OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Smh.....this is why I can't **** with dude lately..

You know he part owns Tidal right? He'd be stupid not to make it a Tidal exclusive.

I could be wrong because I don't have a lot of streaming experience, but would his album alone be enough to drive people to Tidal though. I dig if he released across all platforms and put exclusive tracks in Tidal, like the original Wolves that everyone wants, but to keep the album solely Tidal, I just don't know.

All I know is I'm not trying to be subscribed to three different music streaming services just because of exclusive albums. #budgeting

It's 2016 dudes really talking about shark biters lol . Its been going on since The late 90s early 2000s

I can keep going.

I disagree with more than half of these. Some of them have some similarities but this guy sounds just like Future. Flow, voice and all. Straight stealing. I don't **** with Future or his **** *** music either.

WTT had too much hype. Half of those songs I could fall asleep too. Jay is a better rapper than Kanye but Jay was so damn out of place on that record. Sounded like the old guy trying to hang out with the younger crowd. Then there's certain stretches on the album that just bores you to death.

Somewhat how I felt. Honestly I didn't have any problems with the lyrics. The production was just very underwhelming. I remember listening to it, waiting for songs to really catch my ear. Had I not bought the deluxe edition, it would've never happened. Those songs sound dope in the club, but when I put my headphones on to really listen to it, it was a step above a coaster.

Imagine being a popular rapper and hearing someone that sounds exactly like you, like pictures future reaction hearing this designer dude. Son was probably so gone off the actavis that he thought it actually was him, probably had his lawyer call Kanye about his royalties.

That would be hilarious :lol: :lol:

Nothing wrong with supporting an artist-owned streaming service you yourself are invested in, but I don't get the resistance to a physical release.

Also, not getting his logic on the "white" publications comment. I get that he's had to fight to get where he is but I am not sure that makes him immune to criticism; nor do I think you have to be descended from slaves to have a valid opinion on his songs. I'd like to hear him explain that one in a way that makes sense.

Played the album otw to brunch yesterday. I like a handful and that's about all at the moment :smh: . Just give us Good Friday tracks and I'm cool wit Ye again.

Its suck for those who paid 10 extra for that kanye NYC hoping to get an album and get all this nonsense. I'm not jumping on tidal, I like my apple music I can wait to hear his music a little longer?

Its suck for those who paid 10 extra for that kanye NYC hoping to get an album and get all this nonsense. I'm not jumping on tidal, I like my apple music I can wait to hear his music a little longer?
kanye said hes not releasing the album to apple or anywhere else. only tidal lol

First Kanye album that probably won't sonically change the landscape of hip hop / pop music. Every one of his previous albums had a huge impact on the sound and content of music, this one isn't really breaking any new ground. It's a good album, but I think we can all say he peaked with MBDTF, w/ Yeezus being a radical sound that was polarizing. This is the first time I've not been blown away by a Kanye album. 

First Kanye album that probably won't sonically change the landscape of hip hop / pop music. Every one of his previous albums had a huge impact on the sound and content of music, this one isn't really breaking any new ground. It's a good album, but I think we can all say he peaked with MBDTF, w/ Yeezus being a radical sound that was polarizing. This is the first time I've not been blown away by a Kanye album. 

What the hell did Yeezus change? People really just take stuff too far.

Agree, giving Kanye way to much credit for that garbage album

I don't have Tidal so it looks like the only way I'm listening to this album is through other means. :smh:

Really?

And the people complaining about paying for the album, again you realize he part owns Tidal and that when it officially released you'll get emailed a digital download link just like wih Rihanna and Beyonce's recent releases. Did you read the instructions or...

You know what let me sign off. It's late.

Last edited:
I feel like a good amount of it is performance art/brilliant marketing.

Ye lives his entire life according to the motto "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

Say what you will but it's working out for him.

I think it's a little telling that other rappers seem to like/respect him.

I wouldn't say brilliant marketing. Id say the tidal release was more like a test group kinda thing. He knows what the fans like snd don't like by now. It's up to him if he uses the right tracks

Back
Top Bottom