Official Xbox 360 Post: For those who CARE, COD4 patch is now available

Originally Posted by Teddythegr:nerd:ne

i wanna get rainbow six vegas two. Is it worth getting vegas one tomorrow? Its supposed to be on sale this coming up week for 29.99 at best buy but if i decide to do a trade in i might get a used one for 35

The first one is a flawed genius. Greatly flawed.

iight so my x box is acting up right now everytime i try to play a game it says unplayable disc for all my games
is there anyway i can fix this or get it fixed

i'm loving the lost odyssey commercial.
i heard that lost odyssey is going to have some elements of alice in wonderland just like in the song, such a great choice of music.
how many people here preordered this besides me?

I'm hoping for at least 4 new maps for COD4. Wasn't an update going to be released for it too? I heard about it awhile back and haven't seenanything since.

And I think NBA 2K8 is way better than NBA2K7. It took me a little while to get used to it and to come to that conclusion, but now I just love the way 2K8plays.

Rumors are going around about Crackdown 2
pimp.gif

One of my favorite games...

I just rented 2k8 and I was wondering, how do you save the rosters update you get online so that you can play with it in the main menu like in season mode andwhat not. Any info will be appreciated because I'm not trying to play with these rosters from a November update.

I had a question about Mass Effect. My dad is playing it right now and every time he tries to travel to Antibaar, the screen just goes black. He can't doanything after that except shut the system down. I was wondering if Mass Effect is known to have bugs like this in it and if so, should I just try to exchangeit for a new copy? I bought it from Best Buy and I still have the receipt. Any help is appreciated.

Anyone know how to download the roster updates on NBA LIVE 08 for the 360? I've been trying different things and nothings been working. Anyone shed somelight?

sounds good. copped first thing tomm morning. Saw people talking about it in the PS3 thread but not much in here, just wanted to know if there was a difference

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ondadownlow

Originally Posted by presequel

nah, hd-dvd is dead. its pretty much a clearance item.

laugh.gif
What is up with all these PS3 dudes coming in here and dropping one liners? Got nothing else to play, ehmmm, excuse me, nothing else to talk about in that PS3 thread? Just leave us alone people, we don't want you here.
i find it hilarious. as if the hd dvd format fails, like microsoft wont make a blu ray dvd add on
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i have a 360. i've had it since day one.

i also happen to have a ps3. i play both systems. oh, i have a wii as well.

never have i bashed on the 360, even when i got the rrod. sent it in, got it back, was good to go ever since.

but what we are talking about here is a disc format, not games. its very obvious that hd-dvd is dying since everything that happened around CES. i neversaid microsoft would never make a blu-ray add on. it just doesn't make sense to me to spend money on a dying format, just because its cheap. i'm notsure that worked out for people when laser discs went outta style. its better off waiting for the format wars to finish for sure, then get those movies youreally want on one format, instead of buying the movies you want on hd-dvd now because they are cheap, and then having to buy them AGAIN on the chosen formatthat wins.

good job on making assumptions
happy.gif
because you failed.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
What is up with all these PS3 dudes coming in here and dropping one liners? Got nothing else to play, ehmmm, excuse me, nothing else to talk about in that PS3 thread? Just leave us alone people, we don't want you here.
i find it hilarious. as if the hd dvd format fails, like microsoft wont make a blu ray dvd add on
laugh.gif

roll.gif

never have i bashed on the 360, even when i got the rrod. sent it in, got it back, was good to go ever since.

but what we are talking about here is a disc format, not games. its very obvious that hd-dvd is dying since everything that happened around CES. i never said microsoft would never make a blu-ray add on. it just doesn't make sense to me to spend money on a dying format, just because its cheap. i'm not sure that worked out for people when laser discs went outta style. its better off waiting for the format wars to finish for sure, then get those movies you really want on one format, instead of buying the movies you want on hd-dvd now because they are cheap, and then having to buy them AGAIN on the chosen format that wins.

happy.gif
because you failed.
pimp.gif

Well in that case, let me pop in my Batman Begins Blu-ray... Whoops! No Batman Blu-ray yet...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

but what we are talking about here is a disc format, not games. its very obvious that hd-dvd is dying since everything that happened around CES. i never said microsoft would never make a blu-ray add on. it just doesn't make sense to me to spend money on a dying format, just because its cheap. i'm not sure that worked out for people when laser discs went outta style. its better off waiting for the format wars to finish for sure, then get those movies you really want on one format, instead of buying the movies you want on hd-dvd now because they are cheap, and then having to buy them AGAIN on the chosen format that wins.

happy.gif
because you failed.
pimp.gif
and you arent making assumptions about hd dvd right?

Originally Posted by nnarum

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

happy.gif
because you failed.
pimp.gif

Well in that case, let me pop in my Batman Begins Blu-ray... Whoops! No Batman Blu-ray yet...
That appears to be on the verge of changing, however, following Warner's seismic shift late last week to Blu-ray exclusivity. Speaking with High-Def Digest, Tsujishara stated that the studio is preparing several Profile 1.1 titles --specifically the library of nearly a dozen Warner titles previously released on HD DVD that used that format's HDi technology to deliver the studio's "In Movie Experience" picture-in-picture video commentary and other interactive features.

"We held off releasing them on Blu-ray because we wanted to be able to have the full interactivity," said Tsujishara. "At this point in time, we're still working out all the kinks [with the technology], but they will be released soon.

Two titles specifically cited by Tsujishara as being prepped for Blu-ray release were 'Batman Begins,' and the blockbuster 'Matrix' trilogy, although he stopped short of naming actual street dates."
So it's coming soon. Yes, its not out now. Its not a title that won't ever be available for blu-ray......because its coming soon. But, ifyou want The Dark Knight when it releases on a format around Christmas (just guessing on that date since its coming out in the summer).......it will be blu-rayonly, not hd.

well, i most certainly am. but my assumptions are based of numerous reports and opinions from tv, internet, blogs etc. Also based off real worldsales numbers and major movie studies becoming blu-ray exclusive or just backing them period.

the assumption the poster made about me was based off one line. so, they're not even close to being the same. I didn't even have the ps3 nba2k8 leaguein my sig, so I don't even know why he assumed I was a Sony guy. I'm not, I just own the system. I'm a casual gamer so it doesn't really matterto me who 'wins'. I have all 3 systems, why would I care?

And once again, Sony did not invent nor does it own Blu-Ray, it was developed and is owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association. There are many companies involvedhere, not the least of which are Sony, Apple, Dell, HP, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, LG, Samsung, etc., etc. They did not develop it like 'betamax' or'md', its entirely different. People get really confused and assume Sony invented it because they were the first with a blu-ray player and are a majorplayer in this format war. Its true that Sony has alot to gain if blu-ray wins, but they did not 'invent' it.

That last part was not towards u Noblekane, btw.

So, anyways, it just seems very unlikely at this stage for HD-DVD to succeed. Is it possible? Sure, anything can happen. But the chances right now are veryslim with the way things have been going for them. But if you want to go out and buy the player, by all means go ahead since its price is really low now, butdon't complain if later down the line if the format is no longer supported with new content. The warning signs are here now.

Anyways, this is a 360 thread. I'm not trying to bring 'hate' or 'ps3 love' or whatever it may be. If its wrong to support both systemsthen oops
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

yooo who be playing call of duty 4 in here?? thats what its about. lemme c how your klikky clakk game is like. i get bussy with the AK-47

Originally Posted by nnarum

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

happy.gif
because you failed.
pimp.gif

That appears to be on the verge of changing, however, following Warner's seismic shift late last week to Blu-ray exclusivity. Speaking with High-Def Digest, Tsujishara stated that the studio is preparing several Profile 1.1 titles --specifically the library of nearly a dozen Warner titles previously released on HD DVD that used that format's HDi technology to deliver the studio's "In Movie Experience" picture-in-picture video commentary and other interactive features.

"We held off releasing them on Blu-ray because we wanted to be able to have the full interactivity," said Tsujishara. "At this point in time, we're still working out all the kinks [with the technology], but they will be released soon.

Two titles specifically cited by Tsujishara as being prepped for Blu-ray release were 'Batman Begins,' and the blockbuster 'Matrix' trilogy, although he stopped short of naming actual street dates."
So it's coming soon. Yes, its not out now. Its not a title that won't ever be available for blu-ray......because its coming soon. But, if you want The Dark Knight when it releases on a format around Christmas (just guessing on that date since its coming out in the summer).......it will be blu-ray only, not hd.

well, i most certainly am. but my assumptions are based of numerous reports and opinions from tv, internet, blogs etc. Also based off real world sales numbers and major movie studies becoming blu-ray exclusive or just backing them period.

the assumption the poster made about me was based off one line. so, they're not even close to being the same. I didn't even have the ps3 nba2k8 league in my sig, so I don't even know why he assumed I was a Sony guy. I'm not, I just own the system. I'm a casual gamer so it doesn't really matter to me who 'wins'. I have all 3 systems, why would I care?

And once again, Sony did not invent nor does it own Blu-Ray, it was developed and is owned by the Blu-ray Disc Association. There are many companies involved here, not the least of which are Sony, Apple, Dell, HP, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, LG, Samsung, etc., etc. They did not develop it like 'betamax' or 'md', its entirely different. People get really confused and assume Sony invented it because they were the first with a blu-ray player and are a major player in this format war. Its true that Sony has alot to gain if blu-ray wins, but they did not 'invent' it.

That last part was not towards u Noblekane, btw.

So, anyways, it just seems very unlikely at this stage for HD-DVD to succeed. Is it possible? Sure, anything can happen. But the chances right now are very slim with the way things have been going for them. But if you want to go out and buy the player, by all means go ahead since its price is really low now, but don't complain if later down the line if the format is no longer supported with new content. The warning signs are here now.

Anyways, this is a 360 thread. I'm not trying to bring 'hate' or 'ps3 love' or whatever it may be. If its wrong to support both systems then oops
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, yes, yes... I never said you were wrong.. I was just stating that there are HD DVD's out now you cannot get on Blu-ray... The original questionwas if it was a great deal... Obviously it is... HD content > no HD content... Why can't you buy both? Is there some law you cannot have them both? Isit a faux pas? No! What I was stating is that you can build a nice collection of HD content for a fraction of what Blu-ray will cost you... Even if the formatfails, you still have your movies... Granted unless your HD drive fails...

Back
Top Bottom