OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

AjarAbandonedGoldfish-size_restricted.gif

When he starts singing on "God Is" :lol:

Follow God and Water stand out so far.

I was hoping I'd like Use This Gospel more than I did.

Stumbled on my Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy physical in my closet earlier when I was digging for a shoe box and can't help but laugh at how I used to be excited for every album, every interview, and especially for him getting in his film bag.

Now I'm listening to son's music just out of curiosity, scrolling past every interview, and not even giving that Sunday Service movie **** a second glance :lol: |l

Y’all just need to admit that the antics have turned you off of dude. This actually wasn’t bad

Of course his antics turned folks off.

Musically speaking, this album sounds great. But a lot of folks, myself included, don’t do the whole Jesus thing. It’s that simple. If OutKast came out with a “gospel” album I’d say the same thing. So chalking it up to his antics being why people aren’t rocking with it is kinda disingenuous.

Dear hip-hop artists, it's not a bad thing to make full length songs. Albums ain't nothing but demos these days.

Of course his antics turned folks off.

Musically speaking, this album sounds great. But a lot of folks, myself included, don’t do the whole Jesus thing. It’s that simple. If OutKast came out with a “gospel” album I’d say the same thing. So chalking it up to his antics being why people aren’t rocking with it is kinda disingenuous.
It’s not disingenuous because you can tell that’s the wave a lot of folks will be on when they judge Kanye’s music now on. And of course people won’t like it because of the gospel stuff if they aren’t into that. That’s obvious.

i think both of yall stated valid reasons as to why he's turned ppl off. I know alot of ppl that have said it was either a, b, both a and b, etc. Theres not just one sole reason why ppl change their takes on things

Im def not big on god jesus etc so i know when this was announced i knew i wasnt going to be crazy about it.

I havent heard all the songs yet outside the first 2-3 and the concert snippets so I cant judge it yet.

But if its really is religious heavy, I wont be replaying much of it

Last edited:
Yeah this isn’t gonna be in heavy rotation because of the content but there are a few songs ima keep for sure

these tracks ain't that good. he's got a little something here, but there is 1 or maybe 2 tracks that stand as a whole. everything else has elements that are nice but the entirety of the track is mediocre for other reasons.

and I quote enjoy spiritual music. but if you're going to make spiritual music, it helps greatly to have good singers and well written content. he's lacking both on a lot of tracks.

that beat flip on God Is though...

It’s not disingenuous because you can tell that’s the wave a lot of folks will be on when they judge Kanye’s music now on. And of course people won’t like it because of the gospel stuff if they aren’t into that. That’s obvious.

Cool, so you agree then, making your initial point moot.

Good talk.

Back
Top Bottom