OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Ok ok went to drake thread it’s just as bad as kayne thread no one has room to say anything. It’s a safe place for people to be fans.

except the ye thread got way more detractors.

then again like said drake going to give you drake and he’s not really polarizing hence not many detractors

People say they want fresh tbh n words want what they know. Hence dudes mess with they ex and order the same damn combo at eat spot.

Yeah, this is a terrible way to gauge an album.
Lupe Fiasco is still one of the best doing it, Drogas Wave was one of the best albums of the last decade, yet he didn’t sell anything and his next album won’t either.

sales don’t mean ish
Lupe is way underrated! I'm from Detroit and I'm taking Lu in the battle against Royce. He's just different!

Lupe is way underrated! I'm from Detroit and I'm taking Lu in the battle against Royce. He's just different!

I revisited Lupes discography (minus Lasers, including all the unreleased music) over the past year or so… dude really might be the best to ever do it. The story telling, the flows, the double and triple entendres, the concepts are all top notch.
Mural and Mural JR >>>
Nobody ever talks about him at all though. I can’t wait for him to release whatever album he recently recorded. Drill Music in Zion I think it’s called?

Ok ok went to drake thread it’s just as bad as kayne thread no one has room to say anything. It’s a safe place for people to be fans.

except the ye thread got way more detractors.

then again like said drake going to give you drake and he’s not really polarizing hence not many detractors

People say they want fresh tbh n words want what they know. Hence dudes mess with they ex and order the same damn combo at eat spot.

“Drake going to give you Drake” so an album that’s mid with a few songs that go big on TikTok?

Seeing Drake's roll out makes me appreciate Ye so much more. Everyone may not always agree or it doesn't resonate with everyone but he's going to look for some new dope ways to get it done.

I get everything doesn't need a grandiose roll out but Drake's is 100% that, just really lacking in creativity. It's simple **** to get meme's rolling & social media talking, but it's just bland.

That's what i've noticed from the reviews online, this era of Ye just isn't for the people who want to hear traditional hiphop, whether that be traditional Rap or traditional in the sense of today's music. A lot of the **** Ye does now is just abrasive musically & is too far off from the popular sound.

man i've played this through a couple times now and this **** is all over the place
no doubt kanye's production is great especially when you look at the tracks individually.
but as a cohesive project this **** is wack and doesn't flow well at all.

and as far as his actual rapping ability it's terrible. he has progressively gotten super corny and soft af

Seeing Drake's roll out makes me appreciate Ye so much more. Everyone may not always agree or it doesn't resonate with everyone but he's going to look for some new dope ways to get it done.

I get everything doesn't need a grandiose roll out but Drake's is 100% that, just really lacking in creativity. It's simple **** to get meme's rolling & social media talking, but it's just bland.

That's what i've noticed from the reviews online, this era of Ye just isn't for the people who want to hear traditional hiphop, whether that be traditional Rap or traditional in the sense of today's music. A lot of the **** Ye does now is just abrasive musically & is too far off from the popular sound.

I’ll tell you what man, as annoyed we were at the time that the album didn’t drop after the first two listening parties, it was a lot of fun anticipating them with my g/f. Wasting two hours each time waiting for the event to start but still having to watch them each time lol.
I asked her today if she thought the listening events contributed to how much she enjoys the album and she said they probably did.

Overall the rollout was pretty enjoyable and cool to see how the songs progressed.

man i've played this through a couple times now and this **** is all over the place
no doubt kanye's production is great especially when you look at the tracks individually.

and as far as his actual rapping ability it's terrible. he has progressively gotten super corny and soft af

First of all , Life of Pablo was just as all over the place if not more.
Second, how are we talking corny Kanye lines in 2021 when he literally rapped “in a French-a** restaurant, hurry up with my damn crossaints in 2013”

People keep saying Kanye’s rapping declined as if he was ever a great rapper. I really don’t see how he’s flowing/rapping any worse than anything he’s put out over the past decade.

First of all , Life of Pablo was just as all over the place if not more.
Second, how are we talking corny Kanye lines in 2021 when he literally rapped “in a French-a** restaurant, hurry up with my damn crossaints in 2013”

People keep saying Kanye’s rapping declined as if he was ever a great rapper. I really don’t see how he’s flowing/rapping any worse than anything he’s put out over the past decade.

It’s definitely his best version of the album he’s been remaking since Pablo :lol:

but it ain’t 2000-2011 Ye quality of raps/music to me.
Quality of the music is equal to 03 - 11 Ye to me. I think I enjoy it more but only because the subject matter fits what I'm attempting to achieve right now.

The rapping though has definitely regressed. Is what it is.

Ultralight Beam is an all-timer but I don’t think i dig the rest of TLOP like i am with Donda rn

There’s more ratio of good songs/mid on donda for me (makes sense since theirs close to 30 tracks on this thing lol)

I just wish Ye had some devil in him left and let out the cursing

Believe what I say was hit before Apple Music put the star by it. It’s as vintage Kanye as you’re gonna get these days, could easily have been a fit on one of his first three albums. Hella songs on here can be referenced to specific albums from the past, honestly he could back out after this project and it be understandable. No doubt the Yandhi stuff may never surface, but he took cues from every album he’s dropped for this project.

Ultralight Beam is an all-timer but I don’t think i dig the rest of TLOP like i am with Donda rn

There’s more ratio of good songs/mid on donda for me (makes sense since theirs close to 30 tracks on this thing lol)

I just wish Ye had some devil in him left and let out the cursing
The listening parties were explicit. He definitely has that version in the cut, smart move by him to double dip on streams when he does inevitably drop it.

He needed to use the track order from LP2. That had the best flow. Felt like a very cohesive album in real time and even though I don’t like the Donda chant it kind of split the album like an A side and B side and each half had its own feel.

Kanye has always been a mixed bag when it comes to lyrics, that's never been his elite skill. But he still has these verses scattered throughout

I think these are just as on point as any of the verses you posted & these are recent years. As someone who listens to Ye a lot the variance between "old ye" & new ye in terms of rap isn't big at all, just that the public perception has changed.

I revisited Lupes discography (minus Lasers, including all the unreleased music) over the past year or so… dude really might be the best to ever do it. The story telling, the flows, the double and triple entendres, the concepts are all top notch.
Mural and Mural JR >>>
Nobody ever talks about him at all though. I can’t wait for him to release whatever album he recently recorded. Drill Music in Zion I think it’s called?
I agree man. Only thing that he misses on sometimes is great production but he's arguably the GOAT. He has all the tools honestly.

Back
Top Bottom