
mad.gif

Ok, im trying to break it down

PS3 pros-
-I like the feel of the controller
-I *think* more people will play online longer* (due to the lack of other games on the system, and the abundance on 360)
-I need another PS3 game other than Motorstorm

360 pros
-Already has rumble
-XBL is nice (most of my friends will be online on XBL)
-More people overall will buy the game on 360 (due to the larger installed base of 360's in the US)

Both systems supposedly look identical graphics wise (framerate and such).
*sigh*

Originally Posted by xblaze23

OK so I went through about twenty pages in this thread and while I see mentioning of the red rings thing, can someone tell me if it affects ALL models? I just ordered an Elite from gamestop.com a few days ago.

Are there any models not affected by this issue?
Correct me if im wrong:

Yeah it does affect all current models. By affect I mean that it could happen. However, new/recently (manufactuered after 8/24/07) manufactuered Xbox 360's come with a different chipset that seems to have adressed the issue: Falcon (The current one was called Zephyr.) The falcon chipset is smaller, and it consumes less power.

Search the thread for the post explaining how to determine if you have a Falcon Xbox 360. The easiest way is to read the label outside the box: if it says 175w, its a Falcon. If its 203w, its most likely not.

My recommendation is simply when you purchase an xbox 360 or any gaming system for that matter, make sure you invest in a return policy so that if your system dies whether it be to red lights of death, or your dog taking a number 2 on it: you can return it//get a new one. I recommend Costco.

Just because it uses less power doesn't mean it won't happen now. I agree and disagree with your statement, xblaze. The problem with the red lightsultimately came from the heat and warping of a cheap motherboard. Instead of fixing the SOURCE they went the round about way (ie heatsinks and nicer proc -although the new processor is good for a variety of reasons).
Unfortunately, it's my understanding that although the chance of the 3 red lights happening on newer models has decreased, it is still apossibility to happen, especially if you stuff it into a little shelf where the heat from the back can't dissipate quickly.

my gt is

that blue magic

ima finally get my comcast internet back today so hit me up ! prolly just halo3...

Quote:
yo nick

did you have to use a modded 360 to play the cod torrent?
TEAM XBOX360
.::GAMERTAG - nickthestick2st::.
Go-Getta's yea we flamin' em, whips candy paintin' em, 21's on the Charger they callin' me Ladainian.

In COD4 can you play split screen online ranked matches?
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002​

^Let someone at MS actually start thinking and put fire pro wrestling on the 360 with online support. Mad people will be on it.

^ No co-op...I'm not even sure you can split screen online multiplayer, but i know for sure you can't co-op for the campaign stuff.
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

I average about 19 kills. but my deaths average almost the same.
laugh.gif

c4 + juggernaut ($%!!+!) + matyrdom

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

so ive got 3600 points left, what to cop?

ive purchased Lumines since i couldnt put it down back when i had my PSP.

i got the song packs for GH 2 and 3 as well as rockband that i wanted as well.

not sure i want SF since ive sucked at it since i was 4, same with paperboy.

what should i get?
3600 points can go fast if you get addicted to buying stuff
devil.gif
22episodes of south park although you probably could just stream um over the net for free... sensible world of soccer...metal slug 3.. double dragon....teenagemutant ninja turtles the arcade game...golden axe.. or save it for goldeneye and bionic commando
pimp.gif

havent played with any NTer yet so add me if you want to get worked in COD lol jk

gt : blueghost3500

Rank 43

Back
Top Bottom