Official Xbox 360 Thread...Xfinity, HBOGO, MLB TV up

Originally Posted by mikejs210

Sometimes I can't do %+#@ in Gears with these dudes rolling and using the sawed off 
30t6p3b.gif

Once I got out of the Casual playlist and went into Standard, dudes were wall bouncing and all that all over the place.

Ya'll got any tips for a newbie trying to keep up with these hardcore players 
embarassed.gif

I still need to go through Horde too.  Add me if you wanna run that. 
Really no solid tips in this game that will improve you immediately...it's just a matter of playing for a long time and understanding the mechanics that lets you succeed in this game and begin to appreciate the beauty of a head shot.
laugh.gif

With that being said, GOW is without a doubt, an infinite time better when playing with some pals. Throughout online play you'll get better communication and tactics laid out with your pals and since this game is only a 5v5 the team that communicates is bound to dominate.
-Don't go to Ranked unless you're stacked with a team.
-Get familiar with not going crazy and running around it this game...it'll more than likely get you killed. Lay low and wait....patience is key.
-If you're a total newbie like you said, just stick with the retro for those close encounters to low-mid range. Don't underestimate the power of the snub pistol as well, it's a great long range weapon when you don't have anything else.
-Power weapons can change the tide of the battle, learn hot spots and certain flanking routes that can score you easy kills and the opportunity to hog the power weapon.
-Don't two-piece
Those are just a couple off the top of my head while studying
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DroSeph

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by DroSeph

I was wondering if anyone else' Xbox 360 Slim has the 'Open Tray Error?' Every time I stick a disc in, it will say 'reading' then 'open tray'. I can't load any discs at all. Does anyone know how to fix this? Sending it in to MS won't work cause I'm out of warranty. Is the only way for me to fix it to open the Xbox up? Someone help please.
i had the issue with my older white model 360, and you might have to send it back.  i fixed mine by opening it up and cleaning the dvd drive, but this is a common problem
I rather buy a new Xbox for 200 then send it into MS to fix it for 130 plus the months it'll take. How did you fix it when you opened it? Can you show me how, or the exact same guide you used? Thanks in advance.
http://www.youtube.com/wa...feature=player_embedded#!

I need some people to run games with. I play with friends and they usually play 3 games and get off.
ohwell.gif

My first Gears of war but I picked it up pretty quickly and my K/d is rising.

GT: x doc holiday

Damn I'm embarrassed to even run a few with some of you. I totally suck at this game, but hey at least I'm having fun.

Originally Posted by CLuTcH 713

I need some people to run games with. I play with friends and they usually play 3 games and get off.
ohwell.gif

My first Gears of war but I picked it up pretty quickly and my K/d is rising.

GT: x doc holiday
Added you man look out for CheapGrampsJoe. To everyone who just started give it sometime before you fully have everything down. Really took me over a year of playing Gears 2 to get my shot to be decent. One way to learn is by ghost camera the top guy on your team when your waiting to spawn, you can learn a lot by just watching.

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Ma didnt know you would get on gears....Hit me up next time we can run on some casual. 
i've always got gears for the co-op campaign, but i never put too much time into the MP though.

Sometimes I can't do %+#@ in Gears with these dudes rolling and using the sawed off 
30t6p3b.gif

Once I got out of the Casual playlist and went into Standard, dudes were wall bouncing and all that all over the place.

embarassed.gif

that's where i'm at right now too. i kill in casual, but i have trouble with people who know how the game works in standard.

is there a level cap in casual?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

King of the Hill > *

None stop action.
pimp.gif

IMO:

Gears 1 multiplayer was all about Warzone/Execution, Counter Strike type games.
Gears 2 multiplayer was all about Annex/King of The Hill territory games. Mainly Annex.
Gears 3 multiplayer is all about, or at least mostly about Team Deathmatch.

Easily the best and most fun multiplayer game mode in Gears 3 for me. KOTH is fun as well, but way too many situations where the guy spawns right behind you.

The new spotting system in Gears 3 is THE most revolutionary and innovative gameplay feature in multiplayer shooters I've witnessed since health regeneration was introduced. I don't know why more people aren't talking about it, or using it when they play the game. It is absolutely brilliant, and gives the game such a tactical aspect. They've tried to make Gears 2 more tactical by making the movement of players slower, but that didn't really work out well. This does.

I have no idea how this game doesn't have higher grades. Not that they are low or anything, but this game is phenomenal. The multiplayer is PERFECT.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

30t6p3b.gif

embarassed.gif

that's where i'm at right now too. i kill in casual, but i have trouble with people who know how the game works in standard.

Do not think so, just if you played a previous Gears game, they block that playlist off for you. So casual only has new players. 

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

Ma didnt know you would get on gears....Hit me up next time we can run on some casual. 
i've always got gears for the co-op campaign, but i never put too much time into the MP though.

30t6p3b.gif

embarassed.gif

Level 20 is the cap for casual

Yo! I desperately need some assistance on Horde right now, I made it to level 50 but these clowns I was playing with quit now I'm stuck.

Add me: Gator Boy 24 and help me do this please.

I know its a lost cause but I'm short on time, whats a good place give the best value to trade in games?

[h1]Bloomberg: Xbox Live getting Comcast, Verizon access; expects HBO, Crackle, Bravo, Syfy, Lovefilm, and more[/h1]
by Christopher Grant   on Sep 29th 2011 11:38AM

http://www.blogsmithmedia...media/comment-tail.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 0px; right: 0px; line-height: 23px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">59

A report earlier this month said that Microsoft's upcoming "Live TV" service -- part of the Xbox 360's upcoming Dashboard refresh -- would feature pay television service from the likes of Comcast and Verizon, who have 22.5 million and 3.8 million TV subscribers, respectively. Now, the far more reputable Bloomberg is reporting the same, citing "people with knowledge of the situation."

"Microsoft [...] is in talks with almost two dozen providers of music, sports, movies and TV shows in the U.S. and Europe, and may announce an expanded Xbox Live streaming service as soon as next week, said one of the people, who weren't authorized to speak publicly," Bloomberg reports. But it's not just Comcast and Verizon. Microsoft also "expects to sign deals with Time Warner Inc. (TWX)'s HBO cable channel, Sony Pictures Entertainment's Crackle streaming service, NBC Universal's Bravo and Syfy channels and Lovefilm UK, a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN)," one of Bloomberg's sources says.

Overall, Microsoft is "in talks with almost two dozen providers of music, sports, movies and TV shows in the U.S. and Europe" and it could announce the fruits of those negotiations "as soon as next week." Two of Bloomberg's sources say that existing customers of both Comcast and Verizon will only need to prove they are pay-TV customers to gain access to the services on the Xbox.http://

pimp.gif

Made it to wave 30 last night on Horde but it was getting late and I had to be @ work at 7am
frown.gif

Stuck home tonight with a busted ankle.

Hit me on Gears if your lookin to play TDM. Sick of playin with people that are higher levels than me but don't get how to win a match.

GT=NotoriousLAR

Back
Top Bottom