OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

earliest would be the end of 2014 (nov dec) latest would be summer 2015 imi

Last edited:
How do you deny the affect that 808's had on hip hop. AUTO TUNE WAS EVERYWHERE. T-pain did it and it was funny, kanye did it and people abused it to death.

These are the comments I find hysterical.

Someone else did it before him with massive success....let's discredit it or ignore it.

Let's pretend like Auto Tune wasn't EVERYWHERE because of T-Pain. Maybe that's how he wound up on "Good Life" :lol:

Like he's not the reason Ron Browz had some shine etc.

Kanye did it years later....let's fawn over it. Let's call it a "masterpiece". Even if many of the songs are just not that well written.

Or well performed because of the ridiculous amounts of autotune.

Y'all are wild :lol:

Dudes like Pharrell, Andre make genre breaking, emotional music years before, let's ignore it.

Mos Def makes "Umi Says". Diddy does "Last Night". Cudi makes "Day N Nite". Q-tip makes this in 2001.

Let's just assume Kanye never heard any of those. HA!

Last edited:
These are the comments I find hysterical.

Someone else did it before him with massive success....let's discredit it or ignore it.

Let's pretend like Auto Tune wasn't EVERYWHERE because of T-Pain. Maybe that's how he wound up on "Good Life" :lol:

Like he's not the reason Ron Browz had some shine etc.

Kanye did it years later....let's fawn over it. Let's call it a "masterpiece". Even if many of the songs are just not that well written.

Or well performed because of the ridiculous amounts of autotune.

Y'all are wild :lol:

Dudes like Pharrell, Andre make genre breaking, emotional music years before, let's ignore it.

Mos Def makes "Umi Says". Diddy does "Last Night". Cudi makes "Day N Nite". Q-tip makes this in 2001.

Let's just assume Kanye never heard any of those. HA!

illphillip illphillip stop. You know I'm one of the main ones in here trying to pierce holes through the kanye worship. I'm not downplaying what T-pain did at all because he made it mainstream but again he is an R&B singer. Kanye, a rapper who at the time had reached a new peak in his career made a WHOLE ALBUM that was auto tuned. Straight left field from his work up until that point and a polar opposite of the album he released a year prior. Nobody is saying kanye did auto time first. I'm saying when kanye did it, rappers got the go ahead to get whiny on tracks

Last edited:
illphillip is one of the most knowledgable dudes in this forum, he knows what he's talking about. Seasoned vet with industry experience, these are the type of things he's seen firsthand with the artists.

illphillip is one of the most knowledgable dudes in this forum, he knows what he's talking about. Seasoned vet with industry experience, these are the type of things he's seen firsthand with the artists.

not sure if serious but based on what you said previously you might be serious :rofl:

skeptical-hippo-1.jpg

pretty sure the album is done if not almost done

def jam already heard it i doubt it will release this year but its possible

just gotta pray n hit da la flame pose

2cfqjp2.jpg

Last edited:
No one knew Yeezus was releasing until like a month beforehand sooo...
Dudes acting like since Yeezus the new cool thing to do hasn't been to drop albums/tapes unannounced.

(Before illphil jumps on me, I'm in now way implying Kanye started this or made it cool. Rock acts and other rappers were doing this before Kanye. Hell, my rap group dropped a sophomore album unannounced three years ago
laugh.gif
I'm just using Yeezus as a demarcation point because it's been happening way more often since around then and it's a time period we're all familiar with.)

Kanye could drop an album next week if he wanted.

Last edited:
No one knew Yeezus was releasing until like a month beforehand sooo...

(Before illphil jumps on me, I'm in now way implying Kanye started this or made it cool. Rock acts and other rappers were doing this before Kanye. Hell, my rap group dropped a sophomore album unannounced three years ago :lol: I'm just using Yeezus as a demarcation point because it's been happening way more often since around then and it's a time period we're all familiar with.)

:lol:

It's all good yo. You're one of the few sane ones in here.

So the head of Kanye's label said Kanye's album is amazing?

Now THAT'S amazing.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party about rappers singing... But let me add a little perspective

Y'all forgot about ja rule basically made his career on singing.

Nelly had various hooks he sang... And then he did sweatsuit in 2005.

I'm a kanye fan... But let's not act like he was the only rapper doing those types of things.

Back
Top Bottom