OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

I'm going to say less. The timing of 808's in contrast to what was going on his life was perfect. I felt like I was on the ride with him and could relate much more on a human level w/o interruption. I can't do that on Yeezus without millionaire pity (I.E. "I hate being famous") Esq lyrics coming into play. Which is needless to say..most of us can't relate to. When you reach that level I think you need to focus on making music for the people and remaining as human as possible. Focusing on things that cost nothing but are known to everyone. Love, Hate, Death, & a Celebration of Life. Look at every Icon before him that became a legend and you can see when they hit this level of thinking. Micheal Jackson..hell even Pac hit that point. He is at that point where he can go either way. This was the one bad project each artist has sooner or later.
Totally agree. With that being said I still believe that Kanye is the most "human" major hip hop artist today.

If there is any album released this year that is not human at all, and detached from the rest of society and totally unrelatable, it's gotta be MCHG. The amount of times Jay Z references Basquiat and Picasso is terrible. He's that ultra cool guy now with no chip on his shoulder, no challenges, just pure braggadocio with nothing to sympathize with. 

I think with Yeezus anybody dealing with a terrible girlfriend and chaotic family/friends can relate. (Kim K) 

PLVN some of these critiques are borderline personal attacks
laugh.gif

He understands human nature? What?

Man if you rap about what you know, then you are as human as you can be.

So Kanye is the most human because he's emotional and depressed?

:lol:

You can say he's the most relatable (even though that's debatable) but he's the most human? :lol:

kanye's music doesn't connect with different types of people now?  a lot of you guys man...

Love 808's And Heartbreaks. My 2nd favorite project from Ye.

Sincerely hope he makes another project full of melodies and harmonies like that album.

kanye's music doesn't connect with different types of people now?  a lot of you guys man...

Honestly. Kanye's fanbase is one of the most diverse, arguably the most diverse, of all current hip-hop artists today. His music definitely connects with different types of people.

I think by "human" he meant Ye being most grounded when it comes to being an actual person and not being afraid to share that through his music. Not feeding into being a superstar to the point you get nothing but material things when you listen to his music. Which sadly happens to be the "sound" of about 85% of mainstream urban culture at this point.

The album has definitely gotten better over a few months. The way I look at it is there's just so much going on with the production. Aggressive sounds, wacky structures, and tons of voice effects and stuff. At first the whole thing is just in your face; after getting used to the songs your ears can sort it out and enjoy it more.

The only thing that will keep this from the status of Kanye's other albums is it still lacks that Ye touch. All the albums have been cohesive and with direction, outside of Cruel Summer. This has a unifying sound... through some of it. Ye didn't seem to take as much time to craft this one. There are a few songs that show it more clearly, but as a whole it just sounds unfinished for a Kanye album. Like an incomplete thought. "Bound 2" is a prime example. His lyrics are pretty ******, and it being stuck at the end is just shifting too many gears from the 9 songs before that it's hard to enjoy at the end.

who said that?

laugh.gif
y'all N_s be in here crying for no reason.

we just laughed at dude calling him the most human rapper.
he explained himself and said "reaches different people" and y'all still laughed.  "y'all N_s be in here crying for no reason." take that self righteous **** that way. 

Last edited:
I actually agree.

Most of these _'s are super heroes/characters. You can place where Kanye is, emotionally, through his music. With most other rappers, it's where they are physically or financially.

And it doesn't seem to be a character for Kanye. Like, he's not playing emo, he's sad. He's not playing angry, he actually is. He's not "cool." He just kinda makes however he's feeling cool.

I love Jay. But, he's had his heart broken/cared about a girl like twice in 17 years. Seriously doubt that's a reflection of his actual life. (or maybe it is) He really doesn't talk about anything on a emotional level with any type of relatable sensibility. He's just...closed off. But, he speaks to that in his music, as well. Not a knock. And, he honestly came up in a time period where "emotion" wasn't the norm. Pac was out. But, even he was this super thug just to balance out any type of emotion he ever showed.

Kanye ushered in (for better or worse) emotion. And actually being a "human"...not a character. And that's not to say that the rest of these guys are acting, per se. They grew up how and where they grew up. And they act accordingly. It *is* to say that most people who grew up that way are detached, a bit, emotionally. And do lose a bit of that "humanity" by force of environment.

He's the rapper that has distinct eras in his music. And he really hasn't been around that long. Drake is another "human" rapper. But, he's younger. And I don't think he has an actual handle on his emotion yet. He tries to get it all on one CD. Which is understandable. And arguably more "human." But, he hasn't locked in to a zone for a full body of work. This is a mainstream thing, though. Because you have tons of "regular people" rapping on the level below these guys. And they're not "emo" they're just regular guys who rap. Which is very human, as well. (After painting human as being emotional for an entire post, I know.)

It's what they get criticized for, ultimately, because Drake can't say he'll catch a body like that or be tough on a song. at all. Because people want him to be this emotional/soft guy. But, he's a guy like every other _ you know.

It's just this hyper masculine way that guys are supposed to emote. And Kanye isn't afraid to break that. Drake isn't afraid to break that. Even with being called gay and/or soft.

Last edited:
he explained himself and said "reaches different people" and y'all still laughed.  "y'all N_s be in here crying for no reason." 
take that self righteous **** that way. 

it was clearly just funny to us the terms he used followed by saying the man understands human nature.

you should calm down bruh, you sound perturbed :lol:

I actually agree.

Most of these _'s are super heroes/characters. You can place where Kanye is, emotionally, through his music. With most other rappers, it's where they are physically or financially.

And it doesn't seem to be a character for Kanye. Like, he's not playing emo, he's sad. He's not playing angry, he actually is. He's not "cool." He just kinda makes however he's feeling cool.

I love Jay. But, he's had his heart broken/cared about a girl like twice in 17 years. Seriously doubt that's a reflection of his actual life. (or maybe it is) He really doesn't talk about anything on a emotional level with any type of relatable sensibility. He's just...closed off. But, he speaks to that in his music, as well. Not a knock. And, he honestly came up in a time period where "emotion" wasn't the norm. Pac was out. But, even he was this super thug just to balance out any type of emotion he ever showed.

Kanye ushered in (for better or worse) emotion. And actually being a "human"...not a character. And that's not to say that the rest of these guys are acting, per se. They grew up how and where they grew up. And they act accordingly. It *is* to say that most people who grew up that way are detached, a bit, emotionally. And do lose a bit of that "humanity" by force of environment.

He's the rapper that has distinct eras in his music. And he really hasn't been around that long. Drake is another "human" rapper. But, he's younger. And I don't think he has an actual handle on his emotion yet. He tries to get it all on one CD. Which is understandable. And arguably more "human." But, he hasn't locked in to a zone for a full body of work. This is a mainstream thing, though. Because you have tons of "regular people" rapping on the level below these guys. And they're not "emo" they're just regular guys who rap. Which is very human, as well. (After painting human as being emotional for an entire post, I know.)

It's what they get criticized for, ultimately, because Drake can't say he'll catch a body like that or be tough on a song. at all. Because people want him to be this emotional/soft guy. But, he's a guy like every other _ you know.

It's just this hyper masculine way that guys are supposed to emote. And Kanye isn't afraid to break that. Drake isn't afraid to break that. Even with being called gay and/or soft.
Yeezus is trash 

I actually agree.

Cudi...

Back
Top Bottom